X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual North Bonneville Tournament - 7/12/09

We're doing it again. We're up against the Rose City Open, but we're $40 cheaper & a lot more fun. Registration forms are available at http://www.nbdga.org/registrationform.pdf & we'll be splitting entrants into our 2 categories again, Pretty Good & Really Good. Hey, it's not quite PDGA level competition but it's still going to be a great time.

We'll have free soft drinks & water delivered to you on the course and a barbeque and beer garden after the tournament while we get the results together for the award ceremony.

We'll also have a KP contest with cool prizes & we're working on some new surprises as well.

Seeya there, GorgeDon

I like the NBDGA logo. Maybe I can just buy one of your shirts?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by gorgedon View Post
      We're up against the Rose City Open, but we're ... a lot more fun.
      Really? You'll catch more flies with honey...
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Pretty Good and Really Good.

Maybe hold a REAL tournament with REAL divisions and hold it on a weekend that is not the same as an established tournament and you might get more than a few people out there. Or, you could stick with what you are doing and not grow beyond the dozen or so people you got out there last year.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Nice, Sam. You've been a real dick smear lately...scoffing at everybody else's attempts to offer choices for the masses. Real smoov...
          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I thought I would chime in on this one yes it does fall on the same weekend as the RCO but it does fall into line with gorge days so this is why this date was chosen to have this tourney. I would also like to add that for the price the trophies last year were above and beyond you also recieve a t-shirt and free food and beverage. I would suggest this tourney to anyone who is a first time tourney player and would like the experience of a tourney and Sam I know you like to speak your mind and that is cool but due to the BSF the rose city got moved to July instead of June these 2 tourneys didn't even bump heads last year I know because I played in both and had a great time at both so help support the small ones so that they can become big boys and girls.

Comment

It think offering another tourney on the RCO weekend is a good idea. With the Pro Division for the RCO closing after in person registration at a park 2 hours away from my home, this might be the only viable option for disc golfers that live outside of the Eugene-Portland areas.

Comment

There is also a tournament at Wortman park in McMinnville that weekend.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                  Nice, Sam. You've been a real dick smear lately...scoffing at everybody else's attempts to offer choices for the masses. Real smoov...
                  Justin, I appreciate the sentiment. That said, I stand by what I said earlier. I think I offered suggestions to make the event better, as well.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Justin, I appreciate the sentiment. That said, I stand by what I said earlier. I think I offered suggestions to make the event better, as well.
                    Perhaps its not so much what you say, but rather how you say it.

Just a thought.
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Meh... I think I was responding to the "a lot more fun" comment than anything else. I thought that that statement was flat-out ridiculous.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Meh... I think I was responding to the "a lot more fun" comment than anything else. I thought that that statement was flat-out ridiculous.
                        No, it's flat-out subjective -- with a bit of marketing thrown in.

I think that for people who don't take disc golf as seriously as most forum-goers do (which frankly includes most of the disc golfing public), the Gorge Days tournament probably would be more fun. It's more casual and takes up a lot less of one's weekend.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

OK. You say subjective. I say ridiculous. And I have been to both types of tournaments, Adam. Have you?
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I hear a lot of people stating that there are far more non-competitive, non-PDGA, non-tournament disc golfers than there are tournament DGers. On what facts are these statements based? Or are they, as I suspect, merely opinions, based on random observations?
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              I hear a lot of people stating that there are far more non-competitive, non-PDGA, non-tournament disc golfers than there are tournament DGers. On what facts are these statements based? Or are they, as I suspect, merely opinions, based on random observations?
                              It probably depends on where you golf. Check out Orchard, Greenway, HH, Lunchtime, or even Pier at certain hours and you will find many more "casual players than the usual tournament crowd.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X