Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In like Flynn. SillyBizz, I'll see you in the "B" bracket!
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
      Ah yes I forgot, one more twist to this whole deal is that the rounds will run "turbo" style to make sure we have plenty o'daylight.

First round - 12 holes
      Second - 12 holes
      LUNCH
      Third - 9 holes
      Fourth - 6 holes
      Fifth - 3 holes
      Final - Sudden death

Maximum # of holes = 40 holes unless you go into overtime in any of your matches
      I would offer a suggestion that you do at least five holes for the fifth round. 3 holes for match play could be VERY arbitrary depending on which hole you're playing, and could be quite unfair.

Also, you might want to stick with odd numbers, so you don't have to deal with any ties along the way. I would suggest...

RD1 - 13 holes
      RD2 - 11 holes
      RD3 - 9 holes
      RD4 - 7 holes
      RD5 - 5 holes

That said, sounds like a fun event!

Comment

Count me in the last name is Van Proyen.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
          I would offer a suggestion that you do at least five holes for the fifth round. 3 holes for match play could be VERY arbitrary depending on which hole you're playing, and could be quite unfair.

Also, you might want to stick with odd numbers, so you don't have to deal with any ties along the way. I would suggest...

RD1 - 13 holes
          RD2 - 11 holes
          RD3 - 9 holes
          RD4 - 7 holes
          RD5 - 5 holes

That said, sounds like a fun event!

I hear you on the 3 holes part, it will definitely increase the luck/randomness factor but at the same time I want to a) pump up the pressure a bit for the final rounds, b) encourage those who get knocked out to watch a bit of the last matches (but not have to sit around for a lot of holes), and c) finish before dark while giving as many as possible a chance to play a lot of holes.

If everyone was paying and playing for lots of money - I'd say 9 holes would be the minimum. I'm open to suggestion if people have a big problem with it, but my inclination is to leave the short matches. My plan is also to have short matches do a little bit of a safari course for that round and the finals and it sounds like it might be wise to make it as fair as possible.

Odd numbers unfortunately do not solve the tie problem as for example in a 3 hole match you can both win a hole and push (split) one hole which leaves the score tied at the end.
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I LIKE THIS FORMAT:

RD1 - 13 holes
            RD2 - 11 holes
            RD3 - 9 holes
            RD4 - 7 holes
            RD5 - 5 holes

BUT ILL PLAY EITHER WAY.........COUNT ME IN FOR SURE........EVEN THOUGH I HATE MT. LAKE TERROR. I MEAN TERRACE.......BAD MEMORIES.
            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
              I LIKE THIS FORMAT:

RD1 - 13 holes
              RD2 - 11 holes
              RD3 - 9 holes
              RD4 - 7 holes
              RD5 - 5 holes

BUT ILL PLAY EITHER WAY.........COUNT ME IN FOR SURE........EVEN THOUGH I HATE MT. LAKE TERROR. I MEAN TERRACE.......BAD MEMORIES.
              Sissy Boy!
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Odd numbers unfortunately do not solve the tie problem as for example in a 3 hole match you can both win a hole and push (split) one hole which leaves the score tied at the end.
                Yes, of course, you are correct. Missed that!

I still think that have a minimum of 5 holes would be a good idea though. It won't add too much time, and it will do a lot toward the fairness of the event. For example, I am left handed, and if I was doing well going into the final 3 holes, and happened to have to play those three holes on three dominant righty hyzer oriented holes, I would be a little irritated, considering the skill separation from throwing an excellent anhyzer to an excellent hyzer.

I have played in quite a few match play events, and I've never played with less than 7 holes, and even that was pushing it, giving me very little time to catch up after a couple of unfair holes.

Comment

I agree that a min of 5 holes would be fair. Eventhough at terrace most all holes are righty holes.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                    Not bad Adnrew, I think you're around %50 success rate in spelling names on the players' list.
                    I'd feel bad that you're cheating me out of one of my f's, but I think Sheila's missing an 'i', and not sure about Aaron's last name...
                    All jokes aside, I think you should do this at North Park!!
                    You would Toby! I hopefully can do it and if so I want you first Toby!!!!
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Sounds like there is some consensus out there, I'll switch it to 5 holes.
                      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Sounds like there is some consensus out there, I'll switch it to 5 holes.
                        Thank you for being pliable. I'll look at my schedule and see if I can make it up. I really enjoy match play and a one day $5 match play event sounds really fun.

Comment

Of course, I appreciate that people out there are willing to offer feedback - its how events get better! Hope you can make it
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Sign me up please. I'll see if I can get the other boys to join us as well.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck View Post
                              sissy boy!
                              ha.........thanks chuck.........ill be looking to battle you........lol.
                              WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Chris is RIGHT, Terrace is mostly righty holes(I know, I know, whaaaa)-- not the fairest of courses for those side-armers.... not to mention us left-handers with no side-arm drive. If you held it at Lakewood or Seatac it would be easier for the guys from the south to attend, and in my opinion these courses would be better suited for this type of event... just a thought.

Regardless of where it's held it sounds like alot of fun!

p.s. Drew, I thought perhaps Sheiila's last name was missing an eye(i).
                                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X