Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a sprinkle in the morning for about 10 minutes and the rest of the day was perfect. Nate is in the lead shooting -10/-9. Tuffi leads the open women by a bunch.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Mike Werth shot a HUGE -12 final round gaining 7 strokes on Nate to propel him to the win. On the middle stretch of holes 6-11 he was -7 over 6 holes with an ace on 9 and a center chain ace run on 10

Tuffi continued her strong play and cruised through the final 18 holes for the win.
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
        Mike Werth shot a HUGE -12 final round gaining 7 strokes on Nate to propel him to the win. On the middle stretch of holes 6-11 he was -7 over 6 holes with an ace on 9 and a center chain ace run on 10

Tuffi continued her strong play and cruised through the final 18 holes for the win.
        How did Pinkals finish? Jason was in second yesterday mens Open, and Carie 3rd open women.

Congrats to all!

Bob

Comment

4th and 4th. (I think Carrie placed 4th?)

Tim and Edge changed the final 9 format a little, so 13 was the final hole this time...it was nice to have a nail biter as the last hole, where even trying to play it safe can lead to big trouble, and the guys in the chase can risk their way to a deuce (like both Nate and Big Mike did).

Nate, watching your drive on 18 skip off the island made a small piece of my soul die... I wanted to see you tie it up with the Big Dog for some sudden-death action. You'll just have to come back next year for another epic battle between you, Mike and Mike. (and possibly that Seth Drebick guy from Bremerton)
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
            How did Pinkals finish? Jason was in second yesterday mens Open, and Carie 3rd open women.

Congrats to all!

Bob
            Carie and I both struggled today. I am not sure why.....maybe fatigue.....maybe nerves....maybe both......but we both had a great time. The weather held out and the tourney ran smoothly. Thank you Eric and crew!!!

Congrats to Mike Werth on the win. He was a one man highlight reel today!! His run from holes 7-11 was amazing (-6 for five holes). He also laced a side arm rollers on hole 16 to get a bird.

It was great to meet a few new faces: Big Mike, Gibson, Kevin, Gordy and Heath. Hope to meet up with you all on the course in the near future.

Comment

The results are up..

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...ratings=1#Open

Thanks to Eric and his crew for making this a wonderful weekend..
              Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
              DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

How long has it been since a Washington resident won the Pro division in a Washington tournament?

I wonder if this spells the end for Oregon's total domination on Washington turf?....

(probably not )

Comment

SMOBRO!!! 2nd in the Crusties?! SWEET!

I knew you had it in you.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Good Times

Thank you Eric, Tim et al for your hard work. The course was about the best I've ever seen it, and the flow (for the most part) went very well.

I was very glad to finally play with Mr. Treelove (and I did see some tree love in action, so his name is apropos), SmoBro, The Colonel (aka Todd Saunders), and local boy Brian Hayes (I've played with causually, but not in a tourney). Sandy, Todd, Robert (the Modesto Enforcer) enjoyed the rounds. I have to say, playing with all the Adv. Masters ... who are all really great guys to play with, makes these so much more fun to play.

Also, wanted to thank my wife and daughters for letting me do this tourney on father's day (they don't really get the disc throwing thing, but I appreciate that they know I like it).

And a final thanks to The Coach, Nate Sexton (I promised him I'd give him kudos, which will be on another thread). Ok boys, go replenish your Ibuprofen bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      SMOBRO!!! 2nd in the Crusties?! SWEET!

I knew you had it in you.
                      Thanks brotha. It was fun to play a new course for me and fun to hang with Ken Smith, Gawain, Jeff, and all the adv. crusties. Gawain was on fire most of the rounds. He has mad skills. Very fun to watch. I got some lucky putts here and there to keep me hanging around. Jeff is so smooth to watch. and Ken Smith is the mac daddy putter. Silky. Coleman and Pinkal were kind enough to put up with me all weekend. The washington crew rocked! cant wait till next year.
                      Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

Bob
                        To say that I shanked the last round would be an understatement

It was great to play with some new golfers. Tuffi rocks harder...that lady can toss an R-Pro Boss like nobody's bizness! Thanks for a great weekend of golf, Open Ladies. Hope to play up in Washington in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                          How long has it been since a Washington resident won the Pro division in a Washington tournament?
                          Way to represent Oregon, Ryan. Will you make some remark of equally poor sportsmanship if Sam wins your Bad Monkey Open?

(probably )
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            Way to represent Oregon, Ryan. Will you make some remark of equally poor sportsmanship if Sam wins your Bad Monkey Open?

(probably )
                            I really read this in the spirit of rivalry. Didn't you?

Comment

Poor sportsmanship? Dude... you don't even know me and you think I am a poor sport? Is it because I criticize the absolutely shitty things I read about the tournaments you guys have up there?

Baby need a bottle, Chuck?
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post

I'm sorry Chuck. The comment was not in any way meant to be a serious jab, just some friendly rivalry speak at my neighbors. Please retract my statement, the last thing I want is for people to think I show poor sportsmanship. Damn forum communication falter!
                                -Ryan

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X