Rising Island Open V - FIFTH and FINAL - August 23-24, 2014 (RIOV) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Island Open V - FIFTH and FINAL - August 23-24, 2014 (RIOV)

RISING ISLAND Open V
    FIFTH & FINAL
    August 23-24th, 2014

Max players: 80 – PDGA “B” Tier

Saturday is two rounds of 24 followed by round 3 Sunday of 24 holes.

Optional Friday Random Draw Doubles at Ft. Nugent @5pm for cash awards ($5 buy-in)

Division sign-ups will be:
    -Open Men $85
    -Open Women $85
    -Open Masters $85
    -Advanced Men $65
    -Advanced Women $65
    -Advanced Masters $65
    -Advanced GrandMaster $65
    -Intermediate Men $55
    -Intermediate Women $55
    -Recreational $45
    -Juniors (13 and under/co-ed) have "Little Flyer" t-boxes $30

Optional $5 Ace Pot

Add $10.00 for non-current PDGA members (except juniors)

An Additional $10 fee will be charged for “late registration” after August 15th!

Players Meeting Both Days Is At 8:30am

Players will have a chance to win a $10,000 prize

PRE-REGISTERED amateur players will receive a sweet players pack!

We will not hold any ghost spots for day of entry, but if we have slots open they will be filled on a first come basis.

Payment can be made online at http://www.4discgolf.com/RIO_V , check, or cash in person anytime leading up to the tourney.

In addition to the tourney we will be having:
    -Beersbee competition
    -Skill Putt Challenge
    -Skittles
    -Raffle
    -Birdie Challenge
    -PRO/AM Skins Raffle

Clinic Friday 4pm:
    Pro Jason Carr is part of the Latitude 64 - Golf Discs team as well as Team Disc Addiction and for ONLY $5 you can get some personal attention to help you improve your upshot/ placement shots. Players will also have a chance at some prizes. LIMITED to 15 players.

Lodging Details:
    -RV/Camp Site (full hook-ups) $20 a night just 1 mile from the park at WindJammer Park (360) 279- 4756

Any questions? Tim Baugher (Yammits) or Danni Baugher (Just Danni) 360-320-7211 or gsdtimmay@yahoo.com

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17969
    Last edited by Danni; June 10th, 2014, 09:41 AM.
    www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

RISING ISLAND Open V
    August 23rd - 24th, 2014

Fort Nugent Park, Oak Harbor - Whidbey Island
    ( http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3327
    http://www.pdga.com/course_directory...park-disc-golf )
    Max players: 80

Friday - Ft Nugent Park

4 pm Clinic- Jason Carr ($5)
    4pm Sign-Up for Random Draw Doubles ($5)
    5pm Start Doubles

Saturday - Ft Nugent Park

8:00am Check In
    8:30-8:55am Players Meeting
    9:00am T-Off
    Noon – 2:30p side games open
    2:30pm Round 2 starts
    7pm Beersbee Competition (At The Baugher’s House) starts

Sunday- Ft Nugent Park

8:30-8:55 Players Meeting
    9:00 T-Off
    12p – 2:30p side games open
    2:30pm Skittles Finals
    2:45pm Awards
    3pm Raffle
    3:30pm Skins Raffle Round – With the chance to win $10,000

**You must be present to receive your award, and NO awards or prizes will be given ahead of time, sorry**

Any questions? Tim (Yammits) or Danni Baugher (Just Danni) 360-320-7211 or gsdtimmay@yahoo.com

Please understand all times are tentative, but I try very hard to keep times as stated. I just want everyone to have an overview of the activities and the weekend’s schedule.

Comment

I signed up and hope to bring a group up in the wagon queen family bloody mary truckster.

Comment

We are super pleased to announce that RIOV will be a DONATION LOCATION for "Operation Disc Golf 2014"

If you have any used/ new/ unwanted plastic you can bring it with you to the tournament and we will be sending it to our men & women service in the armed forces overseas!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
          I signed up and hope to bring a group up in the wagon queen family bloody mary truckster.

^^^ Now THAT is something I wanna see Can't wait BA!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          We are quickly approaching HALF FULL... I would not delay if you'd like to play this year
          You can sign-up online, check, or in person!
          http://www.4discgolf.com/RIO_V

Comment

Games:

So everyone who hasn't been to a RIO to this point understands what the games actually are, here's a quick synopsis.

PRO/AM Skins: The top 4 score in the PRO field will be randomly paired with AM's and they will play for CASH.

$10,000 ACE: Yes you read that correctly... I am trying AGAIN to give away a $10,000 check!! As a PRO you will need to EARN your way into the skins round and as an AM you will need to BUY your way in with raffle tickets. If you ACE any hole in the skins, the bank is yours!! Simple, right? =)

Skittles: CTP contest separate from the rounds. Earn your way in by being one of the top ten closest in between rounds. For the final, everyone who qualifies gets 30 seconds(all at the same time) to throw as many discs as possible at the basket. This makes for an epic amount of plastic in the air at once, hence "skittles". Closest to the basket after 30 seconds wins the basket.

Beersbee: Easier to see in person than explain in type format, but a very cool game where you need a partner with three things: Hand Eye coordination, ability to throw an ultimate disc well, and good communication skills. Basically you need to clone Kenny Clark in order to win.

Birdie Challenge: $2 to get in, there will be preselected holes that you MUST birdie in each of the three rounds. First round will be easy holes, 2nd round medium, 3rd round more difficult. It's like an ace pot if you win it, the cash is yours, if it doesn't get hit the money rolls into skins.

CTP: We will have several this year with awards and prizes. Jason Carr will be sponsoring a hole in which he will be giving away some of his new Latitude 64 goodies!

There may be other games in addition but that's where we're at for the time being. ( there's one more I'm getting the last details finalized now that will blow you away! )

We aren't kidding... we are pulling out ALL THE STOPS this RIO to make the FIFTH & FINAL like nothing else you have seen in a disc golf tournament!

Comment

I'm super excited to announce that after ONLY a week we are HALF FULL!!

If you'd like to join in I wouldn't be waiting to sign up

Comment

NEWS FLASH!
                The bag tags are HERE!!! The way this will work is that ALL players will receive a tag based off of your overall score from all 3 rounds. Sure there's going to be ties across the fields, so I'll do my best to be fair.
                SO DON'T LEAVE BEFORE THE AWARD CEREMONY!!
                What number will you get??

Comment

10347239_782084531835909_7626873735846346015_n.jpg

Last edited by Danni; June 17th, 2014, 09:25 AM. Reason: Bag Tag photo

Comment

ONLY 30 spots left...

Comment

updated players list... getting close to that magical term... FULL

Comment

Only 20 spots left...
                        I guess I better change the 4discgolf numbers now that we're getting close so they reflect the in person sign-ups we've received...
                        If you're wanting to play it's time to get on the ball!!
                        http://www.4discgolf.com/RIO_V

Comment

As you may know we have sold out 5 weeks ahead of the tournament, so thanks to all of you that signed-up and secured your spots!
                          For anyone else, there IS a WAIT LIST and you ca register for it here: http://www.4discgolf.com/waitlist/index.php?model=RIO_V

As with all wait lists its smart to get on there early!

Comment

Now that we are full it's time for the "fun stuff"... I will be kicking off the challenges in a NEW WAY... We will be donation location for Operation Disc Golf 2013 this year and in that spirit I will be challenging some of the players for a good cause.
                            For those challenged, I am going with the ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE!!! this year. I request you fulfill your challenge after round #2 at Ft Nugent park and donate 1 disc (new, used, unwanted is fine) for Operation Disc Golf... if you elect to decline the challenge I request you donate FIVE discs to the cause.
                            I CHALLENGE:
                            Jason Carr
                            Brian Anderson
                            Kenny Clark
                            Brad VonHaden
                            Will you 4 take the challenge??? Once you've completed the challenge you can call out THREE others!!
                            Rules & Details: http://www.firecritic.com/2014/05/29...ter-challenge/

Comment

Hey Dani-

Can you tell us what the course layout will be for the tourney? Is the course going to play as normal and then add 6 temp holes in the football/soccer fields? I assume that none of the 'normal' holes (except maybe 18?) will be in play for the final 9?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X