The Return of Terror Creek 666: It Came from the Sticker Bushes! - October 31st Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Tis' true! If this event weren't already guarenteed gold, I'm adding a little Virgina-style with "ThrowBot" doubles side game.

    Invented by perhaps the most devious evil genius of disc golf, Tommy Donelson ThrowBot doubles is essentially played by an "operator" and a "robot". The "robot" is given a blindfold and directed to the first teepad, at the teepad they are spun around several times so they don't know where the hole is. The "operator" then directs them any way they want (talking, physically moving them) on how to throw the next shot AND guides them to safely get to the next lie!

    To keep this short and to try to fit in a bunch of teams, each player is going to get 1 hole where they play as the operator and one hole where they play as the robot (2 holes total). I'll be running this during the lunch break and directly after the end of the second round. I'll probably ask for $1 per team so I can put together a little trophy for the winning team.

    If you want a little sample, check out this youtube video starting at about 2:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OE-RyLrlmQ


    Claim the title of Robotic Disc Golf Masters!
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

    Comment


    • #17
      That looks like too much fun! Too bad I am a decent parent and will be taking my son trick or treating instead of playing.
      Click here

      Challenge disc golf

      Comment


      • #18
        that is what the wife/girl friends r for...lol

        Comment


        • #19
          Throwbot Dubs sounds like a blast. Does a team ever actually post a good score?
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

          Comment


          • #20
            Each time I've run or played in these, I've made a prediction about the score and each time I'm stunned by how much a team or two exceeds my expectations.

            The other curious thing is that each time an "underdog" team has won these things. It seems to be more about understanding what the hell your partner is trying to communicate to you than disc skill. Or perhaps the force is just strong with some
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

            Comment


            • #21
              Oh my goodness... sounds like crazy fun! why, why is it so far away?! Costumes required? I think costumes should always be required for golf... I play sooo much better in what other people call costumes...
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                Oh my goodness... sounds like crazy fun! why, why is it so far away?! Costumes required? I think costumes should always be required for golf... I play sooo much better in what other people call costumes...
                Can Toby and I pay you andrew the day of?
                "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**


                You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                -- Arthur Ashe

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by cefire View Post
                  Tis' true! If this event weren't already guarenteed gold, I'm adding a little Virgina-style with "ThrowBot" doubles side game.

                  Invented by perhaps the most devious evil genius of disc golf, Tommy Donelson ThrowBot doubles is essentially played by an "operator" and a "robot". The "robot" is given a blindfold and directed to the first teepad, at the teepad they are spun around several times so they don't know where the hole is. The "operator" then directs them any way they want (talking, physically moving them) on how to throw the next shot AND guides them to safely get to the next lie!

                  To keep this short and to try to fit in a bunch of teams, each player is going to get 1 hole where they play as the operator and one hole where they play as the robot (2 holes total). I'll be running this during the lunch break and directly after the end of the second round. I'll probably ask for $1 per team so I can put together a little trophy for the winning team.

                  If you want a little sample, check out this youtube video starting at about 2:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OE-RyLrlmQ


                  Claim the title of Robotic Disc Golf Masters!
                  What course was that?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Cold Steel View Post
                    What course was that?
                    Use your instinct young jedi...


                    The one and only Burke Lake
                    'Weekend 4 Women':
                    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yeah, no prereg for THROWBOT but please prereg Tim for the overall tournament. Prereg is the best way to show the TD you appreciate thier efforts!!!
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by cefire View Post
                        Use your instinct young jedi...


                        The one and only Burke Lake
                        I thought so, but it's been awhile- like since the last time I didn't have a pony tail.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by cefire View Post
                          Yeah, no prereg for THROWBOT but please prereg Tim for the overall tournament. Prereg is the best way to show the TD you appreciate thier efforts!!!
                          wORD!
                          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**


                          You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                          -- Arthur Ashe

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Just signed up, this is going to be so awesome!
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

                            ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Sweet! Keep the registrations comin'! This will be the last week that online registration is available, so don't lag if you want to do it quick n' easy with your credit card. I talked to the Custom Player Pack Company (CPPC) today, and all is on schedule. Make sure to get signed up to get one, supplies are limited.

                              Oh yeah, and Aaron and I got the first steps done in making some cool trophies last week, more to be done this week!
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Yeah Tim and with Marshall Street every purchase of $50 or more gets you a brand spanking new Gateway putter so I decided to add a couple of discs to my purchase!
                                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

                                ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X