X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    I forgot to especially thank Mick for the help with the devils club removal on the new 14th. He just went at it in a straight no fear, wild animal, approach and did the equivalent of what I'd done in over an hour in what seemed like no time, uprooting it with extreme prejudice. Gotta love how he does everything with a smile.

As for all the having fun, it was lucky that the No Having Fun county ordinance was not enforced. I even had me some fun too. I played pretty much every round that came by from Thursday to Sunday (and lived!). I drank more than I should have but survived by drinking enough water as I sucked down that 8.2% Vortex IPA by the pint.

Okay, remember to keep showing up now and then during the rest of the year.
    My gawd..........I almost forgot about the Pink Floyd Laserligt Show on Friday night. "OTH" Bob AND Ol' Bob were involved, what more needs to be said?

Bob

Comment

WOW what a great weekend so many people and so much golf what more can you ask for and not to mention the great weather.Thank you to all the peeps that made this outstanding tournament possible you know who you are. I cant wait till next year.I was humbled this weekend,its hard being a pro player but im ready for the task next year lets do this fernburner rocks.And a special thanks to bob for being my partner on sunday for dubs we won
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      75 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

I think it'd be easier to divide by zero than have a bad time at the 'Burner. Once again, great job, Adam and Sara, it was a stellar weekend. Big thanks go out to Sunrise and Jessica for making the Mud available to us heathens each year; to Ol' Bob for keeping it so damn nice there; and to all the people that chipped in to make it that much better (with an extra tip of the hat to Mick for taking out that devil's club). And especially to those who spent all the time to cook up the heaps of delicious food--it was awfully hard not to get greedy with that spread.

Also, both rounds on Saturday were tons of fun, but the second round was especially so. Thanks to Aaron, Sam, Gilby and Barrett for providing me one of the most enjoyable rounds in recent memory--lots of laughter and great golf to watch. (Passing around the "big putt" baton on Hole 1 was a nice highlight)

And, I guess it'll be more appropriate when final scores are posted, but I just gotta say "TERRACE CREEK!"
        Last edited by Tim; July 27th, 2009, 03:53 PM. Reason: almost left out the cooks!
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

tim i think you won the big putt competition on #1 in the first round i just wish i was there to see it

Comment

I also had a lot of fun that second round, Tim. I hit the first putt on #1 and thought I would be picking up a stroke or two on some folks. Nope. 3 other birdies and a par, I believe - all with the card chasing us watching. Fun stuff that.

And... yeah, yeah, yeah. Terrace Creek rocks.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
              tim i think you won the big putt competition on #1 in the first round i just wish i was there to see it
              One of the best tournament aces I have ever seen. Came out of his hand on a straight line at the bucket. Dipped out of sight for just a second and then skipped up and buried itself in the heart of the chains.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I mean that, Aaron.

Seriously, though... you TC guys need to get down to Oregon more. I really enjoyed birdying with you lot.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                One of the best tournament aces I have ever seen. Came out of his hand on a straight line at the bucket. Dipped out of sight for just a second and then skipped up and buried itself in the heart of the chains.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I mean that, Aaron.

Seriously, though... you TC guys need to get down to Oregon more. I really enjoyed birdying with you lot.
                Hehe, yeah, it's safe to say that was the highlight of my weekend. And yeah, every once in a while, Terrace can pull it together. Definitely want to make some more trips to OR, but you should come up north more often too. Then you can see what our usual performance is like!
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Geeezo, 91 degrees out there (and calm). I'm in here wishing I had more AC capacity. We all hit it just right on the heater schedule. The inn has an elder-hostel group this week with grannies and their 12 year old grandsons. I'm spozedta teach 'em how to huk on Wednesday when it's gonna be 97. That should be fun. I know, I'll just bring 'em all in and give 'em a pint or three of Vortex and put the little angels down for their afternoon naps.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Hehe, yeah, it's safe to say that was the highlight of my weekend. And yeah, every once in a while, Terrace can pull it together. Definitely want to make some more trips to OR, but you should come up north more often too. Then you can see what our usual performance is like!
                    This is the plan, Tim. Will drop you a line when we know more.
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

On behalf of the Inn at Lucky Mud I would like to thank all those who helped make this year's Fernburner the biggest and best yet. We couldn't have asked for better weather (maybe 5 degrees cooler) and I think the course played as well as it ever has. A special thanks goes out to Doug Lostrom who was BBQ overlord for over 70 lbs of meat. Also big thanks to Mick, both Tims, Jub, Tina, Mitch, Kara and Kye, Ginger, and everyone else who pitched in during and leading up to the event.

There was some great golf played over the weekend. Congrats to all those who came away with some glass (Thanks Treasure, you too Chris!), and to all those who placed, and to everyone else that managed to have a kick ass time out there.

Adam

Here's the scores

NAME/OPEN ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 WAYNE WHITNEY 57 57 114
                      2 DUSTIN MILBROT 59 58 117
                      3 ERIC LUND 59 58 117
                      4 AARON PITSER 59 58 117
                      5 ADAM FLETCHER 54 64 118
                      6 MIKE RIDEOUT 60 60 120
                      7 MING 63 58 121
                      8 BART YANOCH 65 56 121
                      9 MARVIN HENRY 63 59 122
                      10 DOUG WHITNEY 54 69 123
                      11 CHRIS SCHULER 64 60 124
                      12 JOHN WILLIS 63 63 126
                      13 SHAWN LAUNDRY 67 62 129
                      14 BRUCE MURPHY 66 71 137
                      15 SCRUFFY 71 66 137

OPEN WOMEN ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 SARA FLETCHER 69 71 140
                      2 JESSIE WESTPHAL 70 70 140
                      3 KARA SARTORIS 75 68 143
                      4 JENN YAGOS 73 71 144
                      5 SHANNON SMITH 76 74 150

MASTERS ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 LOWELL SHEILDS 57 54 111
                      2 TERRY SURRAT 62 59 121
                      3 ERIC MESFORD 62 62 124
                      4 CHRIS GRAHAM 61 68 129
                      5 SEAN BENSON 68 63 131
                      6 DAVE KOTAS 73 69 142
                      7 B'MOB 67 DNF 67

NAME/ADV MASTERS ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 JORDAN LEWIS 62 63 125
                      2 RICH VELTKAMP 59 67 126
                      3 DAVE PUAOKALANI 65 62 127
                      4 CARL ROUSH 69 63 132
                      5 LONELL GREEN 65 72 137
                      6 GAWIAN STERN 74 65 139
                      7 OL'BOB 70 74 144
                      8 CURT MOTT 71 73 144
                      9 FRANK SHOEMAKER 75 69 144
                      10 JUB JUB 71 76 147
                      11 JOE LOCKWOOD 73 78 151
                      12 BOB CABAL 83 78 161
                      13 BEN TRUELOVE 87 81 168

NAME/ADVANCED ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 AARON THORFINNSON 61 62 123
                      2 TIM COYE 61 65 126
                      3 CHRIS GILBERTS 63 63 126
                      4 SAM GIBSON 63 64 127
                      5 BARRET 62 67 129
                      6 KYE DOERR 64 66 130
                      7 NATE 64 69 133
                      8 SEAN MAGHU 66 67 133
                      9 RONNIE B 70 69 139
                      10 CHUCK 71 69 140
                      11 JUSTIN HIATT 71 70 141
                      12 DYLAN CHANING 72 69 141

ADV WOMEN ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 JAIME GIBSON 75 79 154
                      2 Ashley Petersen 79 76 155
                      3 DANA YANOCH 80 76 156
                      4 SAM 82 81 163
                      5 SUSAN HURLEY 92 85 177

NAME/INT ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 RAYHN 62 59 121
                      2 PATRICK DARR 63 60 123
                      3 MITCH FRERICHS 64 71 135
                      4 JOHN SHEARER 72 68 140
                      5 JACOB SMITH 78 65 143
                      6 JEVON SCHOOLEY 72 72 144
                      7 TRACY CARROL 75 71 146
                      8 COREY BISHOP 77 73 150
                      9 MAX MCCARTHY 75 77 152
                      10 SPENCER 81 75 156
                      11 Jaron Carlson 77 81 158
                      12 MICK MATHIS 77 83 160
                      13 MIKE FRANKOWICZ 78 82 160
                      14 DAN NUNES 85 84 169
                      15 Derek Dejager 87 83 170
                      16 MIKE LARY 90 84 174
                      17 TIM 91 85 176
                      18 TREVOR 87 DNF 87

INT WOMEN ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 THERESA 94 101 195
                      2 AMY PARKS 103 98 201
                      3 MOLLY MCCARTHY 96 107 203

RECREATIONAL ROUND 1 ROUND 2 TOTAL
                      1 RICK KOLIUS 78 82 160
                      2 RANDY ENG 87 91 178

Comment

Thursday and I finally got the four moved baskets back on the standard positions. Been really quiet. The spilled spaghetti sauce got licked up by the raccoons and it's hard to tell anything happened here out of the ordinary.

Yup, really quiet. I don't like it. It's too quiet, I tells ya.
                        Last edited by Ol' Bob; July 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Thursday and I finally got the four moved baskets back on the standard positions. Been really quiet. The spilled spaghetti sauce got licked up by the raccoons and it's hard to tell anything happened here out of the ordinary.

Quiet before the storm no doubt!

Bob

Comment

I love how the deer knocked the pan right off the stove! Classic!

What a time I had at this tourney! Why did I wait so long to attend?!?!

Thanks to Adam & Sarah for an amazing time. Somebody must know that the way to my heart is through my stomach. O-M-G. This sets the bar for tourney accoutrement. And Fosbury himself would be hard pressed to jump higher. Food Coma after amazing dg. What more can you ask for?

I had 2 great rounds with Karl & Dave P. I will gladly play anywhere anytime with these gentlemen. Solid play all weekend and I barely edged it out by 1 stroke. And I hit the pole in the air on the last hole of the tourney. It just doesn't get any closer than that. Thanks to you both.

The course was in incredible shape for the tourney. Thanks to Ol Bob and everyone who went out and made the course better for us all. I don't even know what Devil's Club is, and I don't think I want to know. I was amazed that I could play the 'Back 12' so much better than I fared on the "Front 9'. I have to play this course more than once a year.

Who's up for a road trip?
                            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Devils Club is just what it sounds like, the stalks are completely covered in thorns that have barbs on the end so you can't get them out. I am so glad that stuff is out of there, I did see a few little ones but I know that they will be swiftly taken care of when they get big enough to see over the ferns.

Comment

I'm not for eradicating the devil's club. It just needs to be off the course proper. The way I see it, there's plenty of space for it to continue on, being a bane to hunters and loggers. I don't want to win the War Against Nature or even be a mercenary in it. The command to "subdue the earth" is what most undermines any gang who follows it. Bad mojo. None of us walks without bending a blade of grass. I'll go so far as to nick the bark of a tree from time to time. Anyway, the devil's club just doesn't play well with others. I hear it has medicinal properties. Maybe that thorn that's been stuck in my knuckle for over four years is keeping me alive.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X