Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got all excited when I learned that I could win a basket!! I would much rather play for the basket than script, a ziplock of pre-selected crapola, or a cheesy trophy... -- I could then have one at home and one at work! If you want the trophy, win the basket and decorate it as one--

Jub, you're such a ladies man, always looking out for the best interest of the girls-- play on PLAYA!!
    I would think that women would be more inclined to participate if they were encouraged by other ladies, not by 'incentives' from crusty old men like Jub... I strongly agree that doing things like the 'chick-flick' would be a good way to recruit more dedicated female players. All jokes aside, I agree that the girls deserve a basket as well.... a laundry basket that is-- perhaps part of the players' pack(the Spring Clean)? JUST KIDDING-- don't get your panties in a bind Tuffi...

don't like my jokes? Call 1-800-UGO-GIRL
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Anybody putting together friday doubles?

Comment

Just checked the players list and there are 151 players signed up. I thought it was limited to 135 am I missing something....
          WORK LESS THROW MORE
          http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Depends on the (format) Layout

NW SE is the only way
            Last edited by LJ Jubner; May 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM. Reason: Layout not format
            rewindb.com

Comment

Its true. NW and SE courses will be played. players will be playing in 4somes on two different courses. this will make things run much smoother. with no 6 hours rounds. No change to check in time. Same format as years past. two rounds sat one on sun. Sat 2nd round tee will be at 2pm. everyone should wrap up by 4:30 or five sat. and much earlier on sun.

sorry for the change and confusion. I got zero updates from pdga online on sunday. then yesterday I got two days worth, 30 more pushing the field to 151. every division will be larger w/more payout.

tee signs are done for the new format. 10 meter lines around all 36 baskets with arrows pointing to next tee will be done by fri.

Peace

Comment

baskets and trophies

The 6 baskets were not free. they cost over $500 shipped. Ive got to pick someone to give them to. So i choose the winners of the largest am divisions. or should i give them to 2nd place? that would not fly to well.
                Also, who said the basket takes place of a trophy. 1st place winners will still receive trophies. if tyvek wins, his basket goes to 2nd place.

dave stewart was added along with 31 others last night.

see ya sat.

Comment

Originally posted by #7558 View Post
                  Its true. NW and SE courses will be played. ....

sorry for the change and confusion. I got zero updates from pdga online on sunday. then yesterday I got two days worth, 30 more pushing the field to 151. every division will be larger w/more payout.

tee signs are done for the new format. 10 meter lines around all 36 baskets with arrows pointing to next tee will be done by fri.

Peace
                  Way to roll with the punches, Ray. Sounds like you immediately and flawlessly turned the PDGA's setbacks into lemonade.

... Also, who said the basket takes place of a trophy. 1st place winners will still receive trophies. if tyvek wins, his basket goes to 2nd place.
                  ... and maybe Toby's "cheesy trophy" should be similarly reallocated.

You are appreciated by many, Ray.
                  anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

I was not insinuating that Ray's trophies were cheesy-- I appreciate Ray's efforts as much as anyone... Ray has always been accomodating, and he has been quite flexible for team "Fashionably Late", whenever we show up to a doubles tourney at '2 minutes!!!'

Sorry, just not much of a trophy guy-- not one to display my own trophies, so they just go in a box>> but a basket would get used and shown to friends-- whoever wins it can say, "I got this for winning my division at the Spring Classic!!"
                    I just wanted to make the point that I liked BASKETS AS PRIZES... WOOHOO!!!
                    Ok, if I want to have any chance to win that basket this weekend, I better go putt-- off to the fourth floor at work to practice 30 footers--
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I will say most tournamnets do have cheesy trophies. Photoshoped Pic dollar store frame. If not cheesy then low budget for sure.

$500 bucks for 6 mach Lites Uh but still if you value them at retail it's over $800 sounds like added cash to me for someone.
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Also, who said the basket takes place of a trophy. 1st place winners will still receive trophies. if tyvek wins, his basket goes to 2nd place.

dave stewart was added along with 31 others last night.

see ya sat.
                        when i read your first post, sounded like the baskets were taking the place of a trophy, thats where i got that idea. it is great that the winners will get both a trophy and basket.

if i win that would be a miracle, because i am working on saturday! not able to play

i still think that the womens divisions need to be given more stuff than the mens. that goes for all tournaments, not just yours. have special stuff for the women, stuff that they would appreciate more than a man would. like a hot pink disc bag or something.

OH WAIT, Toby said he wanted a hot pink disc bag to go along with his pink polka dot laundry basket!!!!
                        Team HOSER:dancing:
                        Team OLY:cheerleader:
                        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                          I will say most tournamnets do have cheesy trophies. Photoshoped Pic dollar store frame. If not cheesy then low budget for sure.
                          i know of three tournaments that dont have cheesy trophies. White river open. (very nice plaques) Jet wash open (sweet dyed discs) and the yauger bomb (custom hand blown glass trophies and dyed disc trophys).
                          Team HOSER:dancing:
                          Team OLY:cheerleader:
                          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Funny not one of the events you mentioned is "spin" sponsored. Basket and trophy not much left for scrip.

Personally I don't think there should be a trophy for anyone but first. Ty you forgot CSI and the coolest trophy out there. The mini basket from micro putt. Jet Wash will have some really cool trophies again this year.
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                              don't get your panties in a bind Tuffi..
                              Talked to Tuffi and she said she "thats it Toby" Bosses at 10 paces!!!!!
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Jub, what's with the hostility? Take it easy bro, I've been to your events and there isn't anything more special about them than any other C-tier... But if props is what you are looking for than here they are!

Not hard to complain about a tourney you don't run, but it IS very difficult to run an event without any hiccups or bumps in the road. You of all people should know that. Maybe next year you can help Ray run the event and be a part of making it better. As far as I can see, you are interested in anything but.

All these years and Washington disc golf hasn't changed much. Could be why we can't organize well enough to field a National or World stage event, what with all the bickering and complaining about everything. No wonder we seem so far behind Oregon now.

Somehow things need to change if we are going to have not just pretty good C and B tiers with one occasional A tier, usually on a family holiday. You want to run a first class event, bring all the different groups of golfers around here together. Then maybe you'll have a chance at a first class event. However until then, all your tournies will just be pretty good and "sufficient".

Don't be a hater, be honest about the product you provide... If it's the best you could provide, how could there be anything wrong with that?

Personally, I tend to support TD's that don't toot their own horn.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X