Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Thanks. Will discuss it with the boss.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ok. This morning I just signed up with the PDGA. Obviously, I don't have a number, or a rating. I am just curious whether or not I should sign up for novice or recreational? Any input from those that know my throwing abilities would be greatly appreciated.

Also, concering the kids flights. Am I allowed to walk with my wife's son during his round? He's only eight, and has no experience whatsoever with an organized disc golf event. Will the rounds be spread out to allow for this? Just curious. Thanks.

~Z
      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Zip,
        My son is 11 and knows the ropes and would be happy to help your wifes son around the course. He'll be playing Jr>13 but if not enough Jrs play he'll be lumped in with my son (I assume).

When my son was younger playing they had an Adult walk with the Jrs to guide them along. Which is helpful.

Doug

Comment

Zip: Intermediate. You're not a Novice and you just shot -18 at Orchard the other night, canning a big putt from your own hand to seal it. If you can do that, you are an intermediate player at least.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Or start practicing and surprise yourself at the event
            Everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by douglaselvis View Post
              Zip,
              My son is 11 and knows the ropes and would be happy to help your wifes son around the course. He'll be playing Jr>13 but if not enough Jrs play he'll be lumped in with my son (I assume).

When my son was younger playing they had an Adult walk with the Jrs to guide them along. Which is helpful.

Doug
              Doug,

Rec division? Seriously? You have a higher rating than mine. Still not saying much, but Rec? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Zip: Intermediate. You're not a Novice and you just shot -18 at Orchard the other night, canning a big putt from your own hand to seal it. If you can do that, you are an intermediate player at least.
                Ya know, there IS a division between Novice and Intermediate. It's called AM3 (it's other name is very misleading). That is the division that I would play in, and I think Mitch matches up with me pretty well. Normally, TD's don't offer this division, but the good people running the BMO were kind enough to do so. There's one person signed up for MA2, and 11 in MA3.

Comment

Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
                  Doug,

Rec division? Seriously? You have a higher rating than mine. Still not saying much, but Rec? Seriously?
                  Easy now! Don't make me go all Division Name Cop on ya! MA1, MA2, MA3 & MA4 all have ratings ranges associated with them. If your rating allows you to play in a division then everybody else should shut the F up. This ingrained BS of trying to bully people into playing above their rating is really starting to piss me off.

Maybe I should rename the divisions: MA1 could be the Bagger division, MA2 could be the DoucheBag division, MA3 could be the Playa division and MA4 could be the Studly division! Those names make about as much sense as the current ones!

Just play where your rating allows and have fun competing against those of similar skill.
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                    Easy now! Don't make me go all Division Name Cop on ya! MA1, MA2, MA3 & MA4 all have ratings ranges associated with them. If your rating allows you to play in a division then everybody else should shut the F up. This ingrained BS of trying to bully people into playing above their rating is really starting to piss me off.

Maybe I should rename the divisions: MA1 could be the Bagger division, MA2 could be the DoucheBag division, MA3 could be the Playa division and MA4 could be the Studly division! Those names make about as much sense as the current ones!

Just play where your rating allows and have fun competing against those of similar skill.

THIS MAN IS A GENIUS! YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM!

Comment

Hey... if you want to continue to hold yourself back with the pack, go right ahead. I think Zippy has been playing a long time and I feel that if he wants his game to continue to improve he should challenge himself in a tougher division against one person (with more signing up who have recently played rec and see the wisdom of moving up) rather than sit back with the herd.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sure, Jordan. And your division could be the colostomy bagger division.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hey... if you want to continue to hold yourself back with the pack, go right ahead. I think Zippy has been playing a long time and I feel that if he wants his game to continue to improve he should challenge himself in a tougher division against one person (with more signing up who have recently played rec and see the wisdom of moving up) rather than sit back with the herd.
                          Another PRIME example of the BS I was talking about. Why not just pressure him into donating his entry fee to YOUR division?

Comment

Sure, Jordan. And your division could be the colostomy bagger division.
                            An EXCELLENT name for the division!

But then what are you saving for the MG1 division?

Comment

Because it's not about me, Jordan. It's about what people want from their game. If they want to kick it with their homies like they do in their casual rounds, play Rec. If they want to get better at these things we like to attend on weekends, he should play with better players.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

But then what are you saving for the MG1 division?
                                The Geritol and Colostomy Bagger Division, naturally.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X