Spring Classic Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by #7558 View Post
    Its true. NW and SE courses will be played. players will be playing in 4somes on two different courses. this will make things run much smoother. with no 6 hours rounds. No change to check in time. Same format as years past. two rounds sat one on sun. Sat 2nd round tee will be at 2pm. everyone should wrap up by 4:30 or five sat. and much earlier on sun.

    sorry for the change and confusion. I got zero updates from pdga online on sunday. then yesterday I got two days worth, 30 more pushing the field to 151. every division will be larger w/more payout.

    tee signs are done for the new format. 10 meter lines around all 36 baskets with arrows pointing to next tee will be done by fri.

    Peace

    I'm confused. I thought we were playing one round of 27 on Sat and one on Sunday?

    Checkin is still by 9:15, right?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
      I'm confused. I thought we were playing one round of 27 on Sat and one on Sunday?

      Checkin is still by 9:15, right?
      Same check in, but different courses... NW/SE: Too bad, the pro courses are the best Steilly has to offer and the original reason for me coming to play this one! Oh well, the more the merrier.

      Weather should be alright for first day, Sunday still up to the clouds.

      Comment


      • #48
        Just wondering, is there spots to camp close by for this?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Thumbsky View Post
          Jub, what's with the hostility? Take it easy bro, I've been to your events and there isn't anything more special about them than any other C-tier... But if props is what you are looking for than here they are!

          Don't be a hater, be honest about the product you provide... If it's the best you could provide, how could there be anything wrong with that?

          Personally, I tend to support TD's that don't toot their own horn.
          It's not about being a hater. 4 for payout Paid $90 valued at $135. What about the other two? Why should a single events players pay for series fundraisers? And don't they each generate income? To what end? Bolster SC payout? Great!

          Your comment about all pulling together.
          Right now not even everyone involved in the WA series is on the same page or there would not be as much inconsistency between events. I am still curious why Ray runs two WA series every year? Is there not someone else in the TDGPA who is capable of running one of them or both? Ray has got to be burned out by now. At least that was the story the day before ASC.
          rewindb.com

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            It's not about being a hater. 4 for payout Paid $90 valued at $135. What about the other two? Why should a single events players pay for series fundraisers? And don't they each generate income? To what end? Bolster SC payout? Great!

            Your comment about all pulling together.
            Right now not even everyone involved in the WA series is on the same page or there would not be as much inconsistency between events. I am still curious why Ray runs two WA series every year? Is there not someone else in the TDGPA who is capable of running one of them or both? Ray has got to be burned out by now. At least that was the story the day before ASC.
            Perhaps he's also involved with the implosion of the ORS that occurred around the same time.
            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

            Comment


            • #51
              Jub, I tend to not believe rumors... But if Ray is burnt out after the 30 something odd pdga tournies that he has ran I would not be suprised, who would?

              I would imagine the TDGPA would gladly welcome any and all willing TD's, especially anyone willing to do multiple tournies and fundraisers every year! People like that are hard to find and even harder to convince that bringing an entire state together is possible.

              I personally have no problem donating a portion of my entry to another tournament if helps others make better tournaments. Isn't that what it's about? Maybe there should be a bag tag fund created from players all around the state that the TD's can draw from if they should fall short of projected added cash requirements.

              Help a brother or sister out, that's the name of the game.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by T-what? View Post
                Just wondering, is there spots to camp close by for this?
                Tewa,

                A couple of years ago we camped somewhere between Olympia and Tacoma...for the life of me can't remember the name of the place. It was a little "rustic", but a place to throw your tent.

                I know, no help.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by T-what? View Post
                  Just wondering, is there spots to camp close by for this?
                  Joemma Beach State Park (About 12-15 mi. from course)

                  First come, first serve park on the beach.
                  I think 19 or 20 tent sites available, 17-24$/night
                  http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selec...ubject=camping

                  Hope that helps?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Thanks guys!

                    Comment

                    Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X