X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom will be there too!
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
      My mom will be there too!
      Speaking of Superclass......I mean Super-wide-class!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
        Sounds good. What's your full name Tim so I know who to look for? Thanks.
        Tim Coye, I'll be representing in the D-Pool. Ohhhh yeah.

I kind of look like a shorter, less athletic version of Dirk Nowitizki*

* Hoop earrings, Ashton Kutcher styling, and cute blonde not included
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by hyphenboy View Post
          If folks are thinking of traveling for this event... I have "camping" facilities about 5 minutes from the course. Putting basket in backyard and "driving range" across the street. PM me... there is space for camper/etc. too.

FORE!

check PM
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Which layout is used at Lakewood Open? I want to check it out before the tournament if possible so I can practice it....
            Last edited by Mystjava; May 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM. Reason: incomplete thoughts..
            Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
            DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
              Which layout is used at Lakewood Open? I want to check it out before the tournament if possible so I can practice it....

The baskets get moved quite regularily at Lakewood, so you may not be able to play the tournament layout until the day of.
              The layout as of last Saturday has #12 in the short position, at 300', the tourney layout has this hole at 600', so you wont be able to practice that one right now.

#1 is in the right position, its usual spot , and most likely would be there for a tourney.
              #2 is long and right, up by the fence, probably the most likely placement for the tourney.
              #3 is long
              #4 is a fixed target, so its ready to go.
              You can play #5 to both its short, right, and long dogleg left baskets, both are in place.
              #6 has both short and long tees, to a single basket position, so you could play both.
              #7 also has 2 tees, the coffin tee as well as an alternate tee above and to the left, play both for practice.
              #8 and #9 are fixed baskets and tees.
              #10 is short for baseball season and should remain there for the tournament.
              #11 basket moves alot, but the placement is all in the same area, so playing it where it is now is good enough practice.
              #12, like I said is short, it will probably be long for the tourney.
              #13 has multiple basket locations, but all are in the same general area, so it should play close to where it is now.
              #14 basket always lives up behind the big cedar, so no surprises there.
              #15 is currently in its longest configuration, with the basket deep and right of the pond, be careful with your upshot here, the pond is pretty nasty.
              #16 is in its short left position, I would expect it to be deep and right for the tourney.
              #17 is in the long position, so its ready for tourney play.
              #18 is currently on the island in the parking area, this is the usual tourney postion, with the surrounding pavement being O.B..

Ok, now go tear it up.

Comment

Originally posted by hyphenboy View Post
                If folks are thinking of traveling for this event... I have "camping" facilities about 5 minutes from the course. Putting basket in backyard and "driving range" across the street. PM me... there is space for camper/etc. too.

FORE!
                How do we get more info about camping there?
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

I definitely am interested in this tournament as I loved Lakewood the one time I was there. What does current registration look like? If I decide in a week or two that I want to play, will there still be time to get in?

Thanks!
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

[QUOTE=captain jack;18504]The baskets get moved quite regularily at Lakewood, so you may not be able to play the tournament layout until the day of.

The "normal" way this is run, first round everything short as possible, second round either middle or long (if there is no middle,) and the last round is everything in long. So you get to play it all!
                    Oh, and there's usually three or four added temp holes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Steel View Post
                      The "normal" way this is run, first round everything short as possible, second round either middle or long (if there is no middle,) and the last round is everything in long. So you get to play it all!
                      Oh, and there's usually three or four added temp holes as well.
                      Lord Byron speaketh the truth. I think we'll be rolling with 4 temp holes too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        I definitely am interested in this tournament as I loved Lakewood the one time I was there. What does current registration look like? If I decide in a week or two that I want to play, will there still be time to get in?

Thanks!
                        Sitting at 40 right now, though I don't know if Eric has received new ones. I do expect the event to fill, I think it's more a matter of "when" than "if". Really hard to say when it'll happen though, if people are interested in playing this event, I'd recommend erring on the side of caution and registering earlier than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Lord Byron speaketh the truth. I think we'll be rolling with 4 temp holes too.
                          Hey, if you are going to go Superclass why not replace the baskets with hoola-hoops!?!?

Comment

Jeez, way to ruin the surprise, Pinkal.

Comment

Regarding the layout for the open, Cold Steel's recap is correct. Tim and I will try and get the baskets into the first round positions a couple of days before the event.

If you are on the fence about signing up for Lakewood you should know that I have a very generous refund policy. Just let me know ahead of time if you can't make it and I'll be glad to give you a refund (minus online reg fee). There has always been a waiting list for the tourney and if I know you aren't going to be there then it's very easy to fill that spot. I do try and keep the online info about registration up to date, just take a look at the pdga sched. for that info.

Comment

Hey Eric.. is that the same "refund" for the Fort Steilacoom policy also?
                                If so.. I might be tempted to do that so I don't have to play there over the fourth of July.. I'm having second thoughts on it.. (sorry..) But I am coming to the Lakewood Open!!!
                                Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                                DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X