Rising Island Open V - FIFTH and FINAL - August 23-24, 2014 (RIOV) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phlick View Post
    Hey Dani- Can you tell us what the course layout will be for the tourney? Is the course going to play as normal and then add 6 temp holes in the football/soccer fields? I assume that none of the 'normal' holes (except maybe 18?) will be in play for the final 9?
    Hello, actually some of the standard 18 will not be used this year due to the fact that for the first time we will have a football game goin on during round 2, so for sure hole #2 will be out all 3 rounds... This also mean the infamous field goal hole will not be in the standard location either. We also have a nifty idea to adjust 18 as well. Basically we will have 3 modified rounds of 24 holes... The ONLY chance anyone will have to get a peak at them will be for Friday DUBS before the tourney... HINT HINT As far as the final 9, I can't giveaway those details as per the insurance contract. During skins we will have a 10,000 dollar ace reward in place! All the holes will be 300+ feet but that's about all I can reveal
    www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

THERE'S STILL TIME to SPONSOR a HOLE!!
      http://discaddiction.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=278

Comment

Weekend Highlights!

-We had an amazing number of players show up for the pre-tourney Dubs... 62 players!!

-The tournament saw 4 ACES

-We had our highest rated round ever! A 1074 by Jason Carr

-Jon Wills won a brand new basket in Skittles

-It took 5 years, BUT we FINALLY had someone win the Birdie Challenge. 3 different (pre-set) birdies in each of the 3 rounds.. GRATS to Jason Carr

-The dynamic duo of Brandon Parsons & Jon Wills won the Beersbee AND Kan-Jam trophies!

-We saw more "first time players" to Rising Island then any other since the first one!

-No one hit the $10,000 ace, but 6 of the 8 players in skins did walk away with some extra cash in their pockets!

-Jason Carr (and 1 of his sponsor Latitude 64) gave away an enormous about of items away including a BAG!

So many great memories were made this weekend. Timmy and I can't thank you all enough for supporting this event these past 5 years!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X