Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id like to have an idea about the WDDGA schedule for Sat also. Its nice to play the West Side Circuit when I make it up there!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

WDDGA will be playing at NAD from 8 to 1ish on Saturday & Sunday mornings then we'll be playing at the Fairground from 2 to ? on Saturday evening. We plan to host our "awards" on Sunday afternoon at NAD after playing the 3rd round in the morning. I hope that clears up any confussion.. What I was trying to tell the other person is that I believe that NAD is always open to everyone, just that we're having our Fall Classic tournament on Saturday and Sunday. I was trying to explain that we'll be at NAD in the morning and over at the Fairground in the afternoon.
      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Good info as I was planning on playing the fairgrounds around 2pm..... hmmm. I guess I'll have to do something else now.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Nah.. come join us! (You know I would love to have another "joker" around us!) Perhaps you can learn or just breeze through the rest of the deaf crew.. wink!
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Just a couple of days until the most fun you can have with a disc you have never thrown before happens. That's right everyone, the ace race is now only two days away and things are really heating up. We are truly hoping to make this the biggest event of the year. If you haven't signed up and are planning on coming, feel free to call so that we will have a package reserved for you when you come and play. You can sign up the day of the event and pay here so come on out and play.

Don't forget, lots of other free side games for prizes and lunch will be available to purchase. Not to mention, if you have never been to the 'wood before, come on out and check out the pro shop with more disc than you have ever seen before in the great state of Washington. Ooh, fresh dyes are here on discs you may never have seen dyed before also.....

We look forward to seeing you and thank everyone that has already signed up for the event...It will certainly be the best ever!

Later,
            Scott Papa
            Team Discraft
            Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

"...and lunch will be available to purchase." ~

What's for lunch Scott?

Comment

Originally posted by drkstr View Post
                "...and lunch will be available to purchase." ~

What's for lunch Scott?
                Walking Tacos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!
                A par is not a bogey.

Comment

So the course is set and ready to play! With new surpises this is sure to be the most fun ace race yet. I have a feeling that there will be many aces to be had this year and we are looking forward to the day.

If you haven't registered and are wondering whether to come or not....come on out. We will make sure that every person that comes out will be able to participate and get a package....no one will be turned away! So come and be a part of history as we try to push over the two hundred person mark and show the world that disc golf is happening in Washington!

Thanks,
                  Scott Papa
                  Team Discraft

Comment

Don't miss out on this Ace Race disc. It's Discraft's Wizard, and I mean that in a very good way.

Finally, a Wizard-like putter available in very consistent plastic. This could be good
                    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Had a blast today, Thx again for hosting the ACE Race. Cya all again next year.

Comment

Super fun time as always Mr. Papa! Thanks again for hosting...

Not aceing that monster basket is going to haunt me until next year
                        'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I had a great time yesterday ~ first Ace Race and first visit to Dalaiwood. That GIANT BASKET will also haunt me....I thought I could at least hit metal on that basket.

Scott and his Wife (and all others involved) did a fantastic job.

Looking forward to coming back real soon to play the course at its real length.

Thank you, for a real good time.

Comment

We had a great time yesterday as I have the past two years at the Dalaiwood Ace Race, the tye dye discs were very cool and I also got myself a Discraft Wasp with the 2008 Terrace Creek open stamp on the front for very cheap. Saw lots of people I knew there, very fun, thanks Scott, see you next year!
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Wow, what an amazing day to throw discs at baskets with absolutely no care as to where they actually end up if it isn't in the basket. With the weather on our side (we're talking sunny, warm and dead calm), we had a picture perfect start for the Dalaiwood Ace Race.

Although it was supposed to start at 10:00, the throngs started to show up early and things got off to an early start. Over 90 players that signed up early got the bonus of a dyed ESP disc (the only ones that there will be at ANY ace race) while the rest still got to choose from a bevy of colors.

We changed things up a bit by adding the double size basket to hole 4 and changing the tee on hole thirteen. Things got going early with John Perrone nailing the first ace on hole thirteen. After that the floodgates were open on our way to the most total aces we have ever had at an Ace Race. With fourteen total aces and who knows how many total metal hits, shouts continually filled the air. As the day moved on it looked as though Nathan Croston would win with and amazing 3 aces and 5 metal hits, but playing in a group right behind him was Mike Jones, who ended the day with an astounding 4 aces and 3 metal hits.

Other winners were:
                              Youngest Ace-Andrew Little
                              Oldest Ace-Eric Edgerton
                              Half Mile Hole-Scott Papa 13 strokes
                              Furious Five-Mike Heberling/Mark Pervinich 12 strokes
                              Easy Putting Contest-Mark Pervinich
                              Hard Putting Contest-Brent Huber

When it was all said and done, we had a whopping 177 players pass through the course! While we were shooting for 200, we can't thank everyone enough for their support of the event. Also, I must thank the Pervinich's, Huber's, Evan Hancock, Mike Heberling and Rick Bailey for their amazing amount of help as without them, the event would have come nowhere close to being as great as it was. Also, a huge behind the scenes help has to go out to Jeanne Papa for all of the organizing and, of course, the awesomeness of walking tacos.

I have to say that it seemed as though everyone really dug the disc and judging by the amount of aces and metal hits it was a very controllable disc. Big ups to Discraft for the ability to do this event and get everyone a great package for a great price. Again, thanks to all of the participants for an amazing event and if you missed this one, don't miss it in 2010!

Keep having fun,
                              Scott Papa

Team Discraft

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X