X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Steilacoom Open Supertour/Discraft Test Drive

Hey everybody! Just wanted to let y'all know about an additional thing that will be going on at the Fort Steilacoom Open on July 4th. We will be set up between rounds on Saturday with a whole hootenanny of Discraft discs for anyone to feel free and throw to see what they are like. I know a bunch of folks are always wondering how certain Discraft discs throw so here is your big chance.

It doesn't matter if you are in the tourney or not, just come on out and test out some discs you have always wondered about. We will be giving away prizes for throwers so it may even payoff for ya'! Also, both I and rookie Discraft team member Dion (Ron the Whipping Boy) Arlyn will be there to answer any questions about the discs and help you find what you may be looking for.

We look forward to seeing you there and hope you come over to our area to have some fun tossing the discs that the number one ranked player in the World (that's Nate Doss don'tcha know) throws.

See you there!
    Scott Papa
    Team Discraft
    Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

That's pretty awesome. I know you did that during the Acerace. I think it is a great marketing tool for Discraft to let people try out all the discs. I'd like to try some of the newer Discraft plastic that I haven't thrown yet. I can't wait for this dam broken leg to heal.

Props to Papa

Comment

Does anybody know where i can find a flyer for this tournament? i just want to know what time the players meeting is and what courses will be played.

thanks.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Scott, that sounds like so much fun. You always have something awesome up your sleeve and you can count on me trying the discraft discs out for sure........always wondered about the z drone.

Sean, sorry to hear about the leg..........that sucks!!! Hope it heals for the ft. Steilly open.......wouldnt want you to miss this one.

Tyvek, not sure about the flyer myself as i signed up over the internet and didnt remember seeing one. I do know that they plan to play the northwest and southeast so they can get more players to sign up. If you go to the pdga site and it will have jason coke's number under the tournament info. Hope that helps.
        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
          always wondered about the z drone.
          I SECOND THIS!!! that would be great to have a Z drone in regular production!!
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I also can't seem to find a flyer or additional information for this tourney. I am registered but don't know what pool I am in ( I am assuming that we will be split into pools), and I don't know what time the player's meeting starts. I am playing Advanced Men and would at least like to know what course I can expect to start on. Thanks to anyone who has more info as I didn't see any (or a link) from the PDGA page.

ScottW
            PDGA# 28786

Comment

If its pooled the same as the spring classic, id expect adv to play southeast then northwest then southeast again on sunday. but dont hold me to that.

I know there is a flyer at the course, so ill try to remember to look at the times today and post em when i get back.

Comment

Thanks Ode, much appreciated. We are playing 3 rounds, not 4 is that correct? Final 9 for Open or Advanced?

Comment

I got a reply from Jason Coke today saying the players meeting for Sat is 9.30 and Sun is 8.30. There will be BBQ for about $5 too.

Comment

I've never been to this course or the area around it. Where's a good place to stay? I checked online for campgrounds near the course and it appears that they are all pretty far away. Does anyone in the area have space in their backyard or know anyone who does? If so, PM me.
                    Also if anyone is traveling up from Oregon and has room for one in their car, it would be great if I could catch a ride. Carpooling is a easy way to reduce emissions. It also helps out those who've lost their driving privileges.
                    Thanks,
                    Chris Hoff

P.S. Thanks again Haggerty for the ride to the Midsummer glide at HooDoo

Comment

As far as I know the format is for all Pro divisions to play NW/SE/NW and then a final 9 for the top 4 Open players.

All Ams will be playing SE/NW/SE, no final nine.

This is the info I got from Jason and of course it's subject to his discretion.

Comment

I know how uneasy it sounds to give a ride to a stranger to a tournament that's 120+ miles away but I promise you guys I'm not a burden. It's not like I weigh 300lbs and fart constantly. Or make obscene comments. I'm just a college student trying to save money.
                        For those of you who know him, Jeff Haggerty was kind enough to give me a ride to HooDoo and he is still alive. I think he may have even enjoyed the company but you'll have to ask him to know for sure.
                        Chris

Comment

I forgot to mention that although my pdga info lists my address in Glide, I currently live in Beaverton, just a few miles from I-5.

Comment

Hay, does anybody know if Jay Harbour will be at Steilly? Or someone selling Huklab stuff? I need a patch to sew onto my lab coat that I had to buy for school.
                            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

http://www.huklab.com/KOHP_productinfo.html
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X