Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like playing at a Country Club in the morning and then the Executive Muni across the street in the afternoon. Lets face it the majority of players want to fatten their cards and their ego's and playing Lakewood does just that.
    rewindb.com

Comment

• I don't understand what you mean by fattening their score. Isn't the idea to shoot better than the people in your division? Comparing your score to others is the only way to fatten your ego and if everybody plays the same courses what are you talking about? Everytime I make the trip up I try to play sea tac and lakewood. If I shoot an even at sea tac and a -6 at lakewood I usually feel better about the even at sea tac. I like seatac more than lakewood but I like the two course idea whenever possible.
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• Are you more satisfied by two evens at the Tac or the -6 for the day? I find Lakewood boring. There is not much to really any of the holes. If you ask me the Spokane swing 7-10 is the best section of the course. Geezer is just a 3.5-6 score hole. 14-15 are fine.
        rewindb.com

Comment

• Anybody that knows the courses knows that two evens at seatac is much more impressive than a -6 at lakewood. Scores are relative to the course and the other players. I would take the even. I like lakewood but I don't play it all the time either. I don't think it is boring, if I could shoot -18 consistant then maybe it would be boring. There is a good mix of holes out there I don't understand how it could be boring? Golf is fun. Anybody else think lakewood is boring?
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• Huh,

I love Lakewood but sure a good round at Sea Tac is way more satisfying. Boring? I can't see that, It's one of my favorites because of the "golf" feel to the course. If anything Sea Tac is more drab because it's the same everytime you play. Lakewood has multiple pin placements and it seems they get used alot because the course is rarely the same from week to week.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
              I don't understand what you mean by fattening their score. Isn't the idea to shoot better than the people in your division? Comparing your score to others is the only way to fatten your ego and if everybody plays the same courses what are you talking about?
              You took the words right out of my mouth, Chris.

These last few posts read almost like a conversation between Brett Favre and Donald Trump. One guy understands the intricacies of the differences between these two courses, and his love of the sport oozes out of every sentence; the other guy seems to hold very strong opinions without giving any substantial reasons, and makes a lot of people shake their heads disapprovingly.

Jub, can you please elaborate more than "Wouldn't be prudent," and "I find Lakewood boring," so that we can try to make this a more constructive conversation?

So no, Chris, I don't think Lakewood is boring, and I definitely think a SeaTac/Lakewood tourney should be added to the Series. IMO, Lilac City Open is the best tourney running in the state right now, at least partly due to the course variety, larger divisions, etc.
              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                It's like playing at a Country Club in the morning and then the Executive Muni across the street in the afternoon. Lets face it the majority of players want to fatten their cards and their ego's and playing Lakewood does just that.
                Just like YOU say Jub..... A majority of of players want to play Lakewood!

Couldn't have said it better myself. So now Jub, good to finally have you on board!
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

• Lakewood is not boring and would compliment Seatac very well in my opinion...

I'm pushing for a North Park/Jewel/Fennwick three day A tier tourney!!
                  Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• And even if the series event used the two courses we would still have CSI to get the full seatac experience.

Three course A tier! I'm in! Fenwick now has 76 holes and you only have to loop around 9 times!
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X