BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Trying to work fast and get out of work early. Had a slight misfire going on this morning and found a bad wire. New spark plugs and wires on, now it's off to the store for beer and ice. Oh, and I guess I should get some food too.

Have the clear glow groove Wizards as well! Too bad the rendevous with Eric went longer than expected and I didn't have time to make brownies...

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
        Trying to work fast and get out of work early. Had a slight misfire going on this morning and found a bad wire. New spark plugs and wires on, now it's off to the store for beer and ice. Oh, and I guess I should get some food too.

Have the clear glow groove Wizards as well! Too bad the rendevous with Eric went longer than expected and I didn't have time to make brownies...
        Dang it. I wanted brownies

Now on a much worse note.

I-5 north bound at Kalama was closed until a few minutes ago, there will be some bad traffic, hopefully it will be clear before everyone makes it that far.

Comment

This just posted on my square people's BBS:

The FernBurner is over. That's our annual tournament. The mob scene is over and they're all gone back to Seattle, Portland, and the rest of the world. I sucked at disc golf, as I always do in our tourny. It was supposed to get really hot here, but it never did, though it's trying right now. But man, I had a great time with all the DGers. The NFH never did anything much (for the first time), and nobody brought their dogs (also for the first time). I hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend as much as I did.
          I want to thank Cris Graham for saving me from continued agony of defeat in the Sunday Doubles. Thanks to everyone for helping out, and for just coming here to make what I do have more meaning. I guess I'll see you over on the "Lost Discs" thread soon.

Okay, going downstairs to sober up.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            This just posted on my square people's BBS:

I want to thank Cris Graham for saving me from continued a gony of defeat in the Sunday Doubles. Thanks to everyone for helping out, and for just coming here to make what I do have more meaning. I guess I'll see you over on the "Lost Discs" thread soon.

Okay, going downstairs to sober up.
            Bob, what a great weekend! Good to see you again, and all of the other great people that came out this weekend. What a killer lunch and my gawdddddd the dinner was incredible! A big thank you goes out to YOU for all the hard work you put in. It IS appreciated! A big thanks to our hosts, Jessica and Sunrise, those who worked so hard on food preperation, the crew that came out to prep the course, (which was awesome) and to Adam and Sarah for once again providing one of the best disc golfing experiences anywhere. As for the heat............It may not have been record breaking BUT it was freaking hot out there Saturday. I felt pretty good about both rounds with some good drives, some good upshots, and SOME good putts. Now if I could just put them together in the same round.

Thanks again to all that had anything to do with the event.

Bob

ps.......if anybody has the results could they post them? Thanks!

Comment

Well said BOB! What a great weekend!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Everybody who attended now knows (if they didn't already) just how awesome the Fernburner is. I don't know if things could have turned out better, as far as the overall experience goes. I was lucky enough to arrive fairly early Thursday morning, to offer whatever assistance was needed. Ol' Bob and I got all the firewood for the campsite gathered, and took care of other minor course maintenance items. Then, in the late afternoon, we set out to play a round with Adam, Sara, Mick, Tim, and Trevor.

In a round that must have taken approximately FOUR HOURS, I was able to walk away with Ol' Bob's #1 Lucky Mud tag - after shooting some of the best golf out there that I ever have. We then had dinner together, and got camp set up.

The next day, everyone was up early to get all the course looking its best. Adam and Sara had a list, and Adam was great at delegating stuff to be done. I rolled the Thing all over the course, helping Mick and Tim move baskets, set up the mini course, post tee signs, move garbage cans, etc. After all was said and done, doubles seemed to go off fairly well (thank God I didn't have to throw), and everyone eventually got settled in for the night.

Saturday brought some of the best disc weather ever! And it sounded like it brought out some of the awesome discing as well. I personally shot my best round ever out there (+1) in the first round, and managed to place higher in a tourney than I had ever placed before (3rd). I was also able to help double-check scorecards, and get other things taken care of for Adam and Sara. But the highlight was presenting Ol' Bob and Jessica the money we raised with the bag tags. Thank you Adam and Sara for giving me a few minutes to talk before the awards. I appreciated it.

It was great to see so many people again - and see so many people up at the Mud. I had a blast, and I am already looking forward to next year!
                TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Screw next year... let's play it again next week! A great time as always. I am so tired - even after sleeping for 9+ hours last night - this is all I have to say.

Thank you to our hosts and TDs and groundskeeper and everyone who made this an awesome weekend.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Man the course stunk or maybe it was just the way I played it
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Things I learned at the Fernburner:

Being on the lead card(intermediate) in the second round is awesome but the look on Sam's face was priceless and I'll never forget it.

Cashing, even if it is last cash, is super awesome.

If you happen to get on the bogey train, make sure it is not the express. Seven bogies in a row, in the open after kicking butt in the woods, is no fun. No stops were in sight and the conductor would not let me off.

I am a much better golfer at night. Maybe it's because I can't see the trees to hit them.

Darr is a bagger!!!

When given the option of playing a full round on Sunday(with a 9am tee time that turns to 11am) or a 9 hole round of mini, go with the mini.

Comment

I fell over. Twice. And couldn't get up because I was laughing too hard.

Good times.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          I fell over. Twice. And couldn't get up because I was laughing too hard.

Good times.
                          My only regret of the weekend was having missed that.

Bob

Comment

Man... pinball wizard has a new meaning in my book, now. Grill is a bumper. Chris' tent is a bumper. Lonelle is a bumper. Sam finds the "Game Over" chute just to the right of the flippers and DOWN he goes. Too much fun for such a short period of time.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I forgot to especially thank Mick for the help with the devils club removal on the new 14th. He just went at it in a straight no fear, wild animal, approach and did the equivalent of what I'd done in over an hour in what seemed like no time, uprooting it with extreme prejudice. Gotta love how he does everything with a smile.

As for all the having fun, it was lucky that the No Having Fun county ordinance was not enforced. I even had me some fun too. I played pretty much every round that came by from Thursday to Sunday (and lived!). I drank more than I should have but survived by drinking enough water as I sucked down that 8.2% Vortex IPA by the pint.

Okay, remember to keep showing up now and then during the rest of the year.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

this tournament gets better and better every year. thank you to all those who helped put on this unforgettable show.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X