Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fact or Fiction???

DISC LAIMER:
    The opinions stated here are mine and in no way reflect those of anyone in Spokane or the Spokane Disc Golf Association. (How's that Gordy?)

The rumor concerning the Spring Classic is an unfortunate thing to happen to a series.

Rumors are ugly things and they can ruin a great thing whether they are true or not.

It doesn't matter if the series fees were paid by the TD or not, the competitors entered the event believing that those fees would be paid. To not give them their points would be punishing them for something the TD did.

Those that know the truth should tell it on this thread and put the rumor to BED.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Read it and tried to understand it. Now time to offer an opinion.

If the TD made off with the funds, hold the TD responsible and let the players know.

Withholding the series points over this does nothing to the TD and - while maybe an effective way to get the players to put the pressure on the TD to pay up - would ultimately only punish the players and that doesn't really seem fair to me.

Count the points. Do not allow the TD to be a part of the series unless he pays his fees in time for the payouts to go to the players. If he misses this date, however, he should be blackballed from running any more series events.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Night school attorney finally pays off, eh bob

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Withholding the series points over this does nothing to the TD and - while maybe an effective way to get the players to put the pressure on the TD to pay up - would ultimately only punish the players and that doesn't really seem fair to me.
        I totally agree that the players will be treated unfairly no matter what happens. (I just figured it out what to call this "Bait and Switch".) Unfortunately with this amount of disarray in the WA series final payout there won't be much in the cupboard. Sorry Rahn

Count the points. Do not allow the TD to be a part of the series unless he pays his fees in time for the payouts to go to the players. If he misses this date, however, he should be blackballed from running any more series events.
        This looks like a two part answer to me
        1. Being policy of future series events, protocols and repercussions. I think as an additional response should be each series event will be co-sponsored by the Local club, Then if the TD flakes the club cleans up the mess.

2. Not that he (ray) will ever run another DG event but any/all of his events should be boycotted.
        rewindb.com

Comment

Has he withdrawn completely?

Sounds like a Steve Miller song:

Jubby-Jub is a detective in SeaTac...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Has he withdrawn completely?

Sounds like a Steve Miller song:

Jubby-Jub is a detective in SeaTac...
            Is "jubby-jub" copyrighted or public domain. Crap missed another boat.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Good discussions going on for the future of the series, I've moved the pertinent posts to the new thread here.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Good discussions going on for the future of the series, I've moved the pertinent posts to the new thread here.
                Thanks Tim. Freaked me out a little bit. I was just about to respond to a post and then all of the sudden it was gone.

Comment

Spokane

This year was our 9th straight year in the State Series. B-tier every time. Two-day every time. Bought the Jason and Ray Plastic every time. Paid our player fees EVERY time. The last three years we have contributed by far the most fees. Its like the eastside gets taxed to pay the westside bills. Big DeaL. So this year Ray craps out as Series Honcho. So what? Then Ray TDs the Stilly event and no fees get kicked down; Bad Bass. So Tacoma Club, just pretend for a moment that a basket was stolen. What would you do? Yep, you'd fix it pronto. That's what you need to do now, fix it. Get out the Club checkbook or whatever you have and pay Paul the Stilly fees now. Make the Series complete THIS year. Paul, get off your 2x butt and post the fees collected and whats outstanding. Post the points standings. Pick yourself up, man. If you don't, the best you'll achieve moving forward is these complicated propositions everyones making and that paying the fees is either negotiable or worse, optional. Ray had the big part right; Two-day, B-tier, eight stops is actually OK. Inland held ten. I don't hate me too but I do love you. Gordy . Go CITY CUP.

Comment

count the points

Don't penalize the players for the actions of the TD. I could feel a jubscam coming Moose, you just shifted focus away from yourself. Brilliant!
                    "1. Being policy of future series events, protocols and repercussions. I think as an additional response should be each series event will be co-sponsored by the Local club, Then if the TD flakes the club cleans up the mess. 2. Not that he (ray) will ever run another DG event but any/all of his events should be boycotted"

Is ever as long as never? Burnout happens, its a proven fact.
                    Make the WA series right and begin planning next years with some new perspective. The Inland NW series finals/Spokane city cup 8 will be the completion of our 5th year. Thank your tds and especially woobbly-er more than ever Bob, G & J Crafts , and all the clubs/ players who volunteer and particapated.
                    TW, NIRDGC

Comment

Gordy offered an inyerseting post about this on the Lakewood ace pot thread. Care to answer Edge?
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                        Gordy offered an inyerseting post about this on the Lakewood ace pot thread. Care to answer Edge?
                        I was just fishen where there seemed to be some pride and joy in broadcasting what's up. ( I thought this thread was dead.) G.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X