The Return of Terror Creek 666: It Came from the Sticker Bushes! - October 31st Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just persuaded my sister and her boyfriend to play, they are signing up as I type this. Where's my commission Tim?
    Last edited by sillybizz; October 22nd, 2009, 06:09 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Halloween is just around the corner... better get those costumes picked out and get signed up for Terror Creek....

I need some help coming up with a name and costume idea for my doubles team-- what do you think?
      - Double Bogey Men?
      - Three Putted Monster?
      - Count Strokula's??? um.. no
      - OB one and Toby?
      - The Purple Cobras(dodge ball teammates)
      - The Devil made me Two it
      - Jackass and me
      - Caddie Shack 2
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
        Halloween is just around the corner... better get those costumes picked out and get signed up for Terror Creek....

I need some help coming up with a name and costume idea for my doubles team-- what do you think?
        - Double Bogey Men?
        - Three Putted Monster?
        - Count Strokula's??? um.. no
        - OB one and Toby?
        - The Purple Cobras(dodge ball teammates)
        - The Devil made me Two it
        - Jackass and me
        - Caddie Shack 2
        "Jackass and me" How does Stengele feel about that title?

"Double Bogey Men" That sounds more like my play during the Highway 9 tourney, in fact so does "Three Putted Monster"

"OB One and Toby" How about this instead: "OB One Can Bogey"

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
          "Jackass and me" How does Stengele feel about that title?

"Double Bogey Men" That sounds more like my play during the Highway 9 tourney, in fact so does "Three Putted Monster"

"OB One and Toby" How about this instead: "OB One Can Bogey"
          Seriously!!! I have feelings you know.

Why you gotta hate Toby?
          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

We went out and figured out the Tees of Evil yesterday. They should live up to their name pretty well, though, I suppose their full name should be "Tees of Evil That Actually Have a Soft Spot Deep Inside Their Blackened Little Hearts." That's just doesn't roll off the tongue as well. Point is, all the tees are difficult, but there ARE legitimate, fair lines that can land you a birdie, or possibly even an ace! Best of luck hitting them though!

Also, if you are planning on playing this weekend and haven't officially registered, PLEASE get in touch with me. I've gotten a number of legitimate registrations, but have had far more, "Oh yeah, I'll be there for sure! (....most likely)" type responses from people. There are a limited number of player packs, and a limited number of spots. I really don't want to have to turn people away, but in addition to limited resources, we're also running on very limited daylight. So if you want to make sure you get in, get in touch with me ASAP. Online registration is closed, but the important thing is to get your name on the list NOW.

Oh yeah, BTW, I forgot to mention it earlier, but the regular doubles ace pot will be up for grabs this weekend--it's at least at $300, and quite possibly higher, especially with the tourney.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Tim, I just sent a text to 21 Seattle dg'ers about Terror Creek, and offered to find partners/rides for people if needed. I will get back to you with any teams that commit to playing...
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Cool, thanks Toby. Last year, there were hardly any "official" pre-registrations and we almost filled the course. This year I've got probably twice as many, and I really hope to avoid playing the part of the asshole and having to turn people away.

Here is the list of entries I have confirmed so far, some have team names, some don't, some are subject to change (and of course, if a team doesn't come up with their own name, I get to name 'em):

Open:
                Ancient Chinese Secret: Gibson Holub and Erik Wilson
                Team Hawks: Peter Land and Bjorn Pinney
                ???: Aaron Holley and Mike Werth
                Honestly, whatever: Thor and Old Bones

Mixed:
                Turd Ferguson and Penis Mightier: Andrew Rivers and Sheila Teves
                Who Are Dey?: Nate Bell and Jessie Westphal
                ???: Mike and Jessica
                ???: Brett Vintertun and Chelsea

Advanced:
                Mukilteo Misfits: John Stengele and Toby Cheff
                Little Lebowski Under Achievers: Tim and Chuck
                Natorvision: Shane Ervin and Mark Halverston

Intermediate:
                Team Magnum: Thomas Little and Kelly Smith
                ???: Dan and Banger
                Beavis & Butthead: Robert and Robert's friend
                ???: Evan Troka and Curt Mott

Casual:
                Team Awesome: April Little and Clayton Pomeroy

If you think you had signed up with me, but don't see your name, get in touch and I'll get it straightened out.
                Last edited by Tim; October 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I am keeping an eye on you tim. Making sure these impossible tee's don't cater to you and your magical skills!!!! There will be no enchanting the tee's to bring forth the fury for you and your partner!
                  = )

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                    Tim, I just sent a text to 21 Seattle dg'ers about Terror Creek, and offered to find partners/rides for people if needed. I will get back to you with any teams that commit to playing...
                    What he didn't tell you tim is that they will be calling YOU for the ride.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I've updated the reg list and a couple of the team names. Chuck and I worked on a couple trophies last night, and they look sweet! Big thanks to Quientin Sutter (sk8architecture) and GRIPPT for hooking up some much needed materials, plus a big grip of additional prizes! More work to be done tonight and tomorrow, but by and large, things are on track. See you all out there soon!

Comment

Yeah, the big Q hooked it up right. The vinyl he uses was so foreign to me that I spent the evening stressing out about how the dyes would look, but all my worry was for nothing- they look awesome.

Thanks again, Quientin!
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

If anyone is available tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, we'll be laying down string for the island holes. I've got a few helpers on hand for this, but could always use some more and help things go that much more quickly. I should be out at the course around 4:30, and will be out on the back 9--or more accurately, the back 6. Either drop me a line, or just meet me there if you can pitch in. Thanks!

Comment

I'm waiting to here if I have to do something tomorrow otherwise I can help and possibly my dad too, most likely I'll be out there though Tim.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Oh yeah, throwbot trophies are almost ready. Get ready to get your hands on the soon to be most prestigious title in Washington.

(and yes, the throwbot trophy is set on the base of a trophy from the second most prestigious title in Washington, The Fred Astaire Dance Studio Dance Olympics)
                              'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I so have to win that!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X