Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Doubles Championships Saturday October 19th

Northwest Doubles Championships Saturday October 19th 2013
    Winners of the Previous Year choose the Course and The BYOP (Bring Your Own Partner) Doubles Format Event.
    This Year Lou Tran and Myself Jason Carr have decided to Do.

First Round--Worst Shot, Alternate Shot----Each player drives, from there the opposite team chooses which disc you will throw from
    and whosoever disc that they choose the other partner shoots and you alternate until the hole is complete.
    This Round will be played from the Red Tee-pads

Second Round--Best Shot Straight up.
    This round will be from the black tee-pads

Where: Shelton Springs Disc Golf Course.
    What Time 7:30-9:00am Day of Sign-ups ONLY
    Players Meeting 9:15am
    Round 1---9:30am
    Lunch
    Round 2---1:30ish

2 Teams Make up a division

Pro-$100
    AM-$60

​ALL PAYOUT will be for Cash prizes only, PROs and AMS will be playing for CASH!!!! this year we have decided to payout the Amatuers like the Professionals and make it more enjoyable for those who decide to compete.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST TEAM NAMES AND DIVISION IF YOU WANT TO.

if you have any questions please messege me here and i will respond as quickly as possible
    It ain't gonna be easy!!!

It doesn't apply to me, but will you allow teams that have players rated lower than 970 to play in the Amateur division? There might be some Pro Master and Pro Grandmaster players that would be more likely to play if they were allowed to play against teams closer to their rating.
    Last edited by Mr. Anderson; September 22nd, 2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Jeff Hemmerling
      Jeff Hemmerling commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you mean to say: "will you allow teams that have players rated HIGHER than 970 to play in the Amateur division?"

• Mr. Anderson
      Mr. Anderson commented
      Editing a comment
      I was trying to clarify the divisions. I know of a couple of Pro Masters that might show up if PDGA guidelines were followed for divisions. Requiring all 970+ players to play in the higher division would only be in effect for 2 amateur players from Washington and 5 from Oregon. (989 being the highest). IMO an amateur player should never be forced to play in the Open field. I know the discussion could go on forever, but the subjective cut-off line of 970 (or whatever you choose) will never be perfect and somebody will always have the short-end of the stick. Same goes for Pro2 and Intermediate divisions.

Team "hot sauce & gold bond" will be there

Comment

division?
      Originally posted by maco capo View Post
      Team "hot sauce & gold bond" will be there

Comment

As much as I love Shelton Springs, you lost me at Worst Shot.

Blech!
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Adv am

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            As much as I love Shelton Springs, you lost me at Worst Shot. Blech!
            Yep.

Comment

What about mixed doubles?

Comment

They are no mixed doubles.
                Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                What about mixed doubles?

Comment

I figured I would lose a few people that way but last year it worked as a strong point, so we figured we would use it again.
                  Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  As much as I love Shelton Springs, you lost me at Worst Shot. Blech!

Comment

Sounds interesting and i am curious about John's question about allowing some lower rated pro masters and grandmasters playing in a lower division. Heck even make the divisions rating based off the higher rated player. I am a pro master and rated in the 960's and would not stand too much of a chance playing with someone my equal against 1000 rated players. Then again the same could be said with some intermediate teams playing against some advanced and masters teams. Could it be possible to create more divisions based off ratings?

Thanks Jason for the quick reply.........did you hear anything back from Tim about the WA State doubles?
                    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

First no I have not heard back from either if them. Second I am open to any and all suggestions there will be rating based I'm just not exactly sure and would love any suggestions as I am new to this. Thanks
                      Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                      Sounds interesting and i am curious about John's question about allowing some lower rated pro masters and grandmasters playing in a lower division. Heck even make the divisions rating based off the higher rated player. I am a pro master and rated in the 960's and would not stand too much of a chance playing with someone my equal against 1000 rated players. Then again the same could be said with some intermediate teams playing against some advanced and masters teams. Could it be possible to create more divisions based off ratings? Thanks Jason for the quick reply.........did you hear anything back from Tim about the WA State doubles?

Comment

• SPIDER-DAN
                        SPIDER-DAN commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not really too sure myself, but my suggestion and i hope others do chime in and lay their opinions as well would be to have a division in between advanced and pro open like the PDGA did about 7-8 years ago called the Pro 2 division. Any team can play pro open of course, but any team member that has a rating of lets say 970-980 can not drop any play pro 2 or lower. To play advance then any team member can not have a rating higher then lets say 940-950. Heck even a intermediate division could be created and have two amateur divisions and two pro. Of course this idea would get shatter if there are players who would like to play and sign up that do not have a PDGA rating. Maybe ask around and get some more ideas..........really like John's idea though.

I vote for keeping it simple. A 950-960 rated player should not have to play above advanced imo unless they want to. I get your point though dan...
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I will put signs out at the course today, Course Closed 19th, and I will drop information off at Olympic Disc, today also

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                          I vote for keeping it simple. A 950-960 rated player should not have to play above advanced imo unless they want to. I get your point though dan...
                          Spoken like a TRUE Bagger
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X