Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought to myself ... "I better tread lightly here through the crossfire." For what it's worth, I'm sensing that Kevin felt stung/hurt and was probably sensitive about the issue (based on what happened), and reacted before thinking. Regardless of what did or didn't happen, I have played with Kevin in Adv. Masters and he is a really good, kind man. Anybody trying to start up an event and be TD is a good thing, period. This e-mail and forum thing can never accurately convey the subleties, body language, or tone of voice. The telephone or person-to-person is a much better way of communicating some of these feelings. I just wish we had Bill Gates or a wealthy sheik (who I'm sure would live in Leavenworth) getting hard core hooked on DG, and sponsoring the itshay out of our tournies.

Comment

I think both sides have valid points. It was a great tourney, no doubt. Personally, I was led to believe that the payout was much more than what was delivered. But I never heard it from the TD or anyone in the crew. I dont know who, but someone seriously made a huge mistake by saying that the pro payout was bigger than it was. I dont know who it was, but that person is a dick.

Sam, you should come to the Steilly Open. I miss you.
      Team Innova
      Team LSDiscs
      Team Stimpi
      Team Challenge
      Team Oly
      Team Fry
      2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
      PDGA #25541

Comment

[QUOTEAnd hey... at least the winner got more than a Snickers' bar - king size or not. [/QUOTE] Did you play Fernhill back in the early 90's?
        Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          . And hey... at least the winner got more than a Snickers' bar - king size or not.

there are maybe a couple of people on this forum that might get that..........but most will have no clue who the hell you refer to here. and he is not from Wa. at least not that i know of

but we do have him to thank for getting Milo rolling..... as blah as it was when it 1st went in
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Promoting Disc Golf and the TD's

What would that have accomplished? Judging from your ridiculous response here, it would have accomplished nothing.

Wow... you've got some serious "I am going to take my ball and go home" issues. Did mommy not love you enough or something? Not enough hugs at home?

Were you to drop off of the face of the planet and never TD another event, it sounds like you would be doing the sport a huge favor. There will be plenty of adults to step up and more than fill your child-sized shoes, I am sure.

By the way.. I wasn't at your event, I will not attend any of your events and I do not play pro. I do not like people who set up false expectations that they cannot deliver on. Perhaps you should have taken the sponsorship you had planned to donate to other events and paid the park since you clearly didn't have all of your ducks in a row before the tournament? Sounds like you should have bitten the bullet on that one and not left people thinking that you're a liar. Just a thought...
            Wow Sam,
            And you don't even know this fella?
            At your first attempt of running a gig did any of your goals/expectations slip through the chains?
            Was it a perfect gig?
            If you answered yes then I say good job dude.
            And then I'd suggest that perhaps you might try to share with others why and how you did it so that nobody complained , instead of taking your time to bash a fella who IMO tried to do a good job as a 1st time TD.
            I hope to cya at 's this summer.

KP65,
            I've run more events than all the folks replying to this topic combined.
            You don't need to apologize or justify any of this crap that is being slung at you. Although if you stick with it, be ready for the folks like Slam Bam who aren't afraid to call a spade a spade even if it's a club.
            Unless it's in writing at the gig table, how much the payout will be can lead to a lot of cheap talk.
            At my last gig I mentioned to a lot of people that I was shooting for a $1,000. 1st place pro payout. So, needless to say there was lots of talk.
            This was the actual payout, but if it were not and the winners "BestBerg" would've complained, I would've politely smiled and said "obla di obla da", life goes on.
            As for pros going to gigs expecting something that wasn't "promised"....
            maybe the "dollar signs" in their eyes get in the way of reality.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

I think I stated my piece and don't really have to rehash it. What bothered me the most was Crider getting mocked and then slammed for stating what was obvious - not to mention Barsby getting slammed and mocked for the same thing. It is clear that those who did this haven't walked a mile in their shoes and couldn't even begin to understand why they would have been disappointed - and that was just lame.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The tournament was really fun and a great event. I know I'll be going back to Kevin and Todd's tournaments again, and ive only been spreading the good word about how fun it was. I think all this uproar thats been fabricated over the net really us making something out of nothing and people should look back on the tournament as a great weekend of golf. I applaud Kevin and Todd for an amazing first event and hope to see them running another soon, depsite all this unwarranted aggression from the interweb.

Comment

Unwarranted.
                  Read the thread before commenting out the back side, friend.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Unwarranted.
                    Read the thread before commenting out the back side, friend.
                    Go to the event, meet the TDs who busted their asses, find out the facts before you sling mud, and think twice before you totally bash fellow disc golfers who may have done something a little differently than you would have.....friend..

Comment

Where's the emoticon for someone just running their mouth...

I did find out the facts. The pros were disappointed with the payout as it didn't match what was advertised nor what was spread through the rumor mill. This is a fact... friend... one you clowns can't seem to get a firm grasp on.

Good luck with that.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thanks Todd and Kevin and Drew and Jaime and everybody else who busted BUTT to make this event happen, I had a great time, I will be back.
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Where's the emoticon for someone just running their mouth...

I did find out the facts. The pros were disappointed with the payout as it didn't match what was advertised nor what was spread through the rumor mill. This is a fact... friend... one you clowns can't seem to get a firm grasp on.

Good luck with that.
                          What is it from the rumor mill you are presenting as a fact you found out?When you say 'the Pros' you can't mean other than the 'Pros' as a whole. That means all the 'Pros'; the Masters, the Women and , yes, the Open Pros. Could the disappointment on the part of the Pros that you present as fact have anything to do with the 'fact' that so few of them participated? It can't be that all the Pros fail to understand that light participation results in a 'lighter' purse. How can you present these loosely connected suppositions on your part as short-comings on the part of the hosts? Not only is this NOT fun to wade through, its just plain unresponsible. Gordy. PS If Barsby could only throw 50' he would still be the funnest person I talked to all week-end and BTW Greg, I had you called and seconded. Try again. Thats how we do it in Adv. GrMasters.

Comment

There seems to be alot of crying over the payout and I think it's funny. I know I lost alot of sleep over it, wait I didnt play so Im sleeping fine. It must be some of the Pro's loosing sleep over it, you know shit happens payout might not have been that good but get over it. From what I heard it was a fun tourney unless your a top pro making a living out of your money you earn, but then again Go have fun
                            I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X