1st Annual Lakewood Fall Fling to Fight MS, Saturday Oct 10th 2009 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Annual Lakewood Fall Fling to Fight MS, Saturday Oct 10th 2009

Intentions of the Event:

1.)To raise awareness of the prevalence and impact of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in the Pacific Northwest region.
    2.)To create an opportunity for local players and businesses to contribute to an expression of support and empowerment for the many people in our community who are living with MS.
    3.)To raise funds for the Washington Chapter of the National MS Society through tournament registration fees, raffles, private and corporate donations.

Logistics:
    Where: Lakewood Park Disc Golf Course, Seattle, Washington
    When: Saturday October 10th 2009 10 AM
    Registration: Slots are currently limited to 72 participants. Please pre-register at www.titledisc.com Registration Fees - $25 - includes custom hotstamp
    Currently one open recreational division, single round of play with optional 2nd round.
    Details: Burgers/Dogs, Chips, and Soda for $5 donation. Players package awards. Raffle. Acepot TBD. This is a fundraiser to benefit the Washington Chapter of the MS Society and is not a PDGA sanctioned event.

I personally invite you to participate in this event and reap the benefits of contibuting to your community. Thank you for being people and organizations committed to making a difference.

Cheers!

Kevin

Excellent! It's great to see something like this materialize.

The information you put on title disc clears up a couple of questions about format and schedule:
    - everyone will play in the Open division
    - Registrations will be taken until 9:15 Sat. mornng, with players' mtg @ 9:30
    - "payouts" for this event will consist of tourney-hotstamp discs for everyone, raffle prizes, and a possible acepot... plus of course the satisfaction of knowing that all remaining funds will be used to help a worthy cause.

please clarify if any of that is incorrect.

Also what layout (i.e. pin placements) will be in effect?
    anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

When does check-in open?
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Thanks for the support Killa!
        Looks like the details are getting across clearly on the titledisc site. This is my first tournament and Eric Edgarton has gernerously offered a lot of invaluable technical advice.
        I'm continuing to look for sponsorship in all forms right up until the event. The Latona Pub donated a $40 gift certificate last night! We will definitely have a payout acepot which we will just collect a buck or two for on the side the morning of...
        I have not been in communication with parks maintenance to see if I can control the pin placements for the event yet. There is a short mid long placement? or just short and long?

Pre-registration opened for the event yesterday Crusty and I could really use help getting the word out and inspiring players to participate. It seems like almost everyone that I talk to about the tourney has a friend or family member impacted by MS. The $$ and awareness raised will make a big difference and this type of event is really important for the public's perception of the disc golf community.

Cheers!

Kevin

Comment

I'd really like to attend this, but I think I'm expected to be at the Port Angeles Huck Off. Props to stepping up and running your first event though! It makes me happy to see new TDs coming out.

FYI, some of the holes have 1 position, some 2, and some 3. Both Edge and Cold Steel have keys to the locks (some work better than others) and should be able to help you out. I'd say the placements are all up to you, but I can safely say that people would be stoked if you could get #10 in the long position (shooting over the baseball field).
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Thanks Tim.
            Anyone know how to get the event posted on the Treelove calendar here?

Comment

Originally posted by hoodkevin View Post
              Thanks Tim.
              Anyone know how to get the event posted on the Treelove calendar here?
              At the bottom of the calendar there is a link titled Submit Event: Contact Webmaster. Click on that link to send an e-mail to Treelove.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                I'd really like to attend this, but I think I'm expected to be at the Port Angeles Huck Off. Props to stepping up and running your first event though! It makes me happy to see new TDs coming out.

FYI, some of the holes have 1 position, some 2, and some 3. Both Edge and Cold Steel have keys to the locks (some work better than others) and should be able to help you out. I'd say the placements are all up to you, but I can safely say that people would be stoked if you could get #10 in the long position (shooting over the baseball field).
                Yeah, just let us know where you want them and they'll be there. Holes 10 and 16 have some restrictions, but if we can move them we will.
                Have you reserved the park? It would help if you did, so no one is suprised when the place is all filled up.
                Other than that let me know if you need help with anything else.

Comment

Just signed up myself and 2 other local guys I play with, This will be the 1st time Mason county disc Golf club players will be attending an event there so we are stoked. Thx for the info on pre reg.

Comment

Stoke T-Rex! Thanks for coming out for a good cause! The Lakewood Acepot this morning was $$. Even if my short game chose to take the day off. Thanks for organizing Brian!
                    ChainBangers Disc Golf in Burien has offered a CTP prize and hole sponsorships so big shout to Adam and Keith! They have a sick selection of discs too so check em out! We'll have cheeseburgers or a dog with chips and a pop for $5 so no one will go hungry. I am working hard to get prizes and raffle items so my request to the community is to get the word out and register a foursome to play with. We will add extra holes if we need to.

Thanks to everyone for their support and tips...basket placement will be chosen the week prior.

Cheers!

Comment

Dave at Play it Again Sports in Seattle has just generously offered a prize package also!
                      Woot!

Comment

Sweet, Just signed up another local guy I play with.... Looks like we will have a truck load of peoples coming =]

Comment

Great man! It's awesome that you guys are coming all the way up to participate. I'd love to see some more pre-registration from Seattle players. We are also working out a putting contest!

Comment

Big thanks to Bro Berg for donating a beautiful custom Champion Destroyer "Lady Luck" from the Washington State Championships last year! Also to Andrew Rivers and Shelia for offering to donate some selections out of their stash! Prize packages and raffle prizes are filling out nicely, so come out and play for a great cause.
                            If you'll be out of town the day of the event and have extra plastic laying around, donating it is a great way to support the cause and the players. We've added a 50/50 cash raffle and a putting contest for down time and more chances to win cash and swag.
                            Pre-register online at www.titledisc.com!

Comment

We have worked out a kids center for the tournament. My mother (former kindergarten teacher) and girlfriend (elementary school teacher) are going to run it. There will be face painting, cupcake decorating, and learning stations for the kids, in addition to the Lakewood Park playground. So come out, play a round, support a great cause, win some cash and prizes, and take the day off of the kids!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X