Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Disc Golf Club Championships - Sunday, October 4th

From Lowell:

The club championship is Oct. 4, next month. Membership is included for this once a year chance to pay less for club dues. If you are a past member or wish to join please send $10 to me, call for the address if you don't have it. We hope to revive meetings and projects for the new year. 10AM for the start and 9:00AM for the sign ups in OCTOBER.

Just a note, I have black 20th anniversay star rocs for $16, the last they had at the factory. We also have left over state championship stamps for $16 and $20 for glow in the best innova drivers. These will be money for the club champs and next years states. Please get some before they are gone.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Where?
    How much is the tourney or is it just membership fees to play?
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

In the morning at North Park for one round and then headed over to Terrace Creek for one round.

I'll have to check on how much and what % is for membership - I wasn't able to play in it last year.
      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Andrew next time we play I'll give you some money, nice ace yesterday!
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Lowell is running the tournament so give him the entry or membership fee, I'm only playing in it!
          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

$25 for pro, $20 for advanced, $15 for intermediate

It sounds like only a dollar or two from each entry goes back towards the club and the rest goes to payout.
            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Event two of the Super Secret Lowell Series

I am curious is there anyone out there who can give more then 2 weeks notice of a lowell event? Does lowell even know?

And these venues are the best Seattle has to offer. lol North Pole city is in the city limits but Terrace is clearly not (but it is less then 3 miles from lowell's house).
              I would like to propose another title for this and other secret events Lets pay Lowell's mortgage

This is another example of poorly organized and promoted events that lowell and SDGPA is infamous for. No wonder the club stinks. Why join or support a club that is this poorly run.
              rewindb.com

Comment

Usually I try to stay out of these types of threads but I feel like some response is needed in this case. I do share some of the frustration about the late notice - I'm new to the area and so don't know about these as early as some but I always post here when I do know.

You may or may not be aware but several people are currently working with Seattle Disc Golf Club to try and increase the level of organization etc. but this is still in the very very very early stages (i.e. like less than a month old) so we're hoping to ramp things up for next year. Lowell can't do it all on his own and until now, it looks like he pretty much has had to. The website I just created hopefully will help to keep people better informed about club and other Seattle area events but its less than a few weeks old and so likely doesn't have everything on it yet (please let me know if there is anything missing - I need the help of all TD's and players to keep the info up to date )

I'm hoping that you will reconsider the more personal comments about Lowell. In case you have not noticed, North Park is continually in great condition (new woodchips, repainted pins and basket numbers) and Terrace has all concrete tee pads due to some of this $$$ with plenty in reserve for new projects and to cover insurance for any disc golf related mishap. Sorry to get a little hot in this reply but I think it is ridiculous to criticize someone who has volunteered so much time to our sport over the years. Constructive ideas and criticism is definitely cool, but this type of baseless bashing isn't.

IMO - North Park and Terrace are the perfect courses for this year as neither of them have a PDGA event due to the Terrace redesign and North Park just being too small for a true PDGA event. Perhaps in the future, new ideas will develop.

Hopefully this can be the start of new development and improvement for the club and I do hope it is; but it definitely will require us all working together on it and not all the fragmentation and ish that currently in my limited perception seems to be out there.

Positive thoughts for a more united Seattle

Andrew Rivers
                'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Andrew I couldn't agree with you more on everything you just said. Hey Jub maybe instead of bitching about the problem how about try doing something about it! Lowell has done so much for the entire state, if it weren't for Lowell I wouldn't be playing this sport and many of you wouldn't be either so pay a little respect to the man. The people I have talked to about working together and improving Seattle disc golf have been very smart individuals, and I feel that the club will improve greatly. I have talked with Andrew about all of this and he is a very smart and self driven person and I feel very good about any ideas he has. We have the power to make it better, we can all do a little something, I at this point have locked myself into running Terrace doubles and anything that needs to be done with the club or the course I am willing to do. So what are you doing?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I would like to help promote the club. In my opinion, recruiting a significant number of club 'members' will be key in building a strong association. Once the club becomes more established, it'd be nice to have a logo designed (I vote for the Space-Needle to be included) and t-shirts or patches made-- annual membership dues could be collected when these are distributed.
                    In most cases, I think that it'd make sense to copy some of the steps that other clubs have taken.
                    I would like to help get the ball rolling in any way possible...

Toby
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                      I would like to help promote the club. In my opinion, recruiting a significant number of club 'members' will be key in building a strong association. Once the club becomes more established, it'd be nice to have a logo designed (I vote for the Space-Needle to be included) and t-shirts or patches made-- annual membership dues could be collected when these are distributed.
                      In most cases, I think that it'd make sense to copy some of the steps that other clubs have taken.
                      I would like to help get the ball rolling in any way possible...

Toby
                      West Sound Disc Golf Association has a good set of by-laws to go off of. In Oly, we have adopted them. Mason County has also adopted them. I think its a good idea to have all of the clubs using the same laws. This way, if there is ever a Washington "Mother" club, everybody will all ready be on the same page.
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Silly I spend a lot of my time cleaning up after Lowell.

NP I along with Guy and Lowell participated in the NP revival. I donated 150 hrs for three consectuvie years there.

Terrace I helped move hole 10 , paid/poured the remaining first run tee pads. #5,6,7,10,17,18, old 9, 11,12,13,14,15. Co TD Terrace Creek Open 2001-2003, Jub Open fundraiser for said tee pads

SeaTac 200 + hrs volunteered St Pats, CSI, Jet Wash

Arlington, Work in progress.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Yes I understand all of that Jub, I get tired of the all of the Lowell bashing that I have heard lately. It's like when Tim wanted to take a break from doubles and no one stepped up to do it, everyone still wanted to play but no one wanted to do the work and I stepped in to do it and I didn't even play doubles at Terrace, it's the same here, a lot of people are bitching about the scene and the only people so far to step up and help Lowell out and make the area disc golf scene better would be Andrew Rivers and Tim Coye. I know others have done plenty it just seems like a lot of talk and no action. I am in no way diminishing what you have done, for sure I am grateful for the work you have done.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Like dude, your avatar is cooking my buzz Beavis!! Seriously, reading your posts is tough at times because of it-- could you PLEASE change it sometime in the near future-- but first, you should stop and pat yourself on the back for running doubles--

I share the same sentiment and agree with the idea of 'less thunder in the mouth, more lightning in the hand', but the number of people that have donated a great deal of time and resources to the local disc golf community is much greater than you must realize... what has been lacking is any sort of organization.

Tim and Andrew are both great guys that are eager to help the sport progress in this area. I am confident that they are each going to do a fine job spearheading the efforts strengthen the 'club'. I am excited to see things progress!!
                            Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; September 16th, 2009, 03:20 AM. Reason: what time is it?
                            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I too would love to help get this club on its feet. Lowell HAS done a lot for our community as well as several others out there. I think though at this point our Seattle disc golf club in in need of a serious makeover and Tim and Andrew seem like two perfect candidates for the job. I too however know that besides supporting tournaments by playing need to put more effort into helping solve the problem. Now that I am done with my schooling I find myself having a little more time where I can start helping to lend a hand.

I also look forward to the day when our membership dues go towards shirts, discs, patches, etc. like stumptown where we can wear and show our club proudly. Thanks again to all for you work thus far and I look forward to lending a hand so I can be part of the solution not the problem!!!
                              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X