X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror Creek 666 Doubles 10/25/08

In the spirit of Halloween, I'll be holding a 666 doubles tourney at Terrace, I mean, Terror Creek Park, in Mountlake Terrace, WA, Saturday October 25th. Format will be 2 rounds, 1 of 666 format, one of best shot. What is 666 format you ask? 18 holes broken up into 3 formats: 6 holes alternate shot, 6 holes best disc, and 6 holes tough shot.

This will be a fundraising tournament, $10 from each team will go towards materials for an informational kiosk for the course (anybody whose been to Terrace knows it really needs one). 3 divisions: Pro ($40/team), Advanced ($30/team), and Intermediate ($30/team). Ace pot $5, if no ace is hit, it goes to the course fund.

There will also be custom stamped glow wizards for $15 for sale. For those that saw the Terrace Creek Open stamps, I have my same artist working on the stamps for these, so you know they're gonna be sick! All proceeds from disc sales will go towards fundraising.

This is an AADG event, and is something of a test run. If all things go well with this, I hope to hold more events at other courses--either up and coming ones, or existing ones that could use a little TLC--to help fund some enhancements.

The flyer for this event can be found here.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
    Last edited by Tim; September 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM. Reason: updated link
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Tim:

I am in Portland, so I probably will not make it to the event. HOWEVER, I would love to get one of the wizards. Is there a way I could get one shipped?

XOXOXOXO,

Erik
    Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Yup, not a problem. The Wizards aren't made yet, but when I get them, I'd be happy to ship them to people. I think $2 is about what it costs to ship a disc these days.

Comment

Bitchin'.

Comment

Good news:

It looks like I will be able to make it up there. Looking forward to the event, and will get registration in soon.

Comment

Righteous! Thanks for making the trip!

Comment

Just an update on this event, I'll be giving away prizes for best costumes. Costumes won't be mandatory, but for those that want to get in the spirit, there's a little incentive for ya.

Also, the stamp design is in its final stages and is looking SICK! Should have the discs ordered soon!

Comment

Team green light is in!!!
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I have the art finalized for the Glow Wizards, a mock up of how they should look (I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out!):

I'll be putting in the order today, and should hopefully have the discs in hand in not too long.

Also, I've had some questions regarding the ace pot fee. To clarify, the $5 ace pot is for the team, if somebody hits the ace, it's up to your team to decide how it gets split. A good old fashioned thumb wrestling duel is a good way to go if you're having troubles agreeing, in my opinion.

Comment

nice!
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Less than a week away until Terror Creek! I've gotten a few more official registrations since my last post, but there's still plenty of room to be had. As an extra incentive for those of you that might be on the fence, I'm making the ace pot from the weekly doubles available for Terror Creek as well. That's 550 smackaroos PLUS whatever the added ace pot money may be from the tournament. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it bumps up to over $600 the day of...that's a lot of money for you and your partner to fight over. :-D

Also, another bit of good news, Gateway has indeed shipped the discs and they should be arriving tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm not quite sure what will be in the order--anybody that's dealt with Gateway before probably knows what I'm talking about--but what I do know is these are freshly made Glows. According to Dave, these are are somewhere between S and SS in terms of firmness, which could be very sweet indeed.

So yeah, get your costumes on and your registrations in, this should be a fun one!

Comment

Discs are in! The Glows are different than I was expecting. Previously, all the Gateway glow stuff I've felt are close to medium firmness, if not outright rock solid. These on the other hand, are a lot more along the lines of SS, I personally wouldn't use one as a driving putter, but they feel GREAT as a putting putter. Anyone that's felt the recent Organic Wizards, these are similar in texture (think JK Aviarish, for those of you that have been scared to step out of Innovaland). And tacky? These things will put your grandmother's lawn ornaments to shame. Seriously, they feel like they're already stuck to the chains. These should be great for the winter months to come here in the NW, they feel like they should remain grippy in wet conditions, and pliable in the cold. And with our shortening daylight, you should be able to watch your disc sail all the way to the basket, even in the dark!

Also got a smattering of other non-glow Gateway discs in the batch, some Warlocks (normal S firmness), some Magics (S to SS), and some regular Wizards (SSish). Just lemme know if you want any, $15 for glows (they charge more for the glow material) and $13 for non-glow. Remember that all proceeds are going towards helping out the course!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X