Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say BOO! Ray Antoon

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
    Um, I have all the series points scored to current. Let me work on a presentable version and I will post the results. (Including the Spring Classic).
    Thanks ChUck for all your math skills.

I don't think the SC results should be counted because of non payment of fee's. I also don't think santoon should walk with the dough either. The WA series has been a "cash cow" for nearly 8 years now for him.

But when it's all said and done they will both happen because
    A.the powers that be lack the stomach to confront king ray about the fee's he originally set up and then decided HE could keep. and
    B. don't want to penalize the players for the SC misappropriated series funds.

What about you other TD's?
    Are you mad you followed the rules, paid your agreed upon fee's and the Series Coord. did not?
    If you played the SC voice your opinion here and now.
    rewindb.com

Comment

If the fees were paid in response to an ad that explicitly stated that the event was part of the series, isn't it theft by swindle?

Maybe if the community can't bring about some equity, perhaps a visit from the boys in blue might?

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      B. don't want to penalize the players for the SC misappropriated series funds.

Comment

I want to see the points for SC count in the series. It was played as part of the series and some players would miss out on qualifying if its taken away.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          I want to see the points for SC count in the series. It was played as part of the series and some players would miss out on qualifying if its taken away.
          If the event is taken off then the required events to qualify should be reduced also.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I think its a total bummer that the fees for the SC weren't paid, but I don't see the reason for wanting to void the points. I think any diciplinary action should happen to the TD of that event, not the players! We already lost the money from the tourney why take our points also?
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I think its a total bummer that the fees for the SC weren't paid, but I don't see the reason for wanting to void the points. I think any disciplinary action should happen to the TD of that event, not the players!
              This is all well and good if the deadbeat TD ever plays or runs another event but if he does not then you are all stuck.

We already lost the money from the tourney why take our points also?
              Actually you have not lost the money yet. The phone number on the flyer works. Call it at all hours of the night and day and voice your opinion PERSONALLY about how f-up this is every time you call.Don't make em harassing just use things like

The series had run so well for so long, What changed?
              You have such a good legacy why ruin it over $400?
              The flyer said "event #3 of the 09 WA series". You took the money out for the series, why didn't you pay it out to the series?

Maybe peer pressure will work!
              rewindb.com

Comment

What's Paul's take on all this? I'm willing to go back and reconfigure the points stats to exclude the Spring Classic, but I'd rather not...
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                  What's Paul's take on all this? I'm willing to go back and reconfigure the points stats to exclude the Spring Classic, but I'd rather not...
                  Paul was involved in the discussion with Ray that took place at the Classic. The fees were never taken out of the tournament prize pool so no one pocketed $400 that was suppose to go to the series. Instead of Ray paying the money himself which we know isnt going to happen. I was trying to figure out a way to work things out with all the parties that cared enough to voice their opinions. The only 3 I saw involved were Ray, Paul, and Kaleb. Everyone else was too worried about going home, drinking beer, or getting on the road.

Ray had stated he no longer wanted to run the series. One of the biggest chores of the series is adding 300+ players to the series totals when maybe 30 of them are going to end up with enough events to qualify. Someone else said they were going to be doing the series points which nothing had been done as of the Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                    Paul was involved in the discussion with Ray that took place at the Classic. The fees were never taken out of the tournament prize pool so no one pocketed $400 that was suppose to go to the series. Instead of Ray paying the money himself which we know isn't going to happen. I was trying to figure out a way to work things out with all the parties that cared enough to voice their opinions. .
                    OK so supposedly Ray did not take out the fee's Eric you need to see the pDGA tournament report to find out if he did indeed not take the series fee's out or if he did.

Ray had stated he no longer wanted to run the series. One of the biggest chores of the series is adding 300+ players to the series totals when maybe 30 of them are going to end up with enough events to qualify. .
                    This is a good one
                    1st Why did there need to be 8-10 series events and you need to 5-6 qualify. Seems to me the series has a flaw then.
                    2nd King Ray wanted to be THE MAN and for 8 seasons to boot
                    3rd He was more then adequately compensated for his efforts no matter how much he whines about it

Someone else said they were going to be doing the series points which nothing had been done as of the Classic.
                    How many of the players who attended SC used "Stop #3 WA Series" as a criteria for your participation?

How many of you would the results being "dropped" affects your series standings; either positively (poor finish) or negatively (in the money)?

I still say Why should non payed results be allowed in series totals. If for no other reason then to reward the TD's who did what they agreed too.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

OK so supposedly Ray did not take out the fee's Eric you need to see the pDGA tournament report to find out if he did indeed not take the series fee's out or if he did.

This is a good one
                      1st Why did there need to be 8-10 series events and you need to 5-6 qualify. Seems to me the series has a flaw then.
                      2nd King Ray wanted to be THE MAN and for 8 seasons to boot
                      3rd He was more then adequately compensated for his efforts no matter how much he whines about it

How many of the players who attended SC used "Stop #3 WA Series" as a criteria for your participation?

How many of you would the results being "dropped" affects your series standings; either positively (poor finish) or negatively (in the money)?

I still say Why should non payed results be allowed in series totals. If for no other reason then to reward the TD's who did what they agreed too.
                      Whether money was collected for the series from this event or not, don't you think removing these results from the totals will only serve to punish the players. Really, its not the fault of the payers that these details were not sufficiently ironed out.
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                        Whether money was collected for the series from this event or not, don't you think removing these results from the totals will only serve to punish the players. Really, its not the fault of the payers that these details were not sufficiently ironed out.
                        You would think this might have come up in the past 8 years. At least as a discussion point amongst series TD's.

That's been my point the whole time. The players are not getting what they Believed they signed up for. The event was falsely advertised as a series event and it's my contention that ray benefited from the resulting inflated attendance. Not to mention hanging the finals out to dry weeks before they were even played.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

You would think this might have come up in the past 8 years. At least as a discussion point amongst series TD's.

That's been my point the whole time. The players are not getting what they Believed they signed up for. The event was falsely advertised as a series event and it's my contention that ray benefited from the resulting inflated attendance. Not to mention hanging the finals out to dry weeks before they were even played.
                          Two wrongs dont make a right.

What really needs to happen is a conference of the TD's at the beginning of the season next year prior to any of the series events. How many of us see this happening?

The problem with disc golf and where we all want it to go is money. Until someone comes up with a multi-million dollar sponsorship deal I highly doubt anyone will be making much of anything running events besides the PDGA.

For me going to a tournament and taking 2nd or 3rd in Open Pro doesn't pay for my weekends trip. 62$ entry, 40$ gas, 50$ food, 21$ in ciggerettes, 30$ in alcohol. This adds up to about 200$ for me to travel and play in a tournament. Lets say I take 3rd and get 150$. This means I only lost 50$ on my weekend and lets be honest here, I can throw another 100$ on top of that for miscellaneous supplies used on the weekend. After all of this I still travel and play tournaments and love it!!! I'm sure there's not many people that play to make money and even less that actually do.

Comment

Dont jump ship yet!

While the TDGPA is aware of the ongoing issues with the WSS, we are working diligently to fulfill our obligations as final stop for the WSS. We are currently seeking solutions to the TD issue. I have read all the threads concerning these issues and would like to address some of the stuff you guys are posting.

It should be noted that our club is open to all dialogue concerning the Autumn Classic at Ft Steilacoom. All board members can be contacted via our website. I havent been contacted by anyone about the Autmn classic or the status thereof. I do see people using this forum to call other people names and also I must take my hat off to "King Jub" for being quite the pot stirrer. If this forum were not here Jub, who would you have to whine and complain to. Why dont you go out in the backyard and take a few putts or something.

Is it really necessary to post a thread telling everybody call or send e-mails to Ray. I especially like the part where you say that its not harrassing if you say things like.....

Ime just saying.. If you all put as much effort into promoting this great sport we call disc golf as you do typing in these forum we could all just sit back and smell some flowers or something for a while.

Cheer up everybody! Look forward to the positive changes that will take place as a result of all this. Let the players keep their points. They earned them.

While I am not participating in the series I am a supporter of disc golf. If you need information from the TDGPA just ask. I always like to talk to my fellow golfers. Most of you know how to get a hold of me.

Comment

Originally posted by DMAILMAN View Post
                              While the TDGPA is aware of the ongoing issues with the WSS, we are working diligently to fulfill our obligations as final stop for the WSS. We are currently seeking solutions to the TD issue. I have read all the threads concerning these issues and would like to address some of the stuff you guys are posting. It should be noted that our club is open to all dialogue concerning the Autumn Classic at Ft Steilacoom. All board members can be contacted via our website. I haven't been contacted by anyone about the Autumn classic or the status thereof.
                              I applaud yours and the TDGPA 's diligence to follow through with a commitment that another decided not too.

Originally posted by DMAILMAN View Post
                              Is it really necessary to post a thread telling everybody call or send e-mails to Ray. I especially like the part where you say that its not harassing if you say things like.....
                              Well Gee Rob, how else are players supposed to contact him. His email and phone worked fine before the event so why not after? I find it interesting that If he ( Ray ) knew at ASC in April he was not going to offer SC as series qualifier why did his flyer still pimp his supposed participation. This could have all been avoided if Ray had just paid better attention to his flyer and the commitment it makes.
                              rewindb.com

Comment

What really needs to happen is a conference of the TD's at the beginning of the season next year prior to any of the series events. How many of us see this happening?
                                Actually Ed this is a great idea but it needs to be more like Thanksgiving maybe skype?
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X