"Discing at the Depot 2014" N.A.D. Park Saturday April 12th - 2 round Fundraiser C Tier West Sound Series Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Discing at the Depot 2014" N.A.D. Park Saturday April 12th - 2 round Fundraiser C Tier West Sound Series

The West Sound Disc Golf Association, along with our sponsors, is pleased to present the

2014 Discing at the Depot

Saturday April 12th - N.A.D. park, Bremerton WA
    PDGA fundraiser C tier
    One day, two round event
    $25 entry that includes West Sound Series 2014 hotstamped disc.
    (other value options exist for current WSDGA members purchasing the season all together)
    Event and series director: Sam Huff "Yardbird"

This is the first event in the West Sound Series 2014, though one does not have to be playing the series to attend. Come join us for one, or all of them! Held at the beautiful NAD Park DGC, it is expected that a layout of red tees to B pins will be selected, which provides a great balance of play. The WSDGA is a 501c3 non-profit and this event,as well as all the West Sound Series 2014, is a fundraiser series to support the growth of disc golf via the WSDGA's course stewardship and programs.

Consider joining us for this event. It is expected that demand will be high for all West Sound Series events, so do not delay when sign ups open March 8th.
    Don't miss out!

Features include:
    -Trophies
    -Ace Prize
    -CTPs
    -Best Score Bounty
    -Raffle Drawing (all entrants receive at 1 free ticket with more available for purchase)

Day plan for Saturday, April 12th is:
    -Player Check-In: 8:00AM-8:45AM
    -Player's Meeting: 9:00AM
    -Round 1: 10 minutes after Player's Meeting
    -Lunch
    -Round 2: 1:30PM
    -Awards and Door Prizes following Round 2

go west sound
    Last edited by WestsoundBT; March 4th, 2014, 12:51 PM. Reason: sp

Today the day. Registration goes live at 6:00pm.

Don't miss out on playing this fun event. It will sell out. The 2013 DatD sold out in one week!!!

Comment

Am I right in assuming that the MA1 is sold out? Will there be a possibility that if some of the other divisions do not fill, that spots for MA1 will open? Either way, I really hope I could play a few of these!

Comment

There is no MA1 division being offered. The event is a low cost value based fundraiser for the WSDGA, thus a low entry fee and no payout. Each division will be trophy only with general prizes up for grabs (acepot, ctp, raffle drawing, best score bounty). Any player that has a rating above 935 can play in the "open to all" division. The event staff has thought about making the series a true amateur series, but didn't want to exclude a few of the local open pro players or other pro players from out the area that want to support West Sound Disc Golf.

We have thought about using a different division naming system (gold, silver, bronze, platimum, diamond), but wanted to PDGA sanction two of the events in the series and wanted to align division close to their divisional names. Overall, there will only be 5 divisions - 3 rating based and 2 age/gender protected.

West Sount Disc Golf

Comment

Thanks for the clarity. I like that, "Open to all". I'm going to have to see what my schedule looks like for these dates. Thanks!

Comment

Quick update with registration.
            Remaining spots are getting snagged up every day.
            Discing at the Depot event should be sold out soon.
            See original post for registration link.

Comment

Just for the record - I don't like the omission of the MA1 division. I don't understand how that is keeping the focus on the AMs. Seems to me that the 936 rated player is really at a disadvantage here. Trophy only or not. If you want to focus on the AMs - don't do it by eliminating the most popular AM division, do it by eliminating the MPO division.

Comment

phlick,
                Your opinion is noted. Don't get caught up on the name of a division. The open division at this event is far from the open division at a sanctioned A-tier. The West Sound Series is all about having a fun time while competing with your fellow disc golfers at an organized event. If you are the uber competitive type, you might want to look at some of the other great sanctioned events in Washington State (A & B tier). The staff has thought a lot about the MPO vs MA1. If you look at the ratings break down of that popular MA1 division, you'll see some players that should be playing in MPO and other players should be in the MA2 division. So, the WSS staff has made the decision for them to keep the available divisions to a minimum.

Comment

Open, Am, and Rec divisions are Full.

Only a few spots left in the age/gender protected divisions.

Comment

thanks guys, I am looking forward to a fun summer series.
                    is there any chance we could get a preview of the available plastic choices and cool logo/stamp for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                      thanks guys, I am looking forward to a fun summer series.
                      is there any chance we could get a preview of the available plastic choices and cool logo/stamp for this year?
                      No pics but I have seen the stamp and it is good.
                      Basket thieves

Comment

Both Innova and Discraft will be represented at the Discing at the Depot event. The molds will be a surprise.

Comment

5 spots remaining (2 grandmaster and 3 women).

http://www.4discgolf.com/14DATD

Online registration closed on April 8th...........

Comment

will the baskets be in long or short?

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                              5 spots remaining (2 grandmaster and 3 women).

http://www.4discgolf.com/14DATD

Online registration closed on April 8th...........
                              so if a guy wears a skort can he play on the womens card?
                              Last edited by matt; April 8th, 2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X