2010 WA Series suggestions thread Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Another thing to add, Am tees wouldn't be needed on all the holes, many of them would be just fine as-is. Jub, you have the breakdown of the relative par for all the holes for all the divisions, I think this would be a perfect place to put that to use. Look at which holes are the most problematic for the lower divisions and adjust those accordingly.
    To be honest, I don't know if any of the holes at LW need to be adjusted for AMs. Look at the BSF: All pools play the pro pads.

    Comment


    • #17
      An easier way would be to change the "par" at Sea Tac for the ams. Make all the work clerical rather than labor intensive. The course wouldn't "seem" so tough if the am par was 90.
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Scott View Post
        To be honest, I don't know if any of the holes at LW need to be adjusted for AMs. Look at the BSF: All pools play the pro pads.
        Heh, yeah, just to clarify, I'm only talking about the Tac. LW is a great course for Ams.

        Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
        An easier way would be to change the "par" at Sea Tac for the ams. Make all the work clerical rather than labor intensive. The course wouldn't "seem" so tough if the am par was 90.
        Yeah, but Jub's main concern would be the timing of things. Ams are gonna move slower regardless of what the par is rated as.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Heh, yeah, just to clarify, I'm only talking about the Tac. LW is a great course for Ams.
          That makes a lot more sense. For some reason I thought you were talking about LW. Must be the whole "not reading the entire thread" thing biting me in the butt again.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            "Great now we are redesigning a course for one event"

            Wow Jub! Why SO angry?

            Alot of courses get modified to hold events.
            I/we are still trying to get a handle on the everyday course.

            Scott I kind of agree with you the State Series should be the best (not just biggest) events. If you ask me time on the course is critical. Now don't get me wrong, but slow play is why I never play Ball golf on the weekends. How does a 3hr 15 min 9 sound? I see DG headed in that direction. I realize that split weekends or Sat/ Sun one dayer's is a distinct possibility. But those choices are almost better than trying to coordinate 144+ players on two courses with the variance in speed of play, distance apart and Yes even traffic conditions.

            Here is a worst case. I have all the B pool cards and heading over, My car breaks down, I am in an accident, whatever, See the instant problem? (Sure Cellphone but still)

            Rose City has the farthest to go between venues; (Dexter to Oakview is my experience) How did that work?

            Were there many discrepancies between pools/speed of play and timing of finish/travel/start times? IE did one pool play faster then the other and by how long?
            rewindb.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Someone reshuffled these posts to include RM Posts. Not that I am upset it actually helps the thread. Thanks mod
              rewindb.com

              Comment


              • #22
                how about the Calapooia classic format. Two courses four total rounds two on sat and two on sun. There is no travel problem because you stay at the same course for both rounds each day. The pace of play can be handled by the pros playing at the same course as the low am divisions and the high am divisions all playing together at the other course. Everyone plays the same tees. The only negative to me with this format is no final nine. But seatac and lakewood with this format would be superfun
                Read this ^

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                  how about the Calapooia classic format. Two courses four total rounds two on sat and two on sun. There is no travel problem because you stay at the same course for both rounds each day. The pace of play can be handled by the pros playing at the same course as the low am divisions and the high am divisions all playing together at the other course. Everyone plays the same tees. The only negative to me with this format is no final nine. But seatac and lakewood with this format would be superfun

                  That would be a LOT of golf. And a LOT of fun. I'd have to find a way to get up there for that one.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                    how about the Calapooia classic format. Two courses four total rounds two on sat and two on sun. There is no travel problem because you stay at the same course for both rounds each day. The pace of play can be handled by the pros playing at the same course as the low am divisions and the high am divisions all playing together at the other course. Everyone plays the same tees. The only negative to me with this format is no final nine. But seatac and lakewood with this format would be superfun
                    That's not a bad format, but the other negative that arises is for anybody that has to travel a long distance to get to the event. Doing a two rounds on Sunday and having a 3+ hour drive can make for a rough Monday morning. That's one of the reasons that many east-siders don't make the trip over for the WA state championships.

                    In the case of LW/Tac, a format that I envisioned that I think would be cool is for the Pro/Adv fields to play Tac/LW on saturday, then Tac Sunday morning, and then have the final 9 at LW, but on a safari layout. Incorporating the honorary Cool Shoez peninsula shot, of course.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      That's not a bad format, but the other negative that arises is for anybody that has to travel a long distance to get to the event. Doing a two rounds on Sunday and having a 3+ hour drive can make for a rough Monday morning. That's one of the reasons that many east-side rs don't make the trip over for the WA state championships.
                      It's not just The Newland they don't travel for and even less westies travel east. (FYI LCO is the largest contributior to the 09 WA series). I am fortunate Allot of the Eastsiders even Montana have cabin fever so they are easy to convince to come over in April and I always travel east to support them.

                      Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      In the case of LW/Tac, a format that I envisioned that I think would be cool is for the Pro/Adv fields to play Tac/LW on Saturday, then Tac Sunday morning, and then have the final 9 at LW, but on a safari layout. Incorporating the honorary Cool Shoez peninsula shot, of course.
                      I don't like pools never have never will. I busted Eugene's chops about this for very issue for years. I am an age protected player, play in the Second or B pool. Most of the time Now don't get me wrong but the B pool is so much slower then the A pool and with a full field it really stinks. Personally I don't play Lakewood anymore. If I am going to drive the 45 min (one way) I am always going to play Seatac for tournament as well as casual rounds. Besides I think harder is a better confidence builder than some pitch and putt.

                      Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Incorporating the honorary Cool Shoez peninsula shot, of course.
                      Are you talking about old 13? If so try 12 tee to 13 basket

                      Dan Calipooia is old school format
                      Before there were 144+ fields we played 36 each day. No nIne

                      The best 1 course pool variation was the pros played butt early on Sun (the pros who made the nine stayed, the ones that did not could split). then the Ams played Then the nine started.

                      So,to cut to the chase There is a better chance of LW/Terrace then LW/Tac
                      Last edited by LJ Jubner; August 27th, 2009, 04:35 PM. Reason: added in bold
                      rewindb.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Jub, there is alot of people who would love a Seatac/Lakewood tourney! We should talk solutions! C'mon Jub are you half Full? or half Empty?
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                          Jub, there is alot of people who would love a Seatac/Lakewood tourney! We should talk solutions! C'mon Jub are you half Full? or half Empty?
                          Clearly less than half empty. There are alot of people who want non one dayers what about them?

                          Just because they are close does not make them comptable. Lakewood is a joke. just like Jewel is a joke Fenwick too, Want to run a B tier at Jewel? Why would anyone waste there time to run events at the easiest courses in the state. I don't hear any WR/Fenwick talk. What this really comes down to is players like to fatten their scores at Lakewood and then try not to bleed to death at The Tac. Remember this is not therapy.

                          Down with the logistical nighmare of two course tourneys that are not on the same property.
                          rewindb.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Don't make me do it, Jub! Don't make me call you a stick in the mud! I'll do it, man, I'm LOCO!

                            Sure LW is easier than Seatac, so what? It's not Juel, and you know it. LW is a great course, arguably the best in the area. It sounds like you have a thorn in your side from LW for some reason. Are you upset that the MS-13's didn't accept you into their ranks or something?

                            I fail to see what the logistical nightmare is. In fact, it seems more ideal than most multi-course situations. You pimp the LCO all the time...that's 3 courses, all of them farther apart than LW/Tac. It works out just fine there, why wouldn't it here?
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              Don't make me do it, Jub! Don't make me call you a stick in the mud! I'll do it, man, I'm LOCO!

                              Sure LW is easier than Seatac, so what? It's not Juel, and you know it. LW is a great course, arguably the best in the area. It sounds like you have a thorn in your side from LW for some reason. Are you upset that the MS-13's didn't accept you into their ranks or something?

                              I fail to see what the logistical nightmare is. In fact, it seems more ideal than most multi-course situations. You pimp the LCO all the time...that's 3 courses, all of them farther apart than LW/Tac. It works out just fine there, why wouldn't it here?
                              something they are running in the midwest is two c-tier events on the same weekend. Im not saying this would work but throwing it out for an idea. Its basically setup like the WA state and NW doubles. Two different events. One Sat at Lakewood. One Sunday at SeaTac.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Jub, you always seem to amaze me! Calling Lakewood a joke! In my opinion...Its the funnest course in WA! You can't compare the difficulty with Setac, they're not even in the same catagory. But together, they are the Ying and the Yang! C'mon Jub, whats really going on here?!?!
                                Last edited by olydiscgolf; August 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM. Reason: Jub ALWAYS seems to amaze me!
                                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X