The Return of Terror Creek 666: It Came from the Sticker Bushes! - October 31st Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of Terror Creek 666: It Came from the Sticker Bushes! - October 31st

I'll post more details later, but I just want everyone to mark their calendars for Oct. 31st this year. Terror Creek 666 Doubles will be back again to strike fear into the hearts of chunderous partners!

Like I say, more details to come, but what I can say for sure now is it'll be one day, Sat. 10/31. This year will be 2 rounds of 666 format, but they will be different. Also, I'll be adding a mixed doubles division for those that are interested. More to follow!

UPDATE: I've gotten most of the details worked out, see the attached flyer. I'll write more in detail later when I have a chance, but check it out and let me know if you have questions. Major change in addition to 2 rounds of 666--this year, costumes will not be optional. It's Halloween, and I want everyone to get into the spirit, not just a handful of teams. For those that still want to score well, make sure you wear something you can still throw in--I'd suggest dressing up as a famous person, though not one with a big fake beard and ram-horned hat.

Link to online registration: http://marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/pr...terrorcreek666
    Last edited by Tim; September 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    This year will be 2 rounds of 666 format,
    What is that?

Comment

here's the thread from last year's event for reference: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...t=terror+creek

Comment

Had fun at the event last year, great format. Is this year going to be focussed on fund raising as much as last year?
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          Had fun at the event last year, great format. Is this year going to be focussed on fund raising as much as last year?
          In a word, no. We actually still have a surplus from last year's event, due to the overwhelming amount of support that everyone showed, even after building the (mutha flippin') kiosk. I won't say that there won't be any fundraising involved, but it will not be as focused as last year. Or I guess to answer the question that's not being directly asked: yes, you can expect the payouts to be a little higher. I should also set out a disclaimer though, that even with more money coming back to the players, the emphasis on this event is fun, not necessarily a fat purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            the emphasis on this event is fun
            You mean fun, as in torture?

Chris, will team GreenLight be gracing the tournament with some incredible scores again?
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
              You mean fun, as in torture?

Chris, will team GreenLight be gracing the tournament with some incredible scores again?
              I would like to but I can't say yes or no at the moment. But I think that defending the title is great motivation to try and make it happen.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I had so much fun last year that I am going to make every effort to be there again this year.
                Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

It's to drool!!!! Wow... what an interesting way to celebrate Halloween.. also love the picture of the discs from last years' tournament!
                  Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                  DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                    I had so much fun last year that I am going to make every effort to be there again this year.
                    Awesome, we'd love to have you up here again, Erik.

Comment

Online registration is now available, I've added the link to the original post. Also, I noticed a couple typos in the original flyer...they've been fixed now.

I hope people get a chance to come out and play in this, I think everyone had a good time in it last year, and I'm expecting it to be even better this year. Just a note on the "new 666" of the second round, as it states in the flyer, all of the second round will be best shot doubles, but with tweaks to the game.

First of all, there's Putter Only, pretty straightforward. I know there's bound to be some wiseguy who says "But I putt with a Boss, that count's right?" No. Basically, if it's listed as a putter on a manufacturer's website, it's legit. The one exception I'll make is if someone wants to use a Super Class disc, I'll allow it (most current disc golfers can throw a putter farther than a Super Class anyway). If somebody tries to argue to let some other disc in, well, I'll make them play with a Whitler. Or Turbo Putt. Or 10 M Brick....

Then there's "Island Purgatory." Basically, I'll mark off greens as islands, but in most cases will have a safe zone you can lay up in. Play safe, or play aggressive, you make the choice--a much easier choice to make in doubles.

And then the "Tees of Evil." Basically, this will take us all back to our first days of disc golf, and finding our lies in places they shouldn't be at all. Yes, it'll be ugly, and you'll want to make sure you have all the shots in your arsenal ready to go. The plus side, unlike the early days, instead of the rest of your friends standing by their shots in the fairway, laughing at your misfortune, we'll all be suffering together. I would say that this will be like having to play from one of my lies, but I'll do my best not to make anyone have to tee off from a thicket of blackberries.

Oh, and one final note regarding costumes, I realize some people might not want to play for money when they're dressed up, so I added a cheap, non-competitive division for people who just want to enjoy the experience. I hope most people still want to compete, but most of all, I want everyone to have FUN.

Comment

One mixed team in!!! Don't miss out on this one - its a tradition in the making

Now to figure out costumes.
                        'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

One advanced!!!
                          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Tim this is so genious, I am still working it out whether I can go and who my partner would be and what costume to wear if I do get to go. Any other Intermediate players who want to go and need a partner, let me know.

p.s I don't have a huge arm but the basket looks huge to me at thirty feet, kinda like the huge basket that Papa has, hehe.
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Update: Andrew (cefire) has volunteered to run a side game after each round called "Throwbot doubles". I'll let him fill in the details, but this sounds like it's going to be ridiculously fun--heavy emphasis on ridiculous! I'll just say that it's lightheartedly sadistic and should provide plenty of entertainment for anybody involved OR spectating.

If you haven't signed up already, do so soon. You won't want to miss out on this!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X