Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And on a relate note: the Bad Monkey Open is on the same weekend as the Emerald Valley Open. Two PDGA sanctioned events both hoping to have over 90 players (I'm guessing at the number for the EVO). There is plenty of room and golfers to have multiple work parties, multiple leagues and multiple tournaments on a weekend in this VERY strong disc golf community!

Comment

Wow

Kind of amazed to see such a spirited & wide-ranging discussion springing from our tournament posting. Gotta love forums, eh? I would like to respond to a couple comments in particular.

Sam, my "more fun" comment wasn't meant to be mean spirited, sorry I didn't do a better job of getting that across. Our goal is for everyone to have a good time & get a chance to experience our course. 6 people will walk off with some pretty sweet awards but we hope everyone walks off with a smile.

Our tourney is currently being held in conjuction with the city's Gorge Days celebration which does dictate the date. We are considering holding other events in the future & will make every effort to avoid conflicts with other local events.

We decided to split our entrants into the (apparently) infamous Pretty Good & Really Good categories last year specifically because we are not a pro-level tourney. We asked everyone to classify themselves according to their abilities & warned them that if they won the Pretty Good division with a 6 under par we might call that into question. We ended up with 34 contestants & a mulitple hole playoff to decide the final standings.

Our event is really a celebration of the sport & an effort to introduce our course to more disc golfers more than anything else. We are lucky to live in a beautiful area & have a lot of support from our city & we want to share our good fortune with others.

For those who are playing in the RCO, good luck. For anyone who has that Sunday open, come on out.

Peace to all.

Comment

Originally posted by gorgedon View Post
        Kind of amazed to see such a spirited & wide-ranging discussion springing from our tournament posting. Gotta love forums, eh? I would like to respond to a couple comments in particular.

Sam, my "more fun" comment wasn't meant to be mean spirited, sorry I didn't do a better job of getting that across. Our goal is for everyone to have a good time & get a chance to experience our course. 6 people will walk off with some pretty sweet awards but we hope everyone walks off with a smile.

Our tourney is currently being held in conjuction with the city's Gorge Days celebration which does dictate the date. We are considering holding other events in the future & will make every effort to avoid conflicts with other local events.

We decided to split our entrants into the (apparently) infamous Pretty Good & Really Good categories last year specifically because we are not a pro-level tourney. We asked everyone to classify themselves according to their abilities & warned them that if they won the Pretty Good division with a 6 under par we might call that into question. We ended up with 34 contestants & a mulitple hole playoff to decide the final standings.

Our event is really a celebration of the sport & an effort to introduce our course to more disc golfers more than anything else. We are lucky to live in a beautiful area & have a lot of support from our city & we want to share our good fortune with others.

For those who are playing in the RCO, good luck. For anyone who has that Sunday open, come on out.

Peace to all.

Dude, you've got a lot to learn about bickering on the Internet.

Just kidding of course. Nicely done.

Comment

Gorgedon,

Don't take it personally... you got Sam-rolled. Its nothing new around these parts. In fact, most of us are pretty well tempered against it by now.

As the "official" TD of the Rose City Open I can assure you I never for a moment felt like your event was stepping on our toes. I don't see how it could considering its been pretty much full for weeks.

Anyway, have a great event out there. One of these days I'm going to have to make the drive out there to play your course.

Originally posted by gorgedon View Post

Peace to all.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

gorgedon,

How many rounds are being played?
            What time do you expect it to be over?

Comment

One round, shotgun start at 11am, should be done playing a couple hours after that & then the awards, KP & other contests, & the barbeque/beer garden (not necessarily in that order).

There are definitely worse ways to spend a Sunday.

Comment

Sam-rolled.

Seriously... it's all good. I had my concerns and I aired them. TD doing what they're gonna do anyway so it is a closed issue.

Here... let me say something nice about the event:
                I like beer gardens.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Sam-rolled.

Seriously... it's all good. I had my concerns and I aired them. TD doing what they're gonna do anyway so it is a closed issue.
                  If it was closed you could have just let it go......instead you had to throw in one last shot. Add that to the definition of 'Sam-rolled'.

Comment

Um... OK. Not sure what shot I took but sure... OK.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

We will officially have a Walking Man Brewery beer garden with at least 2 & maybe 3 varieties of their incredible brews. We will also have a barbeque with burgers & dogs after the event while we get the awards together. Hope to see you here.

Comment

What's a KP contest? Sounds like summer camp kitchen duty contests...
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Whoever has the most "killer putt" wins the contest. Judges must have been strongly affiliated with an 80's hair band.
                          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

No one knows why "KP" stands for closest-to-pin. It comes from ball golf.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

So CTP has a rivarly
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Results posted

The full results & some pics are posted on our website. Everybody except Sam is welcome to click the link below & check them out.

http://www.nbdga.org/

Thanks to everyone who came out & made it a great day,

NBDGA Crew

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X