X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChUcK, shouldn't it be, "cHUcK?"
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      ChUcK, shouldn't it be, "cHUcK?"
      That would be assuming I could do anything that closely resembled a HUK. I mostly just spray and pray.

Soooo, about the WA series... Hopefully we will have the Terrace Creek Open back in the lineup next year. Heck, the way things are shaping up around there, it would have been plenty functional for a late-summer tourney this year.
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
        Hopefully we will have the Terrace Creek Open back in the lineup next year. Heck, the way things are shaping up around there, it would have been plenty functional for a late-summer tourney this year.
        Gettin' there, gettin' there. Still got a little ways to go before it's suitable for a tournament, IMO. 18 is still a beast that needs to be tamed with some serious weed eating (not to mention a couple other areas that could use it.) 16's tee is still a danger zone. And 14 is still an awful, smelly, mess of a hole...plus it's just plain embarrassing for non-locals to have to see. Things are moving in the right direction though. I don't want to make any promises I can't keep, but I do have plans for at least one tournament before the end of the year.

As for TCO in the lineup, I may be open to having it in the series next year, but definitely would want to do it for a different date. Spending months in advance trying to get the course into shape for one weekend is not an experience I particularly want to go through again.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Also, sumner is getting out of control. I love that course and would love to see it in the series. I have no tools or anything. If there was a work party there I would def. be there.
          www.soulpancake.com
          www.bahai.org
          http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

I know of one way to infuse some life into this WA series forum: move the Lakewood Open thread here from "Upcoming events." It may not be necessary, but it would help us northerners look a hair less latent and (a)pathetic.
            anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

What's a Hairless Latent? Some sort of chinchilla?

Speaking of the Lakewood Open, I was out there with Edge moving all the baskets to the shorts yesterday, and we had a bit of an issue with finding the other two collar positions for hole 17. If anyone is practiced up in divination, dowsing, or is able to use the force, it would help to find the pins before Saturday...

Tim said:
              I don't want to make any promises I can't keep, but I do have plans for at least one tournament before the end of the year.
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

[QUOTE=ChUcK;22073]What's a Hairless Latent? Some sort of chinchilla?

Speaking of the Lakewood Open, I was out there with Edge moving all the baskets to the shorts yesterday, and we had a bit of an issue with finding the other two collar positions for hole 17. If anyone is practiced up in divination, dowsing, or is able to use the force, it would help to find the pins before Saturday...

We found long 17, can't find middle.

Comment

Riverside is a wetland on both ends and we have not been notified how or if we can mow in some areas. The county will be coming through to mow the rest in the next couple of weeks and will do so once a week for the summer.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I thought I had heard something about Riverside changing hands to the city of Sumner instead of being run by the County... Is that still in play, or did the County drop that idea?

Comment

It is still a county park. If mark were on here he could give all the details, but I heard that guy is a dork.
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

ROFL@The Dork

Comment

As a follow up to my original comments in this thread...

Recently someone or many persons, have gone through the 'coom course and cleaned it up real good, as well, someone got some mowing done there and the place looks half way decent now.

Kudos to those involved in cleaning up the course recently and those who mowed that place. It looks so much better now. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            What's a Hairless Latent? Some sort of chinchilla?
                            ... take the hair off a chinchilla and you may as well listen to RATM without Zack de la Rocha. I for one do NOT want to look like that.

If this is an ongoing issue, I'm sure somebody on here has a metal detector.

I heartily second that!!
                            anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett View Post

I've seen run down neighborhoods in the Hilltop area of Tacoma look better than the Fort Steilacoom course.

My first shock was the amount of litter throughout the course... I asked my friends why there were no trash cans.

It's hard to distinguish one lane from another, baskets missing, benches busted up and or missing, signs vandalized, painted on or missing.

"lost and found"

~Garrett
                              As a Steili local, your post really made me angry. I know you probably dont care, but i'd like to address some of what you brought up.

Fort Steilacoom is an amazing disc golf course. possibly because you have not played else-where you dont have an appreciation of what you have, but it is amazing. While it may need some improvements, it remains one of the best washington has to offer. Where else can two 18 hole courses be played without ever crossing eachother so events can have the number of spots needed as the sport grows.

Trash is a huge problem, but trash cans WILL NOT solve it. If we put in trash cans, would you go and empty them when they fill up every 2 days? once they are full, people just throw the trash on the ground near the cans. Kids from the neighboring appartments love to come over to the course at night for some drinks and smash their bottles on the teepads and throw their cans in the bushes, but there really isnt anything we can do about it.

Unlike some courses which are lucky to have parks department aid in maintaining the course, Steili is completely player maintained. When you see the remnants of a bench, that was hard work some golfer invested to put a bench in. When people break them, that shows that we cant have nice benches and that such work is a waste. Before the Spring Classic, the course was cleaned up really well, probably the cleanest its been in a while, but it took less than a week for the litter to build up again. And its not the regular local golfers that trash the course, its the casuals who just come out because its a place to drink and hang out.

The layout problems are somewhat being addressed, and changes will be implemented soonly after the FSO (whether or not i agree with said changes).

I view the lost and found as a priviledge. You say that Mark was elitist, but i think you expect too much. The lost and found person should not be responsible for your plastic, remembering if yours was in there, or to call your number. As much as a hundred discs are put in the slot every month, and there is no way one person should be responsible for getting you back your plastic. The burden lies on you. I try to call the numbers on discs before i turn them in and tell the person that its in the lost and found, but im not obligated to. Mark is a golfer, its not his job to maintain the lost disc pile, he's doing it as a favor to the rest of us. When the plexiglass covering the lost and found slot was broken and not repaired for quite a while, i didnt get a single lost disc returned to me. Im thankful that there is even the drop box so there is a chance that a trustworthy golfer will return my plastic.

perhaps with time you will gain some perspective on the fort steilacoom disc golf course, but your comments are narrowsighted and it angers me to think that this is what people are reading about the course i love. I look on the course review websites and i see people bashing steili, i see its not even in the top ten in washington and i blame things like your post and people who come and play the course by themselves once and get lost and decide to post about it on the web. The course isnt perfect and we are always working to improve it, but your comments are unwarranted.

The course is looking great for the FSO and i hope alot of you make it out to play and support the club, Jason and disc golf in washington
                              Last edited by Ode; June 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Disc Golf is a DIY kind of sport. If you want to see something happen....DO IT YOURSELF! It takes a leader to step up and show the masses what to do. ONLY by individual people stepping up and doing what needs to be done, will the masses follow! Maybe we could spend a little more time on the course with a trash bag and a mower than sitting at a computer complaining about how bad OUR course is!

Oh yea, kudos to Rob Dean, he understands this logic!
                                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X