Showdown in Shelton A/B Tier, July 12-13th, 2014, Shelton Springs DGC, Shelton WA Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showdown in Shelton A/B Tier, July 12-13th, 2014, Shelton Springs DGC, Shelton WA

The Mason County Disc Golf along with Olympic Discs is proud to announce:

The 2014 SHOWDOWN IN SHELTON

* July 12-13th, 2014
    * Shelton Springs DGC, Shelton, WA
    * PDGA sanctioned A Tier Pro,B Tier AM event
    * Field of 144 players
    * Registration will open up on Monday May 5th, 6:00 pm. masoncountydiscgolf.com

Camping will be available for the whole weekend (Thursday-Monday) at Little Skookum Shellfish Property located about 15 minutes from the course. Camping is very primitive, porta potties will be provided. A small fee will be charged for camping, tents and RV's are welcome. Once again MCDG will be hosting the players party at the campground on Saturday night. As always, a scrumptious lunch will be provided to all players at the course on Saturday.

Any questions can be directed to chrisgilberts@msn.com

Thank you,
    Chris Gilberts
    Last edited by olydiscgolf; April 20th, 2014, 02:14 PM.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

excited! So am I understanding it correctly that it will not be on something like 4discgolf but rather our site? Very cool if so. Hope I get in!
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

We are planning on hosting our own online signups. There is a possibility that could change, but either way, masoncountydiscgolf.com will get you there.

Comment

I noticed you are taking on 144 players. Will there be a second course? Or how are you doing this?
        Looking forward to The Showdown.

Comment

We are looking at a piece of property to have a second course. If it doesn't work out with the 2nd course, we will be running flights. Either that or 8-somes...

Comment

Flights are a fine option. Even though tourney rounds at Shelton Springs can take a while, there will be over 15.5 hours from sunrise to sunset that weekend. Having both flights play 2 rounds on Saturday might be an option, with Red tees and/or possibly some temp tee areas to shorten (read "quicken") some holes to an appropriate length. Or you could go the direction of this year's Pine Jam in Bend, OR, (shorter course, but also less daylight) whose schedule looks like this. I especially like Discventures' idea of running the awards for Flight A while Flight B is still playing their final round. That way many people have the option to leave early, and Flight B's awards only take half as long.

Just wanted to throw some ideas out there in case the 2nd course doesn't pan out. Either way, 144 people are going to have a great weekend of golf and salmon, and I hope I'll FINALLY be one of them.
            anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

We have great news to report for the Showdown! We have secured the group camp at Mason Lake! As much fun as we had at Rex's place last year, Mason Lake is AMAZING! For those that haven't been, this campground has all of the amenities you could ever need! A great covered shelter with power and water, huge grill, huge fire pit, electrical hookups and water for the rv's, a great swimming beach and playground for the kiddos. All this and only minutes from the course! Oh and I almost forgot the HUGE showers!

Also, we will be hosting only one course this year so there will be flights. Registration will be through 4discgolf.com We go live at 6:00 pm on Monday May 5th. Don't be late!
              Last edited by olydiscgolf; April 28th, 2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

6pm is almost here ... be ready!

Comment

Only 43 spots left. 100 players registered in 2 hours.

Comment

Just wondering what the $20 fee includes for camping. Is that per person, or can I pay the $20 for a site and fit myself and a couple friends on that same site for the weekend?

Comment

The $20 camping fee is per player and their family. The fee helps pay for the cost of camping and the players party.

Comment

Registration has been updated. Only a handful of spots left. http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17097#MPO

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                          Registration has been updated. Only a handful of spots left. http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17097#MPO
                          fast work Gilby... nice job!
                          www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Can't believe both Shelton tournaments this year are on weekends I can't go. Unbelievable. That Sunday is the Portland - Seattle sounders game at home, can't miss that unfortunately. Oh well, I will be there to help out on the Saturday! Cooking or spotting or checking people in or whatever I'm there. Bake-make sure you let us know about work parties and what I can do.
                            "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

kick ball

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X