X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
    May as well make the buy in each week $3 per player at all courses and raise some funds for everybody. I am willing .
    that may not be bad.......maybe take 1/2 of the total at the end and put to a ctp????

i'm down

Comment

May as well make the buy in each week $3 per player at all courses and raise some funds for everybody. I am willing .
      we are already paying just to PLAY in this team disc golf league!!. we really dont need any other expenses on top of that in my opinion. plus if your team is planning on wearing jerseys then you have to worry about shelling out cash for a jersey as well.

i think that this should be the cheaper the better for a winter time team disc golf league that is about HAVING FUN, not trying to make it seem like another washington state series. i can understand the fee for stilly and riverside because if we want to keep those courses then the club has to raise funds somehow to continue to pay the lease each year, but for all other parks that dont have a big lease agreement like stilly then we shouldnt have to pay to play at the course.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
        we are already paying just to PLAY in this team disc golf league!!. we really dont need any other expenses on top of that in my opinion. plus if your team is planning on wearing jerseys then you have to worry about shelling out cash for a jersey as well.

i think that this should be the cheaper the better for a winter time team disc golf league that is about HAVING FUN, not trying to make it seem like another washington state series.
        I agree completely. This is going down the wrong track IMO.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
          pierce county disc golf has a contract with the county to pay 1200$ a year to use steily and riverside. we have a rule in place that says anyone that plays an event at either course must pay 3$ per head. EVERYONE MUST PAY, that is the only way to keep it fair for the A-tier to the deaf disc golfers that only have 20 players. The club can not waive this. need to know if the players will pay 3$ to play at our courses for team golf, or if we should find other courses to play
          This begs the question: do you charge this fee for the summer weeklies that use these courses all season long?

As most weeklies are like a $5 buy in, do they actually play for $1 payout with $1 going to the series final and $3 going to the club for park fees?

Just asking since the total cost for WTDG per player is like $2/event. And they will only be at your courses once for each of the two courses during the winter when the course gets the least amount of use. I have no problem with paying course fees, but are they closing the course to other users during these events like they would during a PDGA tourney?

When OTDG plays at say Horning's for example, all I do is mention that everybody needs to pay the $3 day use fee in the morning meeting. But if the course wants the money then they should have someone there to collect the money, since I am surely not going to add that to the list of crap I have to do to get the event off and running smoothly. Likewise when we play at a State Park there is a fee to park your car in the park. And all I do is mention that in the morning meeting and it is up to the park staff to police the compliance of the golfers.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• yes the weekly doubles do pay for use of the course....and do tournaments....and tdg

Comment

• This year, I donated at least $50 extra to 12+ events that I played. That $50 barely made a dent for each individual event, but if I would have just wrote one check for $600.....

At the end of the season, WA TDG will be making a donation to a new local course. My hope is to be able to donate over $800. The amount of this donation is directly affected by "course fee's".

With 7 courses being played, we could divide up the $800 and each course would get player fee's in the amount of about $120.

$120 doesn't go very far for an established course, but $800 for a new course goes along way!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

• How is raising money for the courses we use going in the wrong direction? Is $3 every two weeks that much to ask? Why not give back a little? Donating a few bucks to the course isn't going to make team disc golf like another series. It is only going to help give back to courses during a time when they aren't able to raise as much. I like playing disc golf and I know that the clubs that are in charge of our courses need our help to keep them going. I am greatful to the clubs and to the people that donate their time and effort so I can enjoy myself during a round of golf. Donate $3 and know you are doing something good for the sport in our area. What is wrong about that?
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• there is nothing wrong with the thought of giving $3 per course. my hesitation is that i dont want this to end up snowballing or evolving into something else. when i agreed to play in team disc golf it was 15 dollars fee per player, and $1 ace pot per event. i dont want to hear later down the road "now we each have to pay for this new fee or that new fee" or something like that.

the only time i actually am ok with paying money to play disc golf is at an organized tournament (prefereably pdga), or if i was playing at a pay to play course. there are other times i pay to play (weekly doubles) but i would always rather play for free.

the bottom line for me is that i expected to pay 15 dollars entry and 1 dollar each tournament for ace pot. nothing more than that. (exept stilly and riverside i guess)
                  Team Meteor

Comment

• Very interesting Idea. Me likey

Comment

• I vote for raising the team fees to $180 ($20 per player) and creating a course improvement fund of $1200, thus leaving $600 for TDG expenses and payout.

The local Clubs that represent the courses used in this year's TDG will then create a proposal to allocate funds for thier courses. The proposal will include actual projects with involved costs and a brief explanation of why it is needed. For example, "Purchase a new basket w/collar and concrete for $400, Collars and concrete for 6 new pin locations for $150, or Concrete and forms for three new tee boxes for $300". Explanation example, "Purchase of basket is needed to replace a tone pole or Concrete is needed to upgrade the dirt tee pad on hole 4,7, and 12."

Clubs will submit thier proposal to the TD of WTDG (Chris Gilberts). Chris will then create three or four alternatives (multiple courses in each alternative) to allocate the course improvement fund based on the submitted proposals and then the TDG team captians will vote for one. The courses in the winning alternative will be the lucky recipient of the fundraising efforts of Washington Team Disc Golf. The funds will be awarded to the winning clubs at the TDG Finals.

Now that would be some serious fundraising efforts for the off season.

Later,
                      Sam

Comment

• yeah you can go ahead and call me the grinch, but i vote for changeing the fee BACK to 10.00 per person like it was last year. we dont need any more money increases unless the money is going to be payed out back to the players.
                        Team Meteor

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                          yeah you can go ahead and call me the grinch, but i vote for changeing the fee BACK to 10.00 per person like it was last year. we dont need any more money increases unless the money is going to be payed out back to the players.
                          If the money is going to the courses how is that not being paid back to all players?
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

If the money is going to the courses how is that not being paid back to all players?
                            i was meaning payed back to the players as in more cash to be put up for winning teams at team disc golf. i would rather see cold hard cash. especially if i am investing some of my own money (as in entrance fees ect.)

i believe that each course or club that takes care of a course should be responsible for raising money for their current courses or for future courses, i really dont think that team disc golf should be used for raising money for any courses, just the players in way of cash or prizes.
                            Team Meteor

Comment

• $10 for sure Orion. If someone wants to donate an extra $10 or $3 per course played then they are free to do that.
                              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• I think the vision of using this series to raise money for the courses we all know and love is far and away the best use of my 15 dollars I can think of. Team Disc Golf IS FOR FUN, i mean it's handicapped golf for crying out loud, definitely not to be taken seriously. It's about getting out and raging against the oppressive winter(until it gets dark and we retreat for hot cocoa) and not payouts script or otherwise.

I hope no one see this as anything more than keeping your skills honed and possible picking up some bragging rights(at least till somebody points out the handicap thing again). If someone told me for a 20 dollar donation to the greater good of disc golf I could go out and compete in 7-8 organized events this winter with my buddies against my friends at their courses and somebody would be keeping track of it all for me I just had to show up and have fun....

I would say "Where do I sign up?" What would you say?

Maybe you would have questions about how your donated money is spent, fair enough, that is a conversation worth having. Sam had some ideas on that worth pursuing and I'm sure other folks have ideas as well. But if we all were to look at this from a perspective more along these lines it makes answering some of question brought up so far a lot easier.

It's possible I'm being a little too idealistic(wouldn't be the first time) but really where else could you get so much back for donating so little to your favorite cause?

I am speaking as a player here any numbers or intentions mentioned above are for the purpose of conversation and contemplation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X