Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
    Tournament is AM only.
    Well that explains that then. Thanks!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Bad Monkey...reminds me of some Sunday mornings.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        d'oh! I just realized I have a conflict that weekend and can't make it. I'm camping with a group of Cub Scouts and, since I'm the organizer of the event, I kind of have to be there. This was sounding like a great 1st PDGA event for my son.

The good news is we'll be at Horning's.

In any case, thanks to Ryan, Wog, and everyone else for putting together what sounds like a really fun event.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          d'oh! I just realized I have a conflict that weekend and can't make it. I'm camping with a group of Cub Scouts and, since I'm the organizer of the event, I kind of have to be there.
          That's too bad Scott, I was hoping your son could make it! But duty calls, I suppose, and camping is fun as well. We might have some tourney discs for sale that you can buy though

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            No worries. Too many details sometimes.

Comment

We will use the normal 12 hole layout.
              Ryan you may want to consider a 13th hole, I think in order to have the rounds rated you need 13 holes or you must combine two rounds into a 24 holes layout. You can chat with Chuck Kennedy on this one, he will have additional information surrounding the PDGA handling of a 12 hole tournament.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

There are currently two divisions for juniors available when you register online, but we will open more if needed. Players born after 1993 that would like to request placement in a Youth III or IV division should include their birthdate with their registration.

Youth I is for those born 1990 or later.
                Youth II is for those born 1993 or later.

By my math that means Youth I is for those that are were 18 years old on January 1st this year, and Youth II for those 15 years old on January 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                  Ryan you may want to consider a 13th hole, I think in order to have the rounds rated you need 13 holes or you must combine two rounds into a 24 holes layout. You can chat with Chuck Kennedy on this one, he will have additional information surrounding the PDGA handling of a 12 hole tournament.
                  Thanks for the head's up. I'm about fairly certain that the minimum for ratings is 12 holes, but I'll check.

Comment

Registration available now at http://bmo.stumptowndg.com

Comment

YAR!

Looks like we have some more candidates for Reading For Comprehension 101!
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Thanks for the head's up. I'm about fairly certain that the minimum for ratings is 12 holes, but I'll check.
                        Doing the research on the PDGA tournament directors report, it looks like 13 holes is the magic number for each round. However, I think I was told that the 13 hole requirement is for course rating, but not necessary for a player rating. I'll do some more checking and we'll definitely consider adding a 13th hole.

Comment

Additional details on the tournament available at: http://vcdg.org/tournaments

Current players list: http://snipurl.com/pdga_bmo

Comment

I'm in! This is going to be a FUN tournament and it benefits the RCO. Thanks guys!

Bob

Comment

Know someone that needs to sponsor a hole at this event.

They can pay online at http://snipurl.com/bmo_sponsor

Heck, why don't you sponsor two??

Comment

I'm signed up. Oh, and I sponsored 2 holes, no waiting.
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X