X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA TEAM DG edition #2

This is the new face of WA Team Golf. Anybody interested in WA TEAM GOLF apply here. Anybody interested in bad mouthing, crap talking, BS! Go to the old thread, thats all it turned into!

Chris Gilberts
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

are the teams really going to be just picked? im sure thats easy when there are only so many that want in at a smaller course. but wouldnt it bear fairest to have some sort of competition to get on? i could see picked if it werent limited to a certain number of teams, but otherwise. . .

Comment

I believe that it was intended to be first come first served, but don't quote me on that... literally.
      Chris, can you clarify?
      Have you tried to join a team unsucessfully?

Having a competition for roster spots wouldn't seem fair to me, as that would make it difficult for lesser skilled players to earn a spot on a team...
      I believe that it was meant to be all inclusive, like Oregon tdg--for players of all levels... I hope that you're able to get onto a team-- what is your home course?

We should remember that this is a 'trial run'.

How were the Oregon teams formed?
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Yes, the teams are picked. Its a handicapped league so the best player doesn't always win. Its a first come first served basis.

Contact me and I can set you up with a captain.

Chris Gilberts
        Last edited by olydiscgolf; October 26th, 2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

How many spots are available? I wish I could commit to the full schedule. Best of luck.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

There will be 9 spots on each of 6 teams. The teams that will be represented will be: Terrace creek, White River, Steilly, Yauger, MCDG (Shelton), NAD Park.

Each team will need at least 6 members at each of 6 events. If you divide the number of events by the number of members of each team you will find you only need to be able to commit to 4 events to participate.

Stay tuned for the full disclosure of WA TEAM DISC GOLF rules. Its not quite ready yet, but I had a good meeting with Eric Lund tonight, and we're getting the details figured out.

If anybody has questions, please ask, Im happy to answer!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
              There will be 9 spots on each of 6 teams. The teams that will be represented will be: Terrace creek, White River, Steilly, Yauger, MCDG (Shelton), NAD Park.

Each team will need at least 6 members at each of 6 events. If you divide the number of events by the number of members of each team you will find you only need to be able to commit to 4 events to participate.

Stay tuned for the full disclosure of WA TEAM DISC GOLF rules. Its not quite ready yet, but I had a good meeting with Eric Lund tonight, and we're getting the details figured out.

If anybody has questions, please ask, Im happy to answer!
              Why have only one team per course? Couldn't you have a Terrace 1 and Terrace 2, as long as there is enough interest? Everyone who is interested gets to play and you eliminate the "who gets in" question. Everything works, as long as you have an even number of teams.

Comment

I am limiting the number of teams for a couple of reasons. This is the first year for TDG, I am looking to build the future on the foundation that is set this year. By keeping it small it makes it easier to get a feel for how things will work.

At this point, there isn't a "who gets in question" we still have spots available. Even at Terrace.

Comment

this is exactly what me and kilmer were discussing and he thinks its more fair to have to earn a spot then be picked. im not sure if its a gross overestimation of the available people from steily, but if we have way too many that want on, im not sure whats the best system to use

Comment

Hey Chris,

Keep up the good work on this. I have been saying for a long time that it seems like the Oregon folks have a great thing going with their team thing. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.

As for team formation, I think everyone has to deal with the fact that the first time around there will be 6 teams of nine people and that is a great start. If more teams want in then try it next year, but get the ball rolling simply to start and work out the kinks. How are the teams formed? Seems like as in any kind of bring your team sport, that will be up to the captain of each team to decide how to best form the team. I know I have thrown my name at the West Sound captain in hopes that I may be picked, but if the captain decides to go another direction then so be it. Although I must say that at that point I may try the free agent market........

Hope to be playing in this and again, way to go Chris for getting it started!

Later,
                    Scott Papa
                    Team Discraft
                    Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

How teams are formed? For us sometimes it is a matter of 7 friends that talk about it and form a team. Other times, as in my case, someone wants to form a team, a messege is sent, several others send messeges, and BAM, we have a team. I really didn't even know the other people other than having met them maybe a couple of times at a course and now we are a Team and friends for life.

Some teams try to recruit the best players they can get and for others skill really isn't a factor. Remember, it's handicapped so anybody has a chance at winning a match. As bad as I am, I've taken down some pretty darn good players. (hard to overcome someone that starts with 20+ strokes on you )

The MOST important thing to remember as you move forward is that the key to Team Golf is FUN. Keep it fun and you won't regret it.

Keep it going guys, I'm excited to see you all working so hard to have Team Golf in WA.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Ode View Post
                        this is exactly what me and kilmer were discussing and he thinks its more fair to have to earn a spot then be picked. im not sure if its a gross overestimation of the available people from steily, but if we have way too many that want on, im not sure whats the best system to use

Earn your way onto the team????

Cmon guys really??

This is TDG not the USDGC

best system is to have an even # of teams other than that, there is no need for a team of 1000 rated players.....as they will lose most of the time anyway.....

Just have fun with this run it off the Or. system it has been a work in progress for over 10 years. It is a lot of fun and keeps ya discing thru the winter.....

as for making teams per park that was used down here and it doesnt work that way really. Just make up teams who cares where 1's "Home" course is....

JUST HUK IT
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
                          Hey Chris,

Keep up the good work on this. I have been saying for a long time that it seems like the Oregon folks have a great thing going with their team thing. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.

As for team formation, I think everyone has to deal with the fact that the first time around there will be 6 teams of nine people and that is a great start. If more teams want in then try it next year, but get the ball rolling simply to start and work out the kinks. How are the teams formed? Seems like as in any kind of bring your team sport, that will be up to the captain of each team to decide how to best form the team. I know I have thrown my name at the West Sound captain in hopes that I may be picked, but if the captain decides to go another direction then so be it. Although I must say that at that point I may try the free agent market........

Hope to be playing in this and again, way to go Chris for getting it started!

Later,
                          Scott Papa
                          Hey Scott we still have room on team Terrace!
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Hey Tom,

Toby tell you I am in for Terrace? Cause if not, coun't me in!
                            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I'm in for Terrace as well, so long as I don't have too many weddings to attend.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X