X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    What's up with the deception? Why isn't it more clear that the ace pot is NOT CASH?
    It clearly states in the event flier that the ace pot will be given in the form of a Next Adventure gift certificate.

I apologize if you didn't read that. I just went and checked the stumptown store page and it does not mention that the acepot will be given in scrip, which was an oversight. I apologize for that, it was not an intentional move to decieve people into signing up.

Accusing us of deception seems a bit harsh, Gawain, and it's frustrating that you would question my integrity in public forum, rather than contacting me personally.

If a $1000 scrip acepot is a problem, you're welcome to back out of the tourney and we will issue you a full refund.
    Last edited by gwillim; August 18th, 2009, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
      We just booked the band for the Saturday Night festivities. RUST! If you have not heard Rust, and you are a fan of blisteringly fast guitar and old school Heavy Metal, you're in for a serious treat. Rust is a Heavy Metal cover band, and will no doubt be playing so very familiar old school heavy metal riffs for you'all.
      And if you don't like heavy metal, well, it will still be a great time and maybe a chance for you to broaden your horizons a bit.

The concert is not closed to non-tourney participants. If you want to come and watch Romito and Bowden shred with the rest of their bandmates, you're more than welcome to show up.
      I heard they do a bad ass cover of 'The Trooper'. WOO-HOO!! Up The Irons!!!!
      Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

I've been decievedddd... free acepot for a lousy $1k in scrip
        The tournament website says nothing about it being scrip... oh wait, scroll down, flyerrrr, ok cool flyer, reading.... ahhh
        "$1,000 AcePot!
        That's right, $1,000 Acepot!!!! The acepot will be given away to
        anyone that aces during a tournament round. If multiple people
        get aces, the pot will be divided evenly. In the event that there are
        no aces, a CTP will be held for each division, the winners will split the
        $1,000 prize. The acepot will be given in the form of Next Adventure
        Scrip. HUGE thanks to Next Adventure for providing the acepot!!! "

Back to the website....
        "Fees provide for:

A player's pack including 2 Next Adventure's Clash on the Columbia Discs
        $1,000.00 Ace Pot
        Lunch and Dinner on Saturday included in entry fee
        Player's Party Saturday evening with live music, games, and prizes
        Trophies and Next Adventure scrip for division leaders
        Course improvements! (Cement Tee Pads)
        PDGA sanctioning fees
        Park rental fees
        Tournament materials & costs
        Online payment processing costs"

This is perposterous, I want my acepot money back....

Comment

Sorry, Ryan. I never meant to question your integrity. That was a total Jub on my part. I should not have posted after . I retract and apologize. I have changed the wording in my post from "deception" to "web site". I re-read the web site, still could not find the explanation, but then noticed the link to the flyer, on which it is clear that the ace pot is scrip.

I appreciate your offer but no way do I want a refund; on the contrary, I am un-retiring my Leverich ace disc (DX Gator, hole 6, RHBH spike) so I can WIN the ace pot for my wife! I am eagerly looking forward to The Clash, as I already know from prior history that this event staff runs excellent tournaments that are always lots of fun.
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            Sorry, Ryan. I never meant to question your integrity. That was a total Jub on my part. I should not have posted after . I retract and apologize.
            Apology accepted. Hugs all around.

Hey, if you get the ace, don't forget to tip the TDs!

Comment

Have the pool assignments been set?
              Read this ^

Comment

Clarifications

1. A bit disappointed on the ACE POT news. That means I can't buy all my friends beer after winning it...

2. I couldn't seem to find who is in the A and B pools. When do ADV MASTERS tee off on Saturday?

3. With all this hype and organization, is there some kind of exemption so that we can have non(non-alcoholic) refreshments during the appropriate times at the park?

4. I believe I-405 north will be CLOSED for paving this weekend. Plan appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                  1. A bit disappointed on the ACE POT news. That means I can't buy all my friends beer after winning it...

2. I couldn't seem to find who is in the A and B pools. When do ADV MASTERS tee off on Saturday?

3. With all this hype and organization, is there some kind of exemption so that we can have non(non-alcoholic) refreshments during the appropriate times at the park?

4. I believe I-405 north will be CLOSED for paving this weekend. Plan appropriately.

What you mean like O'dules, sure bring'em they should quench your thirst!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    What you mean like O'dules, sure bring'em they should quench your thirst!
                    I believe a double negative (as in, non-non-alcoholic) implies the positive (alcoholic). At least, that is what a math nerd thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                      I believe a double negative (as in, non-non-alcoholic) implies the positive (alcoholic). At least, that is what a math nerd thinks.

Yeah that's why O'dules has a trace amount of alcohol but is still considered a non-alcoholic drink so it should cover all bases. In a scientific study (In the 2004 November issue of the Journal Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research) O'dules was enough to trigger relapses in alcoholics
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

O'Doul's is not beer. Hell... the alcoholic beverage from the same company is not even beer.

And the answer to Stu's question is "no". Absolutely no alcohol in the park.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

All participants will be receiving an email later today with info on pool assignments and start times. We'll also be posting that info here.
                          No. The Parks&Rec people absolutely would not budge on the issue.
                          Good note. I was going to mention that, but it slipped my mind.

Comment

Just secured a soft drink "trailer" from Corwin Bottling (Sponsor of Hole #3 at Leverich) for the weekend. Free Soda for everyone! (Pepsi products)

Comment

A Pool:
                              FW1 - Adv Women
                              FW2 - Intermediat Women
                              MA3 - Rec Men
                              MA4 - Novice Men
                              MM1 - Masters Men
                              MG1 - GrandMaster Men
                              MJ2 - 13 and Under Men
                              FJ2 - 13 and Under Women
                              "A" Pool Checkin starts at 7:45am. Player's Meeting at 8:30am.

B Pool:
                              FW3 - Rec Women
                              MA1 - Adv Men
                              MA2 - Intermediate Men
                              MJ1 - 16 and Under Men
                              FJ1 - 16 and Under Women
                              "B" Pool Check-In starts at 10:00am. Player's Meeting at 10:45am.

If you're uncertain what division you are in, you can find out at by clicking here.

Comment

Tomorrow's the big day. Who's excited?
                                Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X