Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 dga mach lites will be given away at this event. ma1, ma2, mm1, mg1 division winners will all walk away with a red or blue one. the basket plus schwag for the ma1 winner. another basket for the putting contest winner and another by raffle.
    So far$310 cash added to the pros. more as sponsorship grows.
    Get registered.

Comment

I heard that winners from Bob West this year felt cheated They got a basket for winning and second got this cool trophy. + it's a quick way to over value the payout. What about the gals don't they get one also?
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
        I heard that winners from Bob West this year felt cheated They got a basket for winning and second got this cool trophy. + it's a quick way to over value the payout. What about the gals don't they get one also?
        i agree, i think the winner should get a basket AND a trophy. i also agree with jub that the gals should get a basket AT LEAST! we need to be giving the women in tournaments BETTER trohpys and prizes than the men, so that we get more women coming out.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
          6 brand new baskets to give away. Way to bitch that it's not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            nobody said thats not enough baskets!! they just need to be divided up better. i personaly would rather have a trophy than a basket anyday.
            Team Meteor

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Actually Scott only 4 are for payout 2 are for other "full field" games or revenue producers. Anyway, it seems inconsistent to give baskets to select divisions over others.

+ It's kinda crappy to win an event and get only a basket while the rest get to chose their winnings. Normally Winners don't need baskets They should actually go to the DFL's cause they can use the practice.

At CSI I tired and succeeded to encourage more ladies to play. There were 8 Open ladies and 4 Ams Not bad for a little C tier.
              rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                nobody said that's not enough baskets!! they just need to be divided up better. i personally would rather have a trophy than a basket anyday.
                The basket take up too much room on the mantel
                rewindb.com

Comment

i personaly would rather have a trophy than a basket anyday.
                  What?

I just can not wrap my head around this statement this morning??

Would you care to enlighten me/us as to why you would rather have a trophy
                  instead of a basket,please.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                    What?

I just can not wrap my head around this statement this morning??

Would you care to enlighten me/us as to why you would rather have a trophy
                    instead of a basket,please.

it's because anybody can go out and get a basket. but not anybody can go out and get a 1st place ADV trophy. the trophy is something special, a basket is not as special in my opinon. but this is coming from a guy that has 3 baskets (homemade but still baskets) and no trophys (yet!)
                    Team Meteor

Comment

Originally posted by #7558 View Post
                      Kinda unorganized is an understatment. pdga had my info for weeks. after personally talking to karolyn 3 times and todd twice he finally got it going. I'll leave it at that.

Now things are coming together. tee signs, scorecards, I put flags on the baskets we will be playing, lots of sponsorship. super cool ant discs. and registration will be close to or over 100 with the next update.

Never played the alt 27. lets just say its one of the best and it is very long. Over 10,000 feet. In order to alleviate fivesomes and 6 hour round. I may send pro's out group by group (groups of 4) on hole 1 and ams out group after group on hole 16. this will alleviate fivesomes and shorten the round. It will work if needed.
                      Hope to see ya all at the spring classic next week. peace
                      i waited as long as i could to send it in. then of course on the day that the online opens i had already dropped it in the mail. I see that it is now filling fast and i want to assure that i had a spot via mail in. IO dont wanna have to sign up online and pay twice. what should i do.
                      Hopeful;ly this timestamp will help.
                      David Stewart #36421 MA1
                      thanx

Comment

i agree, i think the winner should get a basket AND a trophy. i also agree with jub that the gals should get a basket AT LEAST! we need to be giving the women in tournaments BETTER trohpys and prizes than the men, so that we get more women coming out.
                        I completely agree, look at Oregon, I'm so jealous, women's only tourneys, we need to find a way to draw more women in our state to the sport!
                        "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Originally posted by kokaneeninja View Post
                          I completely agree, look at Oregon, I'm so jealous, women's only tourneys, we need to find a way to draw more women in our state to the sport!
                          all it will take to get a womens disc golf movment going here is a few motivated and organized women that want to start something. there are quite a few women disc golfers out and about, but they need somebody to step up and start organizing a event for just them. even if you get one dedicated lady from each course and have them organize a womens only weekly round or even doubles if you get enough, that would start to make a great impact on the number of ladies that play in PDGA tournaments.

my wife plays and she is really good, but unfortuately she isnt the type of personalty that organizes events, we need some women that are great organizers to get some leagues going.

and for all us guys, we need to be supporting these ladies that want to make something happen in disc golf for the women. weather that would be donating time, money, prizes or just encouragment.
                          Team Meteor

Comment

all it will take to get a womens disc golf movment going here is a few motivated and organized women that want to start something. there are quite a few women disc golfers out and about, but they need somebody to step up and start organizing a event for just them. even if you get one dedicated lady from each course and have them organize a womens only weekly round or even doubles if you get enough, that would start to make a great impact on the number of ladies that play in PDGA tournaments.

my wife plays and she is really good, but unfortuately she isnt the type of personalty that organizes events, we need some women that are great organizers to get some leagues going.

and for all us guys, we need to be supporting these ladies that want to make something happen in disc golf for the women. weather that would be donating time, money, prizes or just encouragment.
                            Do what they did here in Oregon, they started small with the casual chicks-only gatherings. Once those were established, they had many willing hands to help out with the tournament. At least that's my take on it.

Comment

Can someone get me in touch with Ray I need to talk to him about the online registration

Comment

Originally posted by desert_heat20 View Post
                                Can someone get me in touch with Ray I need to talk to him about the online registration
                                rayman7558@juno.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X