Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah my money is on Old Man Whitney, unless he's under the weather...and then maybe. I wonder what his rating would be if he were actually PDGA....
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Wayne? 980-990. I'm going with Frank in the Bank.
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I'll get the full bracket up in a little bit when I figure out how best to do that, in the meantime:

Wayne won it all in the main draw.
        2 - Aaron Holley
        3 - Ian M
        4 - Alex

B Draw
        1 - Thor
        2 - Eric Mesford
        3/4 - Jens & Ron B

C Draw
        1 - Toby
        2 - Ken S
        3/4 -Mark B & Joe H

Seemed like people enjoyed the change of pace with the matchplay format - thanks for coming out everyone. It was nice to have near 32 players so that the bracket worked out evenly - although in the future, if I run another one, I'll have to do it pre-reg style so spots are guaranteed and I don't have to turn anyone away.
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Ooooh, do I get a consolation prize for predicting the winner? If it counts for anything, I also foresaw that the Dude wouldn't hold up so well in a one-on-one with Gogo.

That was indeed a lot of fun, Andrew, thanks for putting it on. You're right, the Seattle area could use some more match play events. It was a great change of pace as well as a whole new perspective on competitive play. Can I prereg for the next one?
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I've attached jpegs of all the brackets to this post for those who are interested to see how it all went down (FYI - You may have to hold CTRL while rolling up on the mousepad to zoom in to see the names well enough)

Tim: Hopefully you'll be registering soon - today was might prove to be a good test run for later. One of my favorite tournaments was a giant matchplay tourney in Madison called "Capital Cup". 128 people all in a giant matchplay bracket! Way fun, would be really cool to do something similar here over a weekend in the summer. Just an idea at this point, I haven't really thought about it yet.
            Last edited by cefire; November 15th, 2009, 10:20 AM.
            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

the b bracket jpeg shows eric in 1st and i beat his old tired arse!!!!

Comment

Fixed and enhanced just for you Thor!
                'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                  Pfffttph. Wow, I don't see why a friendly, down-to-earth guy would jump to such an insulting conclusion. I know you've been around the disc golf block a few times, so how is it that you can't appreciate a less-experienced golfer's interest in seeing how some skilled players (schmucks, if you will) approach the course that just got the best of him twice?
                  Back in the olden days, there were no 'skilled players' to watch. I guess that is why I cannot appreciate your interest. We learned by throwing. I always had a disc in my hand or nearby. Playing catch is the single best thing anyone can do to learn how to throw. Period. Learn how to throw by throwing.
                  On a 150' or longer shot, all I think about is playing catch with the basket.
                  "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Come on Budsman, things have changed. Get with the program dude... it's the 90's!!
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                      I will be there to donate my $5-- bringing my C game -- sore thumb-- no grip and no confidence...
                      To be fair to the rest of us, you should have clarified that you meant your C-Bracket game, and that those "handicaps" were just meant to lull us all into false confidence... just joshin, nice work Toby.
                      Last edited by killa; November 18th, 2009, 03:10 AM. Reason: improved word choice
                      anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X