Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck and I exchanged PMs and all is good. I misunderstood his comment as being directed at me and me being a poor sport when I think that the exact opposite is true. He clarified it for me and I now better understand his comment. Sorry about that, Chuck.

And I second Gwillim's comment about forum communication!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Back to the Lakewood Open......

It was a blast! I even played well enough to be on the leader card. I think it was my first time being under par at a tourney. That was until i decided to not pay attention to where I was standing and ended up dislocating two joints in my foot and twisting my ankle. Needless to say my last rounds really went down the drain. I am just glad I was able to finish and meet some good people. I would recommend coming up to play this next year as the course was great. We had a nice Oregon showing up there and it is always fun hanging with the Pinkals, Smothers, the Elliots, Gawain and Nate.

Comment

I also agree that this was a GREAT tournament!!! Eric and Tim did a fantastic job organizing everything and the people that volunteered their time also were awesome! It was cool to see so many Oregon people here! In fact one of the top highlights for me was watching Jason Pinkal put his drive a few feet away from the basket on Hole #5. the crowd loved that!

Thanks to everybody that helped with the tournament!!!
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

The tournament was awesome! Some of the best tee signs Ive seen, there was always different pin placements, TONS of CPTs, and just a great overall "feel" to the tournament.

Awesome job!

Oh, and referencing tyvek's post. I had a 13 yr old in my group and he put his drive on #5 (long) a couple feet from the hole and putted easily for birdie. It was crazy.
          www.soulpancake.com
          www.bahai.org
          http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
            Oh, and referencing tyvek's post. I had a 13 yr old in my group and he put his drive on #5 (long) a couple feet from the hole and putted easily for birdie. It was crazy.
            Is that Spencer you're talking about? 5 long? Are you sure? That hole is >400ft...

On the other hand, it looks like Washington has fired a return salvo that reads as:
            Jason Pinkal was outdriven by a 13-year old
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

no his name is kyle huber. Yeah he drove it about 10ft pass the 410 ft hole with a discraft surge.
              www.soulpancake.com
              www.bahai.org

Comment

Tim and Eric did an amazing job and it was obvious to see how much work was put in to it. I will be sure to be back next year and it was great that the course had so many pin placements. The beach hole was great as well, especially once the wind picked up.
                "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I write to you in recognition of Eric Edgerton. Since Saturday, I have been played a first PDGA tournament of Lakewood Open. I found Eric to be a great, generous person at the tour. Thank you, Eric and his group for hosting the great tour. My hands are waving to them. Clapping is part of hearing culture all over the world. Handwaving is part of Deaf culture all over the world. I take my hat off to players did great at Lakewood Open. At last, many thanks, Crystal aka Mystjava for interpreting ASL to me. Handwaving!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerardo View Post
                    I write to you in recognition of Eric Edgerton. Since Saturday, I have been played a first PDGA tournament of Lakewood Open. I found Eric to be a great, generous person at the tour. Thank you, Eric and his group for hosting the great tour. My hands are waving to them. Clapping is part of hearing culture all over the world. Handwaving is part of Deaf culture all over the world. I take my hat off to players did great at Lakewood Open. At last, many thanks, Crystal aka Mystjava for interpreting ASL to me. Handwaving!
                    you too! You did wonderful also and I'm very impressed with your score!
                    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                      Yah, but I was only throwing Superclass discs......

P.S. Chuck: Your mama!

Comment

Those crazy Dalaiwood kids...they've got some game. Once they get their consistency down, Olalla, WA is going to be like the next Springfield, OR.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                          Is that Spencer you're talking about? 5 long? Are you sure? That hole is >400ft...

On the other hand, it looks like Washington has fired a return salvo that reads as:
                          Anyone can throw past that basket that takes no skill at all, its the ones that throw with just enough power on it to get there and touch the pole that you need to worry about! Throwing past the basket is just a bunch of wasted energy!!!
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

I disagree with you that anyone can throw 400 ft, and I dont think you can find a 13yr old that can either. This hole is not wide open either you have to put it through a pretty narrow spot about 300 feet out. And finally I dont think throwing 10ft past a basket is wasted energy.
                            www.soulpancake.com
                            www.bahai.org

Comment

I put together a bunch of video clips as a preview video for the Lakewood Open. I've also got final 9 video which I'll be putting up soon.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqCWnhTeGDc
                              'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I disagree with you that anyone can throw 400 ft
                                That is your right but I think you are thinking too narrowly

I dont think you can find a 13yr old that can either
                                Wrong, David Wiggins Jr check him out Innova Link. Oh by the way he was achieving that distance at age 11

This hole is not wide open either you have to put it through a pretty narrow spot about 300 feet out.
                                Awesome sounds like a great hole, but someone hit the window right so it just comes down to someone with the proper amount of power and trajectory to hit that shot. How many times did this individual make this shot one time or multiple times. Why do I ask, well because I am a statistician and I would like to know if the kid got lucky on the trajectory because we know he obviously has the power to acheive the distance

And finally I dont think throwing 10ft past a basket is wasted energy.
                                Well my guess is that you have never studied the concept of energy and the conservation of energy. Because if the disc went 10 feet pasted the basket it was 10 feet further then it needed to go. By the way before you said it was a couple of feet from the hole and now it is 10 feet past the basket, which one is it?

Oh and by the way I was having fun with my previous post something along the lines of sarcasm and I am assuming that you were not with your reply so that is why I went all specific with this reply!
                                PDGA #25296
                                Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X