X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser tournament in Port Angeles, WA 4/25/09

There are golfers in Port Angeles that are itching to have a real course installed somewhere near them. They've got a park that they throw object golf in, and the parks department is apparently on board to install a real course there. All they need is some money to get things happening.

Here's the info I know:

April 25th, Lincoln Park in Port Angeles, WA
    $10 a head, no payouts, but trophies are planned on as well as side prizes like CTPs.
    2 divisions likely, Pro and Am
    No clear start time yet, but tentatively around 11:00 AM start to help those who have to ferry over.
    The more baskets people can bring, the better--I believe there are potentially 16 baskets lined up now, but if people have heavier duty ones they can bring, all the better.
    Contact Nate Bell for more info: 360-809-0342. Nate doesn't have internet out there, so that's the only way to contact him. I can try to answer any questions here, or at the very least, act as a proxy.

Please let Nate or me know if you're interested in attending, and especially if you can bring a basket!
    Last edited by Tim; April 10th, 2009, 08:36 AM.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

I'm supposed to bring my basket but Aaron told me May 2???
    "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Sounds great.. I dont know if I can get my other half to come, but it is worth a shot. I will post up an flyer at HJ Carroll Park on Monday. (Pending approval).
      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Waiting on this.. Is there a simple flyer you want me to make to post at HJ Carroll park?
        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

Which day is it? Apr 25 or May 2? (There are both an OR Series and an Inland NW Series on Apr 25..., May 2 is World's Biggest...) When I have a date, I can add this to calendar....
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I think Tim said it was the 25th of April.. We might need to get in touch with the person in PA to find out. (Under the first message)....

Comment

The reason it should be the 25th of April is because the Hood Canal Bridge will be closed for six weeks as of May 1st! IMHO: It makes more sense to have it early as possible or as in late June.
              :-)

Comment

Yes, 4/25 is the correct date. Nate was originally shooting for May 2nd, but then remembered the Hood Canal Bridge closure. I'll see if I can get a flyer together when I have more details.

Comment

There is an article in our local paper about the upcoming tournament! Here's the link!
                  http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ar...NEWS/304109989
                  Yeah! We can use your support everyone! Come join us!

Comment

Thanks for posting that Crystal! That motivated me to actually type up a little flyer, which is now attached in my first post.

Comment

It's nice to see an article that doesn't have three inaccuracies per sentence. I'll be there, hopefully with some baked goods for sale that will also support the fundraising.
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I'd like to make it out to help support-- I will buy lots of goodies too... sounds like you 'do' as much as I 'get' in the baking department now Chuck...
                        put me down for a loaf of whatever.
                        Carpool anyone?
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Or some of you can "fly in" since the Kenmore Airlines runs between Boeing Fields and Port Angeles Fairchild Airport (I don't know what the cost is, but it just sound like a possible thing to do...) The park is neighbors to the airport.

Comment

I printed up some flyers and handed them out at terrace creek dubs this morning.

Comment

Aww chuck you're so domestic!!!
                              "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X