Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we show up the morning of this event and enter and if so what time? Will I have fun? Will I get my ass handed to me? Will I fall down on hole 3?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
      Can we show up the morning of this event and enter and if so what time? Will I have fun? Will I get my ass handed to me? Will I fall down on hole 3?
      Yes, yes, yes and yes. hehe. Hole 18 is where I fell, it and number 3 are dangerous right now. Players meeting is at 9am so show up a little earlier than that. Hey Brian I'll be out there early if you want to play a little before hand, I need to warm up the back.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

1) Longer matches --

2) If I am eliminated twice, I would personally prefer to spectate matches between some top golfers, rather than play matches myself in a bracket where I can no longer win money.

I know ChUcK is with me on that... others?
        anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
          1) Longer matches --

2) If I am eliminated twice, I would personally prefer to spectate matches between some top golfers, rather than play matches myself in a bracket where I can no longer win money.

I would much rather play fo no money than watch some other schmucks play.
          If you wanna be a groupie, go ahead.
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
            I would much rather play fo no money than watch some other schmucks play.
            I'm not playing to win money, I never go to tournaments/events for that purpose. I come for meeting and playing with new people or people I haven't played with much. To me the first two matches would be the same as any match after that, so I would rather be playing. $5 for a disc golf lesson.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

If I get eliminated and you happen to be one of the top finishers... I'd rather play more disc golf.
              If ChUck is still playing then I might reconsider.
              Swallowing angry words is better than choking on an apology.
              A pint of angry words--->

Comment

Originally posted by RIVETER View Post
                If I get eliminated and you happen to be one of the top finishers... I'd rather play more disc golf.
                Just pray you get matched up with me, that is a bye match, lol, my back is still killing me, I'm hoping lots of Tylenol, eggs and bacon for breakfast tomorrow will do the trick.

On a side note to Ryan AKA RIVETER: Terrace Creek!!!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

You and me in the finals, Ryan. Then you'll be forced to watch!
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Matt Wood can't make it, but Frank would like to play... I will be there to donate my $5-- bringing my C game -- sore thumb-- no grip and no confidence... see you in the losers' bracket Chuck, Kyle and Tom...

Actually, I'll take Chuck to win... who'll give me 100-1 on that action? Just kidding obviously, we all know that there's zero chance of Chuck winning, but it'd be fun to make some side bets on the outcome...
                    my prediction--Andrew Rivers beating Aaron Holley in the final round... taking action up until 9 am... pm me if interested... I take paypal.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by RIVETER View Post
                      HAHA Ryan, you done got me good! See you out there, buddy.

Originally posted by Ombudsman
                      Pfffttph. Wow, I don't see why a friendly, down-to-earth guy would jump to such an insulting conclusion. I know you've been around the disc golf block a few times, so how is it that you can't appreciate a less-experienced golfer's interest in seeing how some skilled players (schmucks, if you will) approach the course that just got the best of him twice?

And sillybizz, we're both thinking of it as a $5 lesson, but we're at odds over how to make the most of the opportunity. I feel as though I'll learn more watching the best than by playing with someone else who, like me, ended up in the second consolation bracket.

I guess most people are of a different mindset than me... OK. Let's have some fun!
                      anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Pfffttph. Wow, I don't see why a friendly, down-to-earth guy would jump to such an insulting conclusion. I know you've been around the disc golf block a few times, so how is it that you can't appreciate a less-experienced golfer's interest in seeing how some skilled players (schmucks, if you will) approach the course that just got the best of him twice?
                        Ha, you obviously don't know him well. I'm pretty sure we could all use some "coaching" from better players. I'm going with Aaron or Mr. Lewis to win. Just got home from a round with them and we got our work cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                          Matt Wood can't make it, but Frank would like to play... I will be there to donate my $5-- bringing my C game -- sore thumb-- no grip and no confidence... see you in the losers' bracket Chuck, Kyle and Tom...

Actually, I'll take Chuck to win... who'll give me 100-1 on that action? Just kidding obviously, we all know that there's zero chance of Chuck winning, but it'd be fun to make some side bets on the outcome...
                          my prediction--Andrew Rivers beating Aaron Holley in the final round... taking action up until 9 am... pm me if interested... I take paypal.
                          I would have put money on Chris Waugh but he chickened out! That's right next time we're at the course you are going down... could you spot me a stroke per hole?

Toby, I'll take Holley over Rivers, sorry Andrew I still got love for you. My wild card: Ming

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'm out. I am sick and need my rest. Good luck to everyone, see you all on the flip side. Would love to get a round in soon at Terrace or Arlington perhaps next weekend if anyone is interested???PM me or leave a message on the board. My money is on Tim for the Win!!! Go get em dude. WEAR THE WIG AND IT WILL BRING YOU THE TITLE.
                            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I'm in for either course buddy, just give me a jingle. Get better!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I've got to go with Ming for the big win here. He knows the course well and hits a lot of birdies when the putting is hot. Wayne would be another underdog pick who will probably be top 4 as well.

Insider tip to beat the vegas odds: Never bet on the TD (especially when the only time he has touched a disc in over a month was on a rolled ankle at Terror Creek
                                'Weekend 4 Women':
                                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X