Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buckyvania View Post
    Gordy..who died and put you in charge? You can't
    "guarantee" anything and you can't speak for anyone else. Until a responsible person steps up to TAKE CHARGE and work with the state TDs and get their opinions this series is on hiatus. Paul did squat as the fill in, never posting a single note or message ANYWHERE as to what was going on or what he was doing. Let's TRY and be professional this year.
    He didn't die, but, Ray Antoon and the series itself did die. Keep it up Gordy getting the ball rolling will get the right people in their respected position on the board. Any direction we go from here is a step forward.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by buckyvania View Post
      Gordy..who died and put you in charge? You can't
      "guarantee" anything and you can't speak for anyone else. Until a responsible person steps up to TAKE CHARGE and work with the state TDs and get their opinions this series is on hiatus. Paul did squat as the fill in, never posting a single note or message ANYWHERE as to what was going on or what he was doing. Let's TRY and be professional this year.
      Dear Bucky, nice first post. Part of my point here is to challange people to get involved and commit something. Do you have something we can use?. The guarantee I speak of is based in part on having venues provide up-front players Series fees for about 90 players ($270) and about another $230 for an approved Series -wide disc that will get us a CTP basket AND contribute instant additional funds to the Finals. No ,this is no guarantee that any particular event will be a success, But this stipulated event participation threshold will assure us that only resourceful clubs and TDs will consider signing up. I'm sorry if Paul is not recognized as someone who should be part of this years plans, but honestly, I feel Eric has a responsibility to lead or help lead or assure us that as State Co he is with us and that his office is tied into this effort. Over here we had our most successful Inland Series in its 5 years and thats where my energies really belong so please don't think I'm trying to strong-arm from you what you think is your show.::

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
        I vote Tim for chairman!
        Hah! Just to avoid any confusion, I'm not trying to head up the series myself. I'm happy to help out in whatever way I can, but I didn't play a whole lot of tourneys this year, and don't see myself going out of my way to play a whole bunch next year either (unless we start talking one dayers .)

Paul shouldn't be faulted for anything from last year, he stepped up in a moment of crisis and offered to handle the money, which is exactly what he did. Bucky does bring up a good point though, that whoever DOES step up to be series coordinator should be someone who is active on the forums (or at least would be) and able to answer questions and let people know what's going on. A lot of things that go screwy in the disc golf world are simply due to a lack of communication, which in turn fosters conjecture, which at some point becomes "fact." (Can't emphasize those quotation marks enough.)
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          didn't play a whole lot of tourneys this year,
          I don't think actual attendance should preclude someone from being series coordinator.

About the 2009 series
          I believe Paul agreed to head up the effort to keep the series alive but not necessarily do all the work. Eric who does almost all of the online stuff seems like the perfect person to take on this endeavour. I heard from several players yesterday that the promises of online transparency made at the Final And any and All outstanding payout need to be addressed ASAP! If not sooner!
          rewindb.com

Comment

Ray Antoon is dead?
            RIP
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

No, I don't think so.
              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Here is the link for the current guidelines used by the INWS. If these are the root guidelines for the 2010 WA. series and all of the TD's follow them The series should be just fine.

http://www.stimpiridge.com/pages/inland_nw_series.htm
                rewindb.com

Comment

2009 INWS Guidelines

Hey Jub, here's the complete guidelines for the 2009 INWSeries. I've also included the 2009 INWS Points System, the 2009 INWS Points spreadsheet and the 2009 CTP spreadsheet showing how the purse for the Finals was funded and who qualified to throw for the Chainstar basket. This information is posted on the SDGA website and was updated after each event was posted to the PDGA.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                    No, but remember I'm trying to set a spark here. Last year Paul picked up the s--- end of the stick and I don't really know if he got any help or guidence at all. Paul gets my vote for lending a steadying hand this year as a 'reward'. Paul? I'll call. Eric is our State PDGA Rep. All event dates must be pre-approved by him. He is an obvious choice to coordinate dates and events. Afterall what else do we do PDGA style here in WA. besides the Series? Eric? OK, I'll call. He can hold the money too. Hey, Chris Gilberts, what part do you want to play? #21004 out.
                    I want to play a supporting role. I've said before, I think a committee is the best way to go for building a solid, lasting foundation for the future, and a committee needs a head. I don't neccesarily want to "head" the series, but I do want to be involved. IMO Gordy, I think that the [head] is a role better played by you. You have a great supporting staff, you have experience running quality events.

I would help out by TD'ing an event if needed, or Co- TD if an event needs help.
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                      I want to play a supporting role. I've said before, I think a committee is the best way to go for building a solid, lasting foundation for the future, and a committee needs a head. I don't neccesarily want to "head" the series, but I do want to be involved. IMO Gordy, I think that the [head] is a role better played by you. You have a great supporting staff, you have experience running quality events.

I would help out by TD'ing an event if needed, or Co- TD if an event needs help.
                      Chris, Gordy and I are already the Inland Northwest Series Coordinators. I can't speak for Gordy but coordinating the Washington State Series is just more than I want to do.

I offered to do the stats because I like to do it and I can do it from my desk here in Spokane. Gordy has some good ideas about how to make the series events financially sound for the players. Eric is the perfect person to coordinate the dates of the tournaments. Paul is the person that already has the WSS bank account and the logical person to take care of the money. What we need is someone to attend the series events and run the CTP qualifier for the basket. I think that you could handle that, huh.

Or it could also be included in the series guidelines that the TD of each event or his agent runs the CTP Qualifier and submits the generated cash with his series fees.

The only thing left after that is for someone to put out the cash for the fundraiser discs that allow us to get the basket for free. Oh yeah and get some art for the disc.

Who has done the art for the series in the past, does anyone know? Would that person be interested in doing it this year so that the theme can remain as it has been in the past.

There are just soooo many questions!
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        Chris, Gordy and I are already the Inland Northwest Series Coordinators. I can't speak for Gordy but coordinating the Washington State Series is just more than I want to do.

I offered to do the stats because I like to do it and I can do it from my desk here in Spokane. Gordy has some good ideas about how to make the series events financially sound for the players. Eric is the perfect person to coordinate the dates of the tournaments. Paul is the person that already has the WSS bank account and the logical person to take care of the money. What we need is someone to attend the series events and run the CTP qualifier for the basket. I think that you could handle that, huh.

Or it could also be included in the series guidelines that the TD of each event or his agent runs the CTP Qualifier and submits the generated cash with his series fees.

The only thing left after that is for someone to put out the cash for the fundraiser discs that allow us to get the basket for free. Oh yeah and get some art for the disc.

Who has done the art for the series in the past, does anyone know? Would that person be interested in doing it this year so that the theme can remain as it has been in the past.

There are just soooo many questions!
                        I would be willing to handle the CTP qualifier, I can't say for certain that I will make ALL of the events, but I could work with the TD's of events I can't make and work it out with them.

As far as start up cash, there is $500 left from this years series to get started. As far as artwork, I don't know who has done it in the past.
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I would be willing to handle the CTP qualifier, I can't say for certain that I will make ALL of the events, but I could work with the TD's of events I can't make and work it out with them.

As far as start up cash, there is $500 left from this years series to get started. As far as artwork, I don't know who has done it in the past.
                          Dear Oly, CTP guy is actually a very hands-on job; not a hand-job but a hands -on job. Actually there is very little difference. You need a Clipboard and a sheet of paper. Also a tape measure. Its better if you have an assitant at the tee-area with you. You need a designated assitant down by the pin to keep people from meddling with the thrown discs. Its better if you have a seperate prize for those who are, for example, closest to the pin for just that day.(six pack, disc, tee shirt, etc.) With the clipboard you can start taking reservations for the toss at any time that day. You simply write down their name, accept $5 for 6 tosses, and make 6 slash marks behind their name and bamo, they have a reservation for 6 tosses which can be taken at any time during the contest.(this means they can throw 3, retrieve 3 and throw 3 again later when they get back. You just x out the slash marks each time they throw. Thats where the assistant comes in handy; when its too busy to take money, make change and monitor the tosses all at the same time. During this time you insist that there will be no awards until you've made $100. This makes you the bad guy instead of the harried scorekeepers. ie. direcet the attention to the CTP Fundraiser. !00% of the proceeds goes to the Finals purse enhancement (your pitch) and each of thr 10 closest tosses will qualify for a free toss to win the bitchin basket at the CTP contest at the Finals. All of the $ earned will be allocated proportionally across all of the divisions relative to their participation during the regular season. At the end of each tournament's CTP contest you will need to log the names of each of the ten closest tosses and report it to the Series statitician. I recommend that this process be the standard for conducting this event at any of the Series events. No, the pros don't tend to play this game much because its much easier for a pro to sit and smoke and watch their purse rise.( Except McCoy and Wayne. ) Challange them and remind them that there will be no awards untill you make a bale 'o cash. And, oh yes, no skimming! PS. guys will start giving you $10 bills just to get the Awards ceremony going. (just ask B-Mob)

Comment

As far as the $500 to jump -stsrt this year is concerned I suggest that someone reputable reccomend someone reputable and we get the
                            4500 into their hands now.
                            Last edited by Gordy #21004; November 12th, 2009, 12:47 AM. Reason: Posted wrong dollar amount

Comment

that would be ,'get the $500 into their hands.

Comment

I have some ideas and I am willing to help with the 2010 Washington State Series.

I would like to start a private email list of the people that want to help coordinate the series and of the series TDs. Every comment about the series as a whole will go out to all the people on the list. Every discussion about a particular event will be discussed between the TDs of that event and the series coordinators. I have already talked with several people about the series and there is also a good amount of positive communication hitting the forum now. It is time to take the next step towards the structure and preparation for the 2010 Washington State Series.

If you are interested, email me at mikerideout@challengediscgolf.com . These discussions will be private (not on the forum); held by the people that are ready to put time and effort into this thing. I plan to put out the first group email on Monday with my ideas. Once this happens, each person on the list will know who else is on the list and how to get in contact with most of the people that want to help in the series development.

I do not expect my ideas to become the series standards, but I do expect series standards to come from these discussions. If you are interested or if you know a TD that should be on this list, email me or spread the word.

Mike Rideout
                                WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X