X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of 'coom and events...

Are there any events this summer for little noob amateurs like me?

Originally posted by Garrett View Post
    Are there any events this summer for little noob amateurs like me?
    yep there is the Fort steilicoom open in just a week and a half. and i think they have their monthly acepot tournys on the second sunday of every month. and they have weekly doubles every thursday at 5:30. there is still spots open in the fort stillicoom open if you wanted to sign up.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Mind you, I meant noob and amateur... If they have an event for us new players, then I'd love to check things out a bit more with regards to events here. I'll check the board today for the info the "Steily" Open.

Comment

I'd recommend checking out the weekly doubles...those are one of the best ways to get to know the other players in the area, and are generally the most noob friendly kind of events. The Steilli Open on the other hand, is an A-tier event--you have to be a current PDGA member to play in an A-tier, and players are expected to know all the rules and everything for that...so NOT too noob friendly. Might not be a bad idea to go and check out the play during the weekend though, to see how the pros can do it.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

They are offering an Intermediate Am division, and as fun as it is to play, it might be more beneficial to watch. If you decide not to play, there is always room to volunteer to spot, or help add score cards.
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I recommend you attend any weekly dubs event in your area. Most are happy to allow players of any skill range to play. Some of the better players may gripe about getting a noob, but its what happens in random draw dubs events. You will meet a lot of great people, and possibly learn alot.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :-)
              (absent minded me forgot to hit the board in the parking lot... DoH!)

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                Some of the better players may gripe about getting a noob
                You won't come across this kind of behavior at Lakewood, Seatac, or Terrace dubs. We get 'em in all shapes and sizes of skill, so no matter what you'll fit right in. I can't speak for any other weeklies, though.

Before you play in an actual tourney, though, I'd recommend procuring a rulebook and reading it cover to cover (that'll take 5 minutes). You'll find some surprising stuff in there. The competition manual isn't a bad read either. They are available in PDF on the PDGA website.
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

K, thanks.. I may have already downloaded them previously, but will again anyway.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X