X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smobro View Post
    How do we get more info about camping there?
    Can anyone give me an idea about this? I would love to sign up but want to know what the accomodations are.

Thanks,

Smo
    Training to be a bagger

Comment

CAMPING

Originally posted by smobro View Post
      Can anyone give me an idea about this? I would love to sign up but want to know what the accomodations are.

Thanks,

Smo
      The nearest "real" camping is Saltwater State Park which is a bit south of Burien on I5, but it is currently closed until "further notice". Yay. Hence my offering of backyard lawnspace.

There is also a KOA in Kent...

That's about all I know of

Comment

I have camped successfully at Dash Point State Park in years past....
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Yes... but have you updated the calendar to include this event?

Oh... and did you get my message about my chair?
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I think you have my PDGA # wrong... it's 29435 not 29935

Comment

I will be heading out tomorrow (Friday June 5th) to practice this course -- I was hoping someone is willing to go with me so I can get an idea.. any volunteers? I will be out there around 1030ish...

Crystal
              Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
              DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Yes... but have you updated the calendar to include this event?

Oh... and did you get my message about my chair?
                Yes. And yes.
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Looks like it's almost full up! I figured it'd fill, it always does!

Comment

if i remember corectly last year there was 4 added holes for the tournament, when i look at the flyer it says 20 holes for this year. that would mean only 2 added holes, does anybody know which holes those would be??? i would like to practice them.

thanks.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                      if i remember corectly last year there was 4 added holes for the tournament, when i look at the flyer it says 20 holes for this year. that would mean only 2 added holes, does anybody know which holes those would be??? i would like to practice them.

thanks.
                      The good ones.
                      No, really I think all four will be there, since there are 110 players.
                      5X22=110
                      Bring your stool- the sitting kind that is....

Comment

Ouch -- Means it's time to play the "waiting" game! I hope we all have a wonderful time and gain from this experience!
                        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

Here's a copy/paste of Eric's email that went out, in case anyone isn't on his email list.

Hi folks,

You are probably aware that the Lakewood Open has once again filled
                          early and the tournament is approaching fast, less than one week to go!.

I set up a block of time to meet with the Parks maintenance crew to have
                          them use their front loader to drop wood chips around the course for us.
                          I'm hoping a few of you can stop to help spread the chips out and make
                          the course look extra beautiful for the tourney. I'll be meeting them
                          near the number 12 tee pad (Geezer way) at 10:00 am with my metal rake
                          in hand. I'll also bring a few garbage bags and if we have the manpower
                          then maybe we can do some trash pickup as well. Please consider joining
                          the crew to help spruce up Lakewood on Tuesday, June 16th at ten in the
                          morning! Bring a rake if you've got one.

BTW: the course will be closed to casual play during the tournament
                          rounds but all are welcome to play the 22 hole layout during the lunch
                          break if they'd like to (hopefully around 1:30-2:00pm)

Cheers, Eric
                          Also, I plan on being out at the course some time later this week to work on painting circles and whatnot. If anyone is interested in helping out, just let me know.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post

thanks.

Cold Steel is correct, there will be 4 added holes, the same ones as last year, though there may be slightly minor modifications to the pin/pad placements.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I am slightly nervous about playing here - I will be playing somewhat blind on this course since I was only able to play a few holes on it during the first Friday of June.
                              Right now I have to go find a mechanic to work on my car so I can drive over to play.. grump! Anything and wishes for positive thoughts please!!!

Comment

I think you'll find it's a fair course, no terribly frustrating holes (although #13 can be a pisser if your great drive rolls ob, but that's another story). A few pins are hard to see, but your group will be able to help you. It's a very nice course! Good luck.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X