X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fundraiser for WA USDGC rep - Sept 27

The SPSDGA is in the infant stages of planning a fundraiser tourney at Yauger for the WA rep to USDGC (Chandler "CHANMAN" Fry). So far I've got a date, and some sponsors. The date is Sunday Sept. 27th. The rest of the details will come.

Im looking for disc golf clubs and tourney players to step up and make donations of cash and or schwagg. The more we bring in, the more we can give!

This will be a very expensive trip, airfare, hotels, food! Food especially! You know how big Chandler is! Lets support those that represent us!

A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Best of luck with the event, everyone will be supporting a good cause in getting Chandler to the USDGC.

As far as adjectives to describe him though, I don't know about big, wouldn't you say he is more "Stout" or "Barrel Chested"? I think he might prefer these descriptors.
    Nate
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Or he looks just like Bluto, minus the beard...and hat.
      Last edited by all2common; August 12th, 2009, 04:35 PM. Reason: forgot that Chandler doesn't look anything like Bluto.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

tell CHANMAN he can eat rice with cheese and top ramen for a week to save the dough... My donations are going to Dion since it looks like Chanman been stealing Dions food for a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
          Best of luck with the event, everyone will be supporting a good cause in getting Chandler to the USDGC.

As far as adjectives to describe him though, I don't know about big, wouldn't you say he is more "Stout" or "Barrel Chested"? I think he might prefer these descriptors.
          Nate
          Hmmmmmmmmm............no BIG is correct!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            The SPSDGA is in the infant stages of planning a fundraiser tourney at Yauger for the WA rep to USDGC (Chandler "CHANMAN" Fry). So far I've got a date, and some sponsors. The date is Sunday Sept. 27th. The rest of the details will come.

Im looking for disc golf clubs and tourney players to step up and make donations of cash and or schwagg. The more we bring in, the more we can give!

This will be a very expensive trip, airfare, hotels, food! Food especially! You know how big Chandler is! Lets support those that represent us!

Keep us updated with information as you get it. I'll have a couple of things to donate and will hopefully get a chance to come up and play. Great cause helping the BIG man make it to USDGC.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              tell CHANMAN he can eat rice with cheese and top ramen for a week to save the dough... My donations are going to Dion since it looks like Chanman been stealing Dions food for a long time...
              When it comes to food...Im not telling the MANCHILD he CAN'T have something! That's like taking steak from a grizzly!

Comment

Hmmm... I like to eat, but not that much. As for adjectives to describe me, I would have to agree with Nate's "Barrel Chested" and "Stout."
                Team Innova
                Team LSDiscs
                Team Stimpi
                Team Challenge
                Team Oly
                Team Fry
                2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
                PDGA #25541

Comment

I'm so hungry, Chandler keeps taking my food...
                  Team DISCRAFT
                  NW Sign Up
                  Gorilla Boy
                  Paragon Disc Golf
                  Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by chanman View Post
                    Hmmm... I like to eat, but not that much. As for adjectives to describe me, I would have to agree with Nate's "Barrel Chested" and "Stout."
                    Sorry Tiger, when it comes to nicknames and adjectives, you don't get a say! I think I'll go with MANCHILD!

Comment

Sorry Tiger, when it comes to nicknames and adjectives, you don't get a say! I think I'll go with MANCHILD!
                      Nope, MANCHILD doesn't work! ChanMan is 18 now!

Bob

Comment

So far, all of the WA Clubs that I've spoke with are completely on board with sponsoring! I'd like to keep this event on the FUN side of competitve, It is a fundraiser afterall. Im looking into different formats to go along with that. Anybody have suggestions of things they've done or seen?
                        I was thinking something along the lines of 1st round singles, then placing everybody in consecutive order and then playing second round doubles pairing first and last together.

Comment

So far, all of the WA Clubs that I've spoke with are completely on board with sponsoring! I'd like to keep this event on the FUN side of competitve, It is a fundraiser afterall. Im looking into different formats to go along with that. Anybody have suggestions of things they've done or seen?
                          I was thinking something along the lines of 1st round singles, then placing everybody in consecutive order and then playing second round doubles pairing first and last together.
                          That sounds really fun. As a side competition you could find your longest hole, put a big sandwich on top of the basket and have Chan and Dion throw for closest to pin and winner gets the sandwich.

Bob

Comment

C'mon guys - give the kid a break. He's not that big.

And if Chan is barrel-chested, what does that make me? Barrel-bellied?

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                              That sounds really fun. As a side competition you could find your longest hole, put a big sandwich on top of the basket and have Chan and Dion throw for closest to pin and winner gets the sandwich.

Bob
                              Could add to that idea, a side competition between Chanman and Ronthewhip that they win gift cards to various food joints that they can use during their usdgc trip.... add a little fun to both the competition plus the meals during usdgc, they gonna eat one way or another, and we are fundraising for them, might as well make it fun and memorable... anyways back to work for me guys...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X