Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i totally agree with Olydiscgolf, Calling lakewood a joke is like calling yauger park world class. neither statement is remotely close to the truth. lakewood is one of the better courses around, it is a way more fun course to play than Seatac. if seatac got the attention that lakewood does then it might be a different story.

those two courses are perfect for each other for a two course tournament. and on a plus note they are only 10-15 minutes apart!

on a side note, i dont think the ms-13 gang accepts people with tie dye socks, with sandals over them!!
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      I fail to see what the logistical nightmare is. In fact, it seems more ideal than most multi-course situations. You pimp the LCO all the time...that's 3 courses, all of them farther apart than LW/Tac. It works out just fine there, why wouldn't it here?
      Just because people think an idea is good doesn't mean it should be tried. What this really comes down to is this multi venues idea seems forced. Why would anyone want to run a multi venue event when there are 4 high quality venues already to play. Why not support these venues and clubs?

And stick in the mud you know Lowell? Right?

A few things about LCO

First SDGA has 60+ member ACTIVE ORGANIZED club

Second Out of those members it takes 20+ people to put on LCO.

Third. I have helped with all the LCO's (multi venue) and a bunch of City Cups (single venue) so I have a little knowlege of how both types of events work and the problems that can and do occur.

And the biggest headache is always keeping control of the scorecards when they are not in the players hands. Want to see a ruckus lose someones card.

If you like multi's then the ORE series has plenty of offers for you to travel too.
      rewindb.com

Comment

I think the majority of people would love to see a Seatac/Lakewood event however it got worked out. However, it might not be a good fit as a series event because I think Seatac and Lakewood both deserve their own event for the series and that we should work in all the rest of the best tournament courses in the state and try to balance all the regions
        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          lakewood is one of the better courses around, it is a way more fun course to play than Seatac.
          Better meaning easier I agree. Easier More fun I disagree. I see lakewood as a training place for newer less experienced players. I see The Tac as the hardest World Class course around. There is a reason why you see Dave and/or Avery come up for it. I believe each ahs played LO only once

Lets try this another way
          If you had to pay to play, which would you choose? I know which I would chose.

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          if seatac got the attention that lakewood does then it might be a different story.
          Actually the Tac is getting the attention of the players and the unauthorized actions that accompany that exposure. I sight the recent tree butchering as an example. The pine tree cut on hole 8 was the one tree that had been decided to kept. In 5 years time the other three would have grown into other more established trees and would have needed to be addressed. Now some yahoo has made the decision (to the detriment of the course) for all of us to live with.
          rewindb.com

Comment

What seems "forced" about an "IDEA"? Its an "idea", and like most, if its going to happen it takes planning and SUPPORT! I also don't think that Seatac and Lakewood should be combined for the series, but I would fully support a two day event combining both courses!
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Lets try this another way
              If you had to pay to play, which would you choose? I know which I would chose.

We'll Jub, I've only played the JWO twice, I've played Lakewood 4 years in a row!

Comment

From a playing perspective multi course tournaments are the most fun I have played. But I could see how they would be a headache for the people running the show. If someone were running one around here though I would definitely be available to help
                Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  Just because people think an idea is good doesn't mean it should be tried.
                  Give the people what they want? Hell no!

Comment

as they both stand right now, if i had to pay to play i would pick Lakewood hands down!

If seatac had the manicured fairways and roughs like lakewood then i might pick it, but its pretty gnarly. and that is even after all the hard work that people put into it for the Jet wash open.

Lakewood is an easier course, but that is not what makes it a great course. the holes at lakewood are just really good golfing holes! whoever laid out that course did a very good job and the course design is one that could stand as it is for years upon years without change, because it will always provide a challenging round. it is all about risk vs reward. right now Seatac is way more risk with hardly any reward. lakewood is more evened out so that if you take that difficult shot then you have at least some chances at making it.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

"Better meaning easier I agree. Easier More fun I disagree. I see lakewood as a training place for newer less experienced players. I see The Tac as the hardest World Class course around. There is a reason why you see Dave and/or Avery come up for it. I believe each ahs played LO only once"

So your logic says that because TWO of the TOP GOLFERS in the WORLD didn't show up for a tourney, the course is " A JOKE"! Funny Jub, I didn't see either of those guys at JWO this year either!

Your killing me Jub!

Comment

I apologize in advance for the Sam-style breakdown.
                        Originally posted by LJ Jubner
                        Just because people think an idea is good doesn't mean it should be tried.

What this really comes down to is this multi venues idea seems forced.
                        I disagree...I think it's called for. With events filling up left and right, it seems logical to me to offer larger, more inclusive events. The options for doing this are larger fields (already done that), tee times (less than ideal), or multiple courses (not perfect, I'll grant you, but the best option, IMO).
                        Why would anyone want to run a multi venue event when there are 4 high quality venues already to play. Why not support these venues and clubs?
                        I'm not totally following you here--you talking about other venues in the state or Seattle area?
                        A few things about LCO

First SDGA has 60+ member ACTIVE ORGANIZED club

Second Out of those members it takes 20+ people to put on LCO.
                        Well, there are some people that are trying to get things a little more active and organized around here too, ya know. Hosting such an event would definitely be more than a one man job, for sure. After seeing the bang up job that Flash and Mittl, and Stumptown did with BSF, I don't see the impossibility of Seattle holding a solid B-tier.
                        Third. I have helped with all the LCO's (multi venue) and a bunch of City Cups (single venue) so I have a little knowlege of how both types of events work and the problems that can and do occur.

And the biggest headache is always keeping control of the scorecards when they are not in the players hands. Want to see a ruckus lose someones card.
                        That's awesome, I'm sure your experience would be welcomed here as well.
                        If you like multi's then the ORE series has plenty of offers for you to travel too.
                        Being that OR seems to be a couple steps ahead of WA disc golf in every aspect, perhaps we should take a cue and try to do something to progress it around here.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          That's not a bad format, but the other negative that arises is for anybody that has to travel a long distance to get to the event. Doing a two rounds on Sunday and having a 3+ hour drive can make for a rough Monday morning. That's one of the reasons that many east-siders don't make the trip over for the WA state championships.

In the case of LW/Tac, a format that I envisioned that I think would be cool is for the Pro/Adv fields to play Tac/LW on saturday, then Tac Sunday morning, and then have the final 9 at LW, but on a safari layout. Incorporating the honorary Cool Shoez peninsula shot, of course.
                          Tacoma would not need a co-course option because it already has a 2 independant premier course setup. That is the Northwest and Southeast. Just Sayin....

Comment

"Tacoma would not need a co-course option because it already has a 2 independant premier course setup. That is the Northwest and Southeast. Just Sayin...."

Hey Rob, have you ever seen the Big Lebowski? There is a quote in there that goes something like this " your like a child walking into the middle of a movie"

The Tac reference you speak of is the SEA varriety! Read the whole thread before jumping in! Just Sayin....

Oh and while I have you, great job stepping up with the club to make sure Autumn Classic happens!

Comment

Ok I just read the whole thread here for the first time and I will recap for those that have been involved the whole discussion.

An idea is brought up.
                              Jub finds some reason to hold the idea back by bringing up a "complication".
                              The "complication" is discussed and another idea is brought up.
                              Jub decides that this has a flaw as well and must bring up a "complication".
                              Again the people that are trying to come up with ideas are forced to chase their tail.

Jub could you please stop finding a way to hold up the process? Nothing is perfect especially in the planning stages. Find a way to help not to hinder. Suggest a solution instead of creating a problem. I know you think you are trying to help by creating discussion but if all you are doing is taking the other side you are actually argueing not discussing.

Alright,now that I have fuelled jubs tank for his next big post filled with arguments and excuses I will move on to what should be the important part.

In a perfect state of golf...
                              The washington state series should be run by a state governing body that unites the clubs as one. There should be representatives from each club or area that are voted in by the players of washington. If you are a current PDGA member registered in the state of Washington, you get a vote. The series organizers should have no say in club matters but will keep clubs and TDs in check with a consistent format for the series events that are run at each course. Clubs will submit for a place in the series and prove they have the support needed to run a top notch event. The Washington disc golf club should accept club members through a fee. This fee would get you access to series points and qualification in the series. No matter how many events you play if you are a member you are in the series. There should be a max amout of events that count toward final points but no minimum. The course clubs will run the events, the state club will runthe series as well as reward the state doubles and singles championships to the most deserving clubs that year. All state events would fall under the guidelines set up by the state club. Entry fee, payout min, club fees, TD compensation (yes TD compensation), min amout of holes played, etc. These guidelines would be available to all players to review and discuss. Bring the state together!

The bigger the better!
                              Multi course events would be awesome and could be accomplished with the right attitude and support. Iwould love to see this happen at all tourneys that it is possible. There are so many good things to come from from this and maybe a couple of possible negatives thatcould be avoided with the right planning. I also think it would be benefitial to the growth of the sport in washington to have pros and am play on different weekends. The ams could watch and maybe pick up a thing or two from the top players in the state as well as volunteer during events or even play in them. The pros could have clinics and volunteer at the am events as well. This would make for more help available and bigger fields. This would take a lot of people to accomplish but with the right state of mind and a willingness to grow we can achieve whatever we want. Bring on the future!
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

That is a well-written post, with good points and great ideas.
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X