X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discraft Ace Race @ Dalaiwood - 9/12/09

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again when we look forward to once again hosting the Discraft Ace Race. It will happen this year on Saturday, September 12th at the infamous Dalaiwood course in Olalla, Washington.

Last year we had over 180 players and for the third year in a row were the largest Ace Race in the world! Come out this year and help us crack the 200 mark and once again claim the title of top Ace Racers in the world.

For info on what the ace race is about you can check out www.discraft.com. For more info on our event and a downloadable flyer go to www.dalaiwood.com/ace_race.htm. We will be doing many other things on that day so it makes it possible to spend an hour or all day. It's also a great opportunity to come out and play other courses in the area (NAD, Van Zee, Fairgrounds) and still have a blast at the Ace Race.

So sign up early if you can so that we get an idea of how many packs to have. It also looks as though we may be able to have a limited supply of DYED ace race discs for the first folks to pre-reg so you won't want to miss out on that!

Thanks for the interest and we look forward to seeing you all out here!

Later,
    Scott Papa

P.S. This year we have a new addition to the course that will give you the best chance you will ever have to hit an ace so don't miss your chance....
    Team Discraft
    Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Did I mention this event is not really a tourney and much more a fun day of disc golf for any level of player? Well, I did now so there you have it.

Later,
    Scott Papa
    Team Discraft

Comment

Hey Scott,

What sort of Dye is going on the ace race discs? like a fly dye, or a specific pattern? thanks.

see you there.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Calendarized.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          Hey Scott,

What sort of Dye is going on the ace race discs? like a fly dye, or a specific pattern? thanks.

see you there.
          It will be random dyes, not a dye-sign. So, if you want the best choice of patterns, it will behoove you to arrive early and make a day of it on the peninsula!
          Team Discraft

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            Calendarized.
            thank you g-master-stern
            Team Discraft

Comment

Hey everyone. An update on what is going down. We will definitely have dyed discs for the first 75 people that register for the event and maybe up to an even hundred. This is for the first paid entries and not necessarily the first people that show up on the 12th. for those that get into this group, the earlier you show on Saturday, the wider variety of discs you will have to choose from. If you're not into the dyed thing, I understand that we will have like six different colors of discs to choose from this year so everybody should be stoked.

We are getting lots of entries in so let's keep it up and be the first Ace Race to go officially over 200 in attendance! Who says disc golf isn't big in the Northwest.....

Thanks,
              Scott Papa
              Team Discraft

Comment

Great news guys.... the wife said i can come out and play with you all. So i will see ya'll folks on on the 12th

Comment

Choices

Disc Golf is big in the Northwest. Crystal Mountain PDGA "B" Tier Event, WDDGA Washington Deaf Disc Golf Association Fall Classic Championships at NAD in Bremerton, and the Discraft Ace Race @ Dalaiwood, all going on that weekend.

Comment

Hey Now Scott ~
                    First Ace Race and first visit to Dalaiwood~ should be a fun time!
                    Really curious about the "new addition to the course that will give you the best chance you will ever have to hit an ace..."
                    Looking forward to a great time.

Comment

Oooh doggy, thinks are heating up with registration for the ace race. Lots of pre regs and the chance for you to get a dyed disc is quickly running out. We will have plenty of packs available though so even if you don't get signed up in advance, come on out and have a blast of a day.

Also, I will have some very limited discs from Discraft available for sale during the event. This includes some tasty glow discs and a very limited run of X platic Forces. Also, you will not believe all of the fresh dyes that we will have in the shop.....So get on out here!

See ya' soon!

Scott Papa
                      Team Discraft

Comment

Hey Poppa Scott.. (I know.. I always say it wrong!) What are the hours on the ace race.. since WDDGA is having their tournament at both NAD and Fairground on Saturday and at NAD on Sunday, just wondering how early/late you'll be running the ace race.
                        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                        DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Hello Mystjava ~
                          I talked with Scotts wife yesterday on the phone ~ They plan on starting at 10am and going until about 6pm.

I have a question for you about the WDDGA tournament at NAD ~ will NAD be open to regular play on Sat. afternoon? We were hoping to run up to NAD after we throw the Ace Race. Maybe we could trade DGCR Travel Tags.

Comment

We'll be at NAD in the morning on Saturday...We'll be starting at Fairground at 2, so NAD should open up for regular play.. even if you arrive early, some of us might still be finishing up.. I would say, "yeah!". We're not kicking off the normal "double" group that are playing there since we're trying to "blend" in with them.. (hopefully there won't be too many crazy things going on.)

drkstr: would love to trade tags.. if you can't catch me there -you can find us at the fairground.. Many smiles!
                            Last edited by Mystjava; September 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM. Reason: one more comment and clearity of what I was trying to say (in Red)
                            Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                            DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

So Myst, The NAD course will be Closed at 2 PM Sat? Is that what you're saying? Or is it a small tourney?

Let me know 'cause I have friends that were coming over to play and we'll need to make other plans.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X