X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super fun day

CONGRATULATIONS to all players!! Had a great time and hope to c u all at The Skyline Challenge this October.

A SPECIAL CONGRATS to:

Ol' Bob taking home the Gold!!
    Mitch F. winning closest to line
    Joel J. winning closest to cartman
    Jordan Burns winning closest to footballman

Great job:

Amy
    Maryjane
    Eddie
    Taylor
    Ryan
    Ben Huff
    Jerry
    David
    Mike
    Adam
    Sara
    Colin
    Last edited by Ultraflight 26; September 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM. Reason: adj

Comment

09 Ace Race pics

CHECK OUT THESE PHOTOS:

http://picasaweb.google.com/remer25/...CERACESKYLINE#

Comment

Ol' Bob! Wish we could have stuck around to see you finish it off, but congrats!

Sean, thanks for hosting this out there this year. I had a great time, despite being under the gun time-wise. As always, the course looked great, the food was awesome, and the competition is one of my favorites. Hope you'll consider doing it again next year!
        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Was fun looking at all the pictures, Sean. Thanks for everything.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            Was fun looking at all the pictures, Sean. Thanks for everything.
            Details please, about the win, Bob. Ace? Metal hits? CTP? Most importantly, how are you throwing now with your Discraft kit?

Comment

Oh, the details. Hmmmmm, hummmmm, uhhhhhhh, wellllll, errrrrrrrrrrr, aaaaaa, so it's aa, errr, like this. No aces, no metal amongst the competitors, so aaaaaa, welllaaaaa, it was a penalty kick to settle the scoreless game. Everyone had one shot on the driving range at a trashcan in a right-to-left crosswind. I tried to just lay up, knowing I would never get it in. I was still blown left, but at least I was low and didn't get carried away like most everyone else. I won it by a very few inches.

Comment

So here we are on #11. This shot, form my vantage, is going right at the lower part of the chains. What I see is it's stuck right in the back of the basket. I turn around and am about to toss my hat in the air... But nobody is celebrating. They're just looking at me. I'm confused. After several seconds, some one tells me it's behind the basket.

Here I am stepping aside to find my elation dashed on the rocks of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Most importantly, how are you throwing now with your Discraft kit?
                  Well, the sun is shining today. I have not tossed any drives since I dumped that three inches of rainwater out of my gauge yesterday. Yesterday afternoon, I did load that new Discraft bag with my new prize Rattler and my five old Rattlers, my new prize Magnet and Ringer, the two Ace Race discs, and my old trusty 4-times-Aviar-X and JuJu, and take a walk down to the three basket, ten meter, equilateral triangular putting green for some needed putting practice. I think I'm liking that Magnet.

Another thing about Saturday: My weather page was saying for a week that it was 80% chance of rain. Friday, they upgraded it to 90%, as it still said Saturday morning before I drove over. Not one drop fell on the Ace Race. Sean must have spent the night before, kneeling before Joboo, burning incense and chanting. The next day, the skies opened and dumped that three inches. Good work Sean!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                    Another thing about Saturday: My weather page was saying for a week that it was 80% chance of rain. Friday, they upgraded it to 90%, as it still said Saturday morning before I drove over. Not one drop fell on the Ace Race. Sean must have spent the night before, kneeling before Joboo, burning incense and chanting. The next day, the skies opened and dumped that three inches. Good work Sean!
                    We were at the coast on Saturday, fully expecting it to be the wettest day of the weekend. Not the case - it was gorgeous! Everything that was supposed to come down on Saturday was saved up and it all came down at that same time that night - with some wind, too.

Comment

What did people think of the Ace Race disc?

Comment

The shiny ones were pretty flippy and the grippy ones, not too bad. (Just my personal take.) They ain't no FLX Buzzz though.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X