X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwdown For The Showdown 2014

Shelton Springs and Olympic Discs will be holding a fundraiser event "Throwdown for the Showdown" Saturday April 26th 2014. This is a fundraiser event to raise money for The Showdown, and also your opportunity to win FREE entry to The Showdown. We are currently working on our website to enable online registration though our club page masoncountydiscgolf.com but we will also allow same day registration until we are full.

Sign ins and registration will be from 8:00-9:00 with a 9:30 start time. $20 AM and $30 Open players. The morning round will be played from the reds, and the afternoon round will be played from the blacks. There will also be a 50\50 raffle, ace race, and maybe CTP holes.

If you want additional information, or have questions, feel free to email me at jason@masoncountydiscgolf.com

Please pass the word, and come out and have some fun!
    Cheers!

Damn, shame this is the same weekend as Beaver State Fling.

Comment

Yeah, Since the lite sold out in like 9 min! It's a shame.
      rewindb.com

Comment

I think Justin is just saying he wishes he could play in both events, probably because they will be really fun events on great courses, and playing in both events would be a great way to support both the Showdown and Worlds.

I am confident he understands that a:

1-day non-sanctioned fundraiser
        on the same weekend as a
        2-day B-tier
        160 miles apart in 2 different states

does not really constitute a conflict of any significance.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Good old Jub, always the complete douche. Gawain nailed it. I have played Shelton since the very beginning of the course. I've be a loyal MCDG member since 2010 and want to play this event and support the Showdown. I love Shelton and all the people who built the course whom I consider dear friends. The shame is that I won't be able to do that this year. See you on the course Jub, I will be the left handed guy 20 strokes ahead of you.
          Last edited by columbia gorge discgolf; April 3rd, 2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

not to soil this thread
            Last edited by LJ Jubner; April 4th, 2014, 08:21 AM. Reason: Mistaken identity
            rewindb.com

Comment

Back to the thread
              Lets talk about what this is really about Fundraising for bigger events.

Personally I am against it. It just passing the hat at the expense of more local projects. The 7K for the NT would buy one hell of a mower for Steili. A much better use in my opinion but alas Te money will go out of state once again.
              rewindb.com

Comment

last time i checked shelton was in our state and the money is going towards the tournament held at the shelton springs disc golf course later this year. not sure where the talk about the National Tour event is coming from. this is all about shelton.
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                  last time i checked shelton was in our state and the money is going towards the tournament held at the shelton springs disc golf course later this year. not sure where the talk about the National Tour event is coming from. this is all about shelton.
                  Please don't expect anything intelligible to come out of Jub's face or fingers. He's already had to edit three posts this morning in two threads, confused someone for someone else, called that someone a thief but hid it in a different thread and then erased all of it. His head is clearly spinning and now there's $7000 being funneled out of state! LAWD HAVE MERCY!

Comment

This thread is about the Showdown and it's the pick of the litter for West side events this summer.

and about how the A tiers are all holding fundraising events to support their payout commitments. I was kinda surprised each has decided to concentrate their efforts on the easy money not beating the bushes like the old days for sponsorships. I do applaud the Battle for seeing that entry fee's are way out of line and doing something about them.

Yes I stuck my foot in my mouth. Confused Back with Gross and edited it all. For that I am truly sorry.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Good to see this getting some attention. Thank you to those that support MCDG and our cause. We are a proud group of golfers that dig showing off our course, and growing the sport. On that note... WE ARE LIVE! Registration is open. Please phone a friend, and have them tell everyone

https://sites.google.com/a/masoncoun...own-4-showdown

And Jub, you can still come and play, or donate... just bring some caramels

Comment

Caramel's Please. I told Chris I could squeeze at least $50 out of my budget . When you go live for Showdown There will be a sponsorship link right?
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Way to go Jason. I will try to bring a crew of misfits down from Lake Stevens in the BM Mobile.
                          Shelton Rocks!

Comment

Yes Jub, there will be a tourney sponsorship link on masoncountydiscgolf.com. Thanks for supporting our event. BA, look forward to seeing you in Shelton!
                            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I too am bummed that this is the weekend of the BSF. I have been trying to play that course for 4 years, can never get in on the lottery and am pumped I get to play. I'm not going down to support them and their NT event, I want to play the damn course. I'm bummed I can't try to win entry into our event again since I won last year when everyone said I was sandbagging I wanted to show I could hold my own in the advanced division this year. Why JDub did you pick this weekend!?!?! Just kidding! I hope it goes well and I wish I could be there to win and help out! Good luck my fellow MCDGers!
                              "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X