• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter BYOP First date Sedro Nov 28th

Correction on Date Sat Nov 30th
    Are you ready for some doubles?

This year we decided to mix it up a little so we are trying a Pro/Am format
    Maximum 1890 team rating
    We will be able to establish ratings for non rated players.
    $10 from each team will be used to install concrete tees at Sedro
    Cash in = Cash out
    Last edited by LJ Jubner; October 30th, 2013, 10:24 AM.
    rewindb.com

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    This year we decided to mix it up a little so we are trying a Pro/Am format
    Maximum 1890 team rating
    We will be able to establish ratings for non rated players.
    $10 from each team will be used to install concrete tees at Sedro
    Cash in = Cash out

You're doing a tourney ON Thanksgiving Day??

Nov 28th isn't a Saturday it's Thanksgiving... Do you maybe mean Saturday Nov 30th?
    www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Do'h You are correct Danni Thanks for the correction
      rewindb.com

Comment

I always enjoyed playing in these but unfortunately this wont work for me lol not finding an 880 rated golfer thats ridiculous .
        It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Can I play with a threesome if our rating still does not add up to 1890?

Comment

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
            I always enjoyed playing in these but unfortunately this wont work for me lol not finding an 880 rated golfer thats ridiculous .

Devin is a 737 :P the boy can't drive like you, but at least he can putt so anything is possible... you might be able to find someone ...
            www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
              I always enjoyed playing in these but unfortunately this wont work for me lol not finding an 880 rated golfer that's ridiculous .
              The idea of two 945 players was our goal. Aren't there several TDG players who would fit your needs. It is still best shot after all
              rewindb.com

Comment

Some reason I thought it was 1890 to be in AM and anything higher for open. Why wouldnt you just keep it AM and Open divisions like in the past? Seems more would participate.
                "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                  Some reason I thought it was 1890 to be in AM and anything higher for open. Why wouldn't you just keep it AM and Open divisions like in the past? Seems more would participate.
                  That is an interesting idea John. If I were to do a "AM max" it would be ~ 1850 maybe 1840 There would not need to be an Open max
                  rewindb.com

Comment

^ Do you mean 1920
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Nope
                      rewindb.com

Comment

I look ed at the PDGA site and =,>935 is the cut off to play advanced so why would I raise it above 2what I set for a Pro Am.

I was taliking to one of my friends who offered that BYOP is inherently eliteist. The idea that you bring your partner removes all the chance (or luck if you want to call it that) trying to win.

In this instance it about getting tees in at Sedro. so I am changing the format and entry fee. updated flyer attached
                        rewindb.com

Comment

I look ed at the PDGA site and =,>935 is the cut off to play advanced so why would I raise it above what I set for a Pro Am.

I was talking to one of my friends who offered that BYOP is inherently elitist. The idea that you bring your partner removes all the chance (or luck if you want to call it that) trying to win.

In this instance it about getting tees in at Sedro. so I am changing the format and entry fee.
                          Last edited by LJ Jubner; October 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM.
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Still more changes

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                            Correction on Date Sat Nov 30th

100% proceeds used to install concrete tees at Sedro
                            Current Flyer attached to post 1
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Is this still a random doubles event? I think you will get a lot more support if you run your traditional BYOP format of Opens and Ams. That was a pretty popular series you had a couple years ago. We can play random doubles just about anywhere during the season. It would be fun to be able to bring your own partner to piss off for a change. Go Sedro!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X