X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Team Disc Golf?

After sitting around wishing and hoping....I've decided to get the ball rolling for a WA "Team" Disc Golf League. I've contacted a few key players already, and will work on making more contacts. Im looking to have a meeting with interested parties in early to mid November. Any interested parties should get in contact with me before then.

As far as I see, there's no need to re-invent the wheel. That being said, I want a league that is compatible with Oregon TDG. Our friends to the South have a good thing thats tried and established, we should follow the lead.

Also, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for a "super Bowl"/"North Beats South" WA vs. OR rivalry! This would be much easier to facilitate if we're on the same format.

I am looking for imput from interested parties in WA. Im also looking for imput from "players" in the OR TDG. I want to know what is working and why.

Thanks for the ideas!

Chris Gilberts
    TEAM OLY
    chrisgilberts@msn.com
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

I am an interested party.
    Team Innova
    Team LSDiscs
    Team Stimpi
    Team Challenge
    Team Oly
    Team Fry
    2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
    PDGA #25541

Comment

Hell YEAH!

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
      After sitting around wishing and hoping....I've decided to get the ball rolling for a WA "Team" Disc Golf League. I've contacted a few key players already, and will work on making more contacts. Im looking to have a meeting with interested parties in early to mid November. Any interested parties should get in contact with me before then.

As far as I see, there's no need to re-invent the wheel. That being said, I want a league that is compatible with Oregon TDG. Our friends to the South have a good thing thats tried and established, we should follow the lead.

Also, there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for a "super Bowl"/"North Beats South" WA vs. OR rivalry! This would be much easier to facilitate if we're on the same format.

I am looking for imput from interested parties in WA. Im also looking for imput from "players" in the OR TDG. I want to know what is working and why.

Thanks for the ideas!

Chris Gilberts
      TEAM OLY
      chrisgilberts@msn.com
      Chris,

If you go to teamdiscgolf.com it will redirect you to our Yahoo group. Sign up for that and you'll have access to all of our files and can use and/or modify them for your league. I'll have to approve you so it won't be instantaneous, but hopefully it will save you some time.

Jordan
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

m.c.m.c

Originally posted by chanman View Post
        I am an interested party.
        As am I. Do we pick our own teams? How many per team? Chandler? Chandler?
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

i think your allowed so many players in a certain rating category

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post

Thanks for the ideas!

Chris Gilberts
            TEAM OLY
            chrisgilberts@msn.com
            The number one reason it works here is that there is ONE leader, Jordan. Everybody has input but he is the ultimate decision maker and we follow his lead. What Jordan does, is always in the best interest of Team Golf and EVERYBODY involved, no personal agenda's. Trust in your leader and things will work well.

Number two, is that it is meant to be a fun time and when everybody buys into, "it's just for fun" idea, that's what you have, FUN.

Chris, I'm really glad to see you step up to get this started up there. From what I saw in my visit to the North, for Chandlers fund raiser, you folks have the right guy taking the lead.

Pick you own teams....
            7 players per team.......
            handicapped.......(even I would have a shot at taking down a 1004 rated player)

Fun, fun, fun!

Bob

Comment

I read the oregon rules and it sounds like a good time. I could see finding 7 people for a team being a little tricky. I thought maybe make the teams 4 man teams 2 pros and 2 ams. First round the ams play against the ams and the pros playagainst the pros. 2nd round the home team picks the doubles teams, either am am and pro pro or pro am teams but still handicapped. The first round one am and one pro from each team playin the same group with an am and a pro from the other group so the ams get to play with the pros. However it works I amwillingto participate if possible. Thanks for doing this chris!
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I would definitely love to get in on something like this. Please keep this thread going with updates and all. Very interested!!!
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Right on, Chris. Interested here as well.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    I read the oregon rules and it sounds like a good time. I could see finding 7 people for a team being a little tricky. I thought maybe make the teams 4 man teams 2 pros and 2 ams. First round the ams play against the ams and the pros playagainst the pros. 2nd round the home team picks the doubles teams, either am am and pro pro or pro am teams but still handicapped. The first round one am and one pro from each team playin the same group with an am and a pro from the other group so the ams get to play with the pros. However it works I amwillingto participate if possible. Thanks for doing this chris!
                    When you figure out how to handicap the doubles matches I'd love to know what you come up with...
                    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Washington TDG......awesome. Looks like Oregon TDG may be getting a farm league soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        When you figure out how to handicap the doubles matches I'd love to know what you come up with...
                        Each player would have a rating or a handycap and you could average the two giving a team handycap.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I bet there's enough interest around here for TDG to catch on pretty quickly. However for the inaugural year, Redfive may be right that smaller teams would be preferable. On the other hand, Olydiscgolf's point regarding compatibility with our Dixie-whistlin' adversaries is valid as well... but again, how significant is that during this inaugural season?

And just for reference, in case we do go through with this and (foolishly?) stray from Oregon's proven system: When I've played handicapped doubles before (at a private course back east, where the clubhouse updated handicaps continually based on everyone's most recent 20 scorecards turned in) they took the two players' handicaps, added them and divided by 3. So it's not a true average -- it's meant to minimize the impact of unusually large handicaps, and slightly favor better players... effects for which there's a lot to be said. It seemed to work out very well.
                          anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun. Great format.

I'll start to round up a West Sound team with NAD park being our home course.

Keep us posted with all the details about WA team golf.

Comment

I would be very interested.... I agree with Chris in that it'd be easier to form teams for each course by having teams of 4... some courses/clubs could have multiple teams representing them if there was enough interest. It seems that you could still borrow the Oregon TDG format and just modify it.
                              Whatever you decide, it sounds like a ton of fun!
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X