Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Barsby and Tennessee have been hanging out quite a bit recently, actually. I would say that they are friends.

I think that the better question would be who told Barsby that and why didn't it come true. I know that if I had been told one thing and it was off by double, I would be a little pissed.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I didn't win $500. In fact I lost my 3rd place trophy in a playoff hole to the tournament co-TD..that SOB Prosser. However, I want to still thank the crew that pulled off the Flippin ze Disc tourney. It was an incredible weekend. The weather was great, and the scenery in Leavenworth can't be beat. Free beer, great camping, people getting zip-tied into their tents all made a great weekend.

Where else do you get to throw off the base of a towering ski jump, or have to lay up a putt due to a rattlesnake sunning itself 30 feet from the basket.

The tourney was very well put together and most everyone I talked to had a great time. Thank you Todd and Kevin and everyone else who worked so hard to turn this nice park into a great tournament course. You rock!

Comment

Ya, you SOB. Why wasn't I promised $1,000? For my money it was Parsely the rookie handing out the K-note rumors. Thanks you guys. I saw alotta smiles. Gordy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I think Barsby and Tennessee have been hanging out quite a bit recently, actually. I would say that they are friends.

I think that the better question would be who told Barsby that and why didn't it come true. I know that if I had been told one thing and it was off by double, I would be a little pissed.
          Exactly.....
          Picture a 22 year old kid driving across the country trying to make enough for gas and food being told that..... Sorry but thats not cool.
          Other than that i had a great time.
          MATHEW SCOTT CRIDER #34977 BORN 11/15/82
          Not as creative as keys

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee View Post
            Picture a 22 year old kid driving across the country trying to make enough for gas and food
            He should probably be ok, then. Five hundred bucks will get him back to Sacramento in a hummer limo while nibbling on rare delicacies.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
              He should probably be ok, then. Five hundred bucks will get him back to Sacramento in a hummer limo while nibbling on rare delicacies.
              ??? And what world do you live in?
              Not as creative as keys

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                For my money it was Parsely the rookie handing out the K-note rumors.
                Ahh yeah. I try to only listen to Rosemary. She's got some sage advice if you've got the thyme.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

A world in which subtle hyperbole is often misunderstood by the bitter masses. Barsby will be just fine.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Gregg is from Grass Valley, not sacramento, sacramento is the ewwwww.... That is why I don't live there heh... and about the first place prize... As a TD myself who tried to get the top players on the west coast to go to ODDGC, I made alot of promises and was able to keep them, barely... There is added cash and there is money expected to be added from entry fees and when a low number of entry fees actually comes in, then there are alot of issues. I am sure the committee for the flippn ze disc were hoping for at least 20-30 more players and that itself would have pushed the payout way up.. Same for ODDGC, I had over 12-13 people drop at the last minute and that is over $400 that is now not in the payout... sucks it wasn't a thousand, but at least it was over $500.

Comment

Here, is the truth of the matter the forest service stepped in on the friday, the day before the tournament and said if the tournament was going to happen on their land. Then we had to pay 5% of all entry fees ,disc sales, and on the BBQ sales. They had never discussed that with us before. Along with making us change 8 holes at the last minute as well. So the pro payout was not as good as expected. The other truth is that there was $4200 dollars added to the tournament. Not just to the 16 open players. The other truth is that nobody ever promised Barsby $1000.00 Dollars!!!!!!!!!
                      It was mentioned to him and others that we thought it could be possible that the winner might get $1000.00 dollars. Beacause that was our goal. However that is far different than promising him a $1000.00 dollars. And had the extra $600+ dollars gone into the tournament and not to the forrest service , etc. And the tournament actually filled that probably would have happened.
                      Furthermore, Barsby should have been man enough to talk to us about it directly instead of bad mouthing us to everyone else. And having his buddy's post stupid crap like this.
                      And still more I spend over 200 hours getting sponsorships and put up $700 dollars of the cash myself. As well get all the banners, tee signs, and artwork done at no cost to the tourament. We also provided free camping and all the beers that they could drink saturday night at uncle uli's.
                      I guess next year we should charge all campers $ 10.00 per night camping and we should make them pay for the beers, all so one guy can take home 25-50% of everything that was added to the tournament.
                      And by the way I had committed to giving up another $1500 this year in sponsorship of other tournaments here in Washington State. However after hearing you pro's cry about how much more you feel your do, I'm pulling all of my sponsorships, I had committed already to these tournaments off the table. Someone else can sponsor their Depends diaper and kleenex.

Comment

Not once did he bad mouth any of you guys he was just disappointed in the pay out and thats what i posted previously.
                        I think you should keep the kleenex for yourself friend.
                        Now i'm Done!
                        Not as creative as keys

Comment

Originally posted by KP65 View Post
                          Furthermore, Barsby should have been man enough to talk to us about it directly instead of bad mouthing us to everyone else. And having his buddy's post stupid crap like this.
                          What would that have accomplished? Judging from your ridiculous response here, it would have accomplished nothing.

And by the way I had committed to giving up another $1500 this year in sponsorship of other tournaments here in Washington State. However after hearing you pro's cry about how much more you feel your do, I'm pulling all of my sponsorships, I had committed already to these tournaments off the table. Someone else can sponsor their Depends diaper and kleenex.
                          Wow... you've got some serious "I am going to take my ball and go home" issues. Did mommy not love you enough or something? Not enough hugs at home?

Were you to drop off of the face of the planet and never TD another event, it sounds like you would be doing the sport a huge favor. There will be plenty of adults to step up and more than fill your child-sized shoes, I am sure.

By the way.. I wasn't at your event, I will not attend any of your events and I do not play pro. I do not like people who set up false expectations that they cannot deliver on. Perhaps you should have taken the sponsorship you had planned to donate to other events and paid the park since you clearly didn't have all of your ducks in a row before the tournament? Sounds like you should have bitten the bullet on that one and not left people thinking that you're a liar. Just a thought...
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

whooaa now. hold on.

KP65 is a good guy. he has been supporting disc golf in many ways for a long time now. the post he put here might have been a little dramatic, but i dont think anybody should be jumping down his throat here. that was his first post and he just joined today. he could be a great assett to this forum, but not if you roll out the welcome mat with all the barbed wire on it like you are doing.
                            Team HOSER:dancing:
                            Team OLY:cheerleader:
                            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Yeah... he makes a great first impression.

Let's see... set up false expectations that you can't or won't deliver on and then act like a 4 year-old when someone expresses their disappointment. Classy. Doesn't sound like much of a TD if he can't take open and honest criticism.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Yeah... he makes a great first impression.

Let's see... set up false expectations that you can't or won't deliver on and then act like a 4 year-old when someone expresses their disappointment. Classy. Doesn't sound like much of a TD if he can't take open and honest criticism.
                                No need to fight anger with more anger.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X