X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    Thanks Eric and Tim! Great tourney (as always)!
    Wow! I can't even begin to describe how well run this event was. Eric and Tim have my appreciation and respect. Way to go guys. I hope you can get back to real life now and play some golf. Can I register for next year now?
    Training to be a bagger

Comment

Well this goes out to all that could not attend the tournament this year you should start making plans for next year. Eric and Tim,Tuffy,Kurt and all the behind the scenes people that made this event a great time for all that attended, thank you from the Elliott's, your hard work and passion for the sport is so appreciated by all that attend. I would also like to thank my son and best friend Jesse for playing in this fathers day tourny with his dad, I can't believe that he will be getting his drivers licence next month, wow where have all the years gone jesse hasn't played alot of disc golf this last year, so taking 4th in int. division made his dad pretty proud, I know all the dads out there can relate to the reality that it was just like yesterday that we were bringing our kids home from the hospital. So don't let a day go by without telling them how much you love them and how proud of them you are no matter what intrest's they have, because someday you'll wake up and there going to be all grown up.

Comment

Originally posted by citizens arrest View Post
        Well this goes out to all that could not attend the tournament this year you should start making plans for next year. Eric and Tim,Tuffy,Kurt and all the behind the scenes people that made this event a great time for all that attended, thank you from the Elliott's, your hard work and passion for the sport is so appreciated by all that attend. I would also like to thank my son and best friend Jesse for playing in this fathers day tourny with his dad, I can't believe that he will be getting his drivers licence next month, wow where have all the years gone jesse hasn't played alot of disc golf this last year, so taking 4th in int. division made his dad pretty proud, I know all the dads out there can relate to the reality that it was just like yesterday that we were bringing our kids home from the hospital. So don't let a day go by without telling them how much you love them and how proud of them you are no matter what intrest's they have, because someday you'll wake up and there going to be all grown up.
        I bet the kids' pretty proud of his dad as well!
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

THANKS!

Comment

Just the other day I heard him fighting with some other kid... "MY Dad's got a lower PDGA number than YOUR Dad!!!

Ok, it didn't really happen... but it would be pretty cool
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Sounds like most everyone had a good time out there, which makes me glad. Definite thanks go out to Kurt Bayne for being a huge help and providing constant entertainment with his non-sequiturs; Andrew and Sheila for helping out with selling pizza, adding scores, and all sorts of other things; Chuck for helping out in getting the course ready before the tourney and doing grunt work before and between rounds; Aaron T. and Eric M. for coming down and helping paint circles even though they had NO other affiliation with the event; and Tuffi and Brian H. (and any other Lakewood locals) for doing all they do for making Lakewood look so durn nice. Thanks everyone!
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I put together a bunch of video clips as a preview video for the Lakewood Open. I've also got final 9 video which I'll be putting up soon.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqCWnhTeGDc
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Great video........watched myself over and over make that long putt on the beach hole..........yeah!!! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut or two.

Great tournament........thanks to all that help make this event a sucess.

Congrats to Mike W. Let me know what disc you want for that ace........ I wont forget buddy.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Hey Dan! Which hole did Mike ace(and what round)? Wish I could've played this year, but I sprained my ankle a few weeks prior while playing softball.

Someone told me that construction begins in a month or two, and that Lakewood will be taking on some major changes-- if this is true, I hope that a few holes are designed to bring water hazards into play--(it is "Lakewood" after all) such as the temp' beach hole and perhaps another crossing that southeast corner of the lake... maybe it's time to start a new thread>>>
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I'm not Dan, but Mike got #9 and then splashed chains on #10 short...all part of his hot final comeback round on Sunday. Good old Andy "Acepot" Faris also got #1 in the short on Saturday.

As for the construction, I haven't heard anything about it beginning any time soon. Originally, I think it was slated to start in a couple months, which was part of the reason for moving the Lakewood Open earlier in the year. With the economy being what it is though, the last I've heard about the project is that it's "delayed indefinitely." But yeah, there is a decent chance that this was the last year that the Open could be played in this layout.
                      Last edited by Tim; June 25th, 2009, 05:04 AM.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Is this the same toby that traded me the awesome yellow champion monarch........flys great so far. Sorry to hear about the ankle.........hope you heal fast enough to get in some tourneys before winter.
                        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Pix from the LKWD Open

I managed to get some of my tourney photos edited and up on the flickr site. Stop by and have a look.

Comment

OK, the last final 9 video had a small technical glitch but its fixed:

2009 Lakewood Open: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFg_cJsncg
                            'Weekend 4 Women':
                            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X